We always have plenty of pork sausage around, so when I need a quick supper, I use this handy recipe. The colorful vegetables give the hash a bold look to match its flavor. -Virginia Krites, Cridersville, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the onion, carrots and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cook and stir until lightly browned and heated through, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 519mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
- Pierce both potatoes a few times, put in the microwave and cook on high until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove the skin from the sweet potato. Dice both potatoes and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, squash, zucchini and onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the diced potatoes to the veggies and cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over medium heat and crack in the eggs. Cook until the whites have set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve up the hash with a fried egg on top of each portion.
SAUSAGE HASH WITH APPLES & SAGE
One of my favorite things to order when I go out to breakfast is hash - corned beef, roast beef or any other variation - which got me to thinking about trying to make it at home. After all, the ingredients are simple: As long as you've got some kind of protein, potatoes and onions, you're in business. And it makes a fast brunch or even light supper dish, with or without poached eggs.
Provided by Ben S.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil over low heat in a 12-inch non-stick skillet (so potatoes don't stick). While skillet heats, prepare onion and Italian sausage as directed above. A few minutes before cooking, increase heat to medium-high. When oil starts to send up wisps of smoke, add onion and sausage; cook, stirring often, until golden brown. Meanwhile, dice potatoes and apples and toss with remaining oil. Transfer sausage mixture to a bowl and reserve.
- Add potato mixture to empty skillet; cook, stirring only occasionally so they form a golden-brown crust, about 10 minutes. As potatoes cook, mix ketchup, mustard, dried sage and fresh parsley and 2 Tbs. of water. (Recipe can be prepared to this point up to 2 hours ahead. Spread hot potatoes on a large lipped cookie sheet; cover when cool. Return skillet to medium-high; add potatoes and re-crisp.)
- Return reserved sausage mixture to skillet; stir in ketchup mixture, then season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until hash has nicely browned, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 86.3 mg, Fat 49.4 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 19.2 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, Sodium 1598.3 mg, Sugar 10 g
COUNTRY-STYLE SAUSAGE HASH
This will become a family favorite for breakfast or, really, any time of the day. Using frozen potatoes cuts down on prep time, while Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage adds a rich layer of flavor.
Provided by JimmyDean
Categories Breakfast Sausage
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Add Jimmy Dean sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until browned, stirring frequently to break up the sausage into small pieces, then drain. Remove the sausage and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil for 30 seconds. Carefully add the potatoes and fry until they begin to turn golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the potatoes do not stick or burn.
- Add onions, peppers, salt, and pepper, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the sausage and stir well.
- Serve with the fried eggs and avocado slices on top to get more nutrition from the meal.
SAUSAGE & LEEK HASH
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the sausages and fry for 8-10 minutes until well browned. Remove the sausages, then slice them on the diagonal and set aside.
- Turn the heat to high, then add the potatoes and leeks and give them a good stir. Continue to cook on a fairly high heat until the potatoes begin to brown and turn crisp. Toss the sausage slices back in along with the creamed horseradish and heat for a further 2-3 minutes. Take the pan off the heat, sprinkle in the cheese, season well and gently stir to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 24 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 2.72 milligram of sodium
SAUSAGE & SWEET POTATO HASH
Meat and potatoes make up traditional hash. Our version uses sausage, sweet potatoes and sometimes, a little salsa. Sometimes we have it for dinner, too. -Christy Scott Campbell, Blooming Grove, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in sweet potato, onion, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted., Meanwhile, in another nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken. If desired, carefully turn eggs and cook second side to preferred doneness. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Serve hash with eggs and, if desired, salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440 calories, Fat 29g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 249mg cholesterol, Sodium 922mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE HASH
This hash is full of veggies and inspired by a pasta dish that I wanted to make, but had run out of noodles. It can be breakfast with eggs or dinner on its own.
Provided by MandAs
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Begin my heating olive oil in a very large pan over medium-high heat. Crumble sausage into pan and brown completely.
- Add potatoes and onion, cooking approximately 10-15 minutes and stirring frequently.
- Add peppers and cook an additional 5 minutes occasionally. Potatoes and vegetables should begin to brown.
- Add garlic and zucchini. Cook an additional 5 minutes until zucchini is just tender.
- Season with pepper, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Top with Parmesan if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.3, Fat 19.2, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 32.4, Sodium 696, Carbohydrate 24.4, Fiber 4, Sugar 5.3, Protein 13.9
More about "sausage potato hash recipes"
SAUSAGE AND POTATOES BREAKFAST HASH - WONKYWONDERFUL
4.5/5 (64)Total Time 30 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 744 per serving
- Brown and crumble sausage in large bottom pot or pan. I use a potato masher to achieve small crumbles. Cook to desired crispness. Remove sausage and set aside. Leave oil in pan.
- Add potatoes to pan and fry over medium/high heat. Add additional oil as needed. Toss and fry until potatoes are browned and tender.
SAUSAGE POTATO HASH WITH HERB DRESSING · CHEF NOT …
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 482 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, then add potatoes, carrots & rosemary and stir well to coat.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and leave to cook on medium heat for 8 minutes - see my notes for suggestions if your pan doesn't have a lid.
- After the 8 minutes is up remove the lid and add sliced sausages, chopped onion and bacon to the same pan and stir well to coat.
- Allow everything to fry on medium heat (not covered) for 8-10 minutes (without moving), turning the hash every 2 minutes with a large spatula, (this will give you good colour and caramelisation).
SAUSAGE POTATO HASH - CALL ME PMC
5/5 (3)Total Time 55 minsCategory Any MealCalories 294 per serving
- Wash and cube potatoes. Soak in water 30 minutes to an hour. Remove from water and drain potatoes.
- Add potatoes to a large pot. Add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well. You do not want much water on the potatoes when you add them to the hot skillet!
- Add 3 Tablespoons canola oil to a cast-iron skillet and heat on medium to medium-low. Add just enough potatoes and sausage to make one layer in the skillet, liberally salt and pepper the mixture. (You will have to cook in batches or use two pans.)
SAUSAGE POTATO HASH - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (78)Calories 593 per servingCategory Breakfast, Brunch
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the cubed potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until they're about half way cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage, bell peppers, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and stir. Reduce the heat, and continue cooking until potatoes are cooked through, another 10 minutes. You can also cover the skillet, this will cook the potatoes a bit faster.
SMOKED SAUSAGE, PEPPER AND POTATO HASH RECIPE - MOM FABULOUS
MAPLE SAUSAGE SWEET POTATO HASH - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
SHEET PAN TURKEY SAUSAGE POTATO AND PEPPER HASH - COOKING CLASSY
30 EASY CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
COUNTRY SAUSAGE AND POTATO SKILLET HASH RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
GUSTO TV - POTATO AND SAUSAGE HASH
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH SAUSAGE AND BELL PEPPERS – WELLPLATED.COM
POTATO & SMOKED SAUSAGE HASH | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
HOMEMADE POTATO SAUSAGE - TASTE OF ARTISAN
SAUSAGE POTATO HASH - MEYER NATURAL
SWEET POTATO AND SAUSAGE HASH - RECIPE DIARIES
POTATO HASH WITH SAUSAGE & FRIED EGG RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SKILLET POTATO HASH WITH ZUCCHINI AND SMOKED SAUSAGES
SAUSAGE, RED PEPPER AND POTATO HASH | TESCO REAL FOOD
POLISH SAUSAGE POTATO HASH RECIPE | CTV NEWS
SAUSAGE AND EGG HASH | EASIER EATS
SMOKED SAUSAGE AND POTATO HASH | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
SAUSAGE AND POTATO BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE - EASY GLUTEN FREE …
SMOKED SAUSAGE HASH - LOVE TO BE IN THE KITCHEN
BEST ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE & POTATO HASH RECIPE
SAUSAGE HASH WITH CABBAGE, POTATOES, AND BEANS
SAUSAGE & SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE | WELLNESS MAMA
EASY SAUSAGE POTATO HASH - TAMARA RAY RECIPES
SAUSAGE POTATO HASH RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUSAGE POTATO HASH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
VEGAN POTATO SAUSAGE HASH - I CAN YOU CAN VEGAN
APPLE POTATO HASH WITH SAUSAGE – FIT MAMA REAL FOOD
EASY SKILLET MEAL: CHEESY SAUSAGE AND POTATO HASH
HEALTHY CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND POTATO BREAKFAST HASH
SAUSAGE & CABBAGE POTATO HASH - STYLISH CRAVINGS
SAUSAGE AND SWEET POTATO HASH - LIVE SIMPLY
SWEET POTATO HASH WITH SAUSAGE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE SAUSAGE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SAUSAGE & POTATO BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE WITH ASPARAGUS & GOAT …
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE HASH - INQUIRINGCHEF.COM
SWEET-POTATO AND SAUSAGE HASH | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Fried Sausage Potato Hash Recipe | Easy One Pan Breakfast Skillet2.9K views-03:41
How To Make Baked Sauerkraut, Sausage, and Potato Hash - Recipe4.4K views-08:24
A Healthy Chicken Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash for Breakfast!142 views-07:10
Spicy Sausage & Potato Hash | How to Make Breakfast Hash | Brunch Recipes2.5K views-08:23
Sausage, Egg and Sweet Potato Hash8 views-08:07
Sweet Potato & Chicken Sausage Breakfast Hash480 views-07:58
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sausage and potatoes breakfast hash recipe?This Sausage and Potatoes Breakfast Hash Recipe is an easy 2 ingredients meal. Ground pork sausage and fried potatoes will keep you full well into your day. Brown and crumble sausage in large bottom pot or pan. I use a potato masher to achieve small crumbles. Cook to desired crispness. Remove sausage and set aside. Leave oil in pan.
How to cook potatoes and egg sausage?Served with fried eggs, it's a hearty, comforting, delicious meal and super simple to make. Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the cubed potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until they're about half way cooked through, stirring occasionally.
How long to cook potatoes and sausage in oven?Add the cubed potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until they're about half way cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sausage, bell peppers, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and stir.
How do you make potato and sausage patties?I use a potato masher to achieve small crumbles. Cook to desired crispness. Remove and set aside. Leave oil in pan. Add potatoes to pan and fry over medium/high heat. Add additional oil as needed. Toss and fry until potatoes are browned and tender. Add sausage back to pan. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning blend. Toss and serve.