SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER
Ask for "dry" scallops at your fish market; they are free of preservatives and release very little liquid while cooking, which is key to getting a good crusty sear.
Provided by Dawn Perry
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and cook until deep golden brown on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Turn scallops and add butter and herbs to pan. Continue cooking, spooning butter over scallops often, until scallops are cooked through and butter is brown and smells nutty, about 3 minutes longer. Add lemon juice. Serve scallops with brown butter pan sauce.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH HERB BUTTER SAUCE
- Heat 12" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat until quite hot.
- Pat scallops dry one more time and put them in the pan in a single, uncrowded layer.
- Season with salt and pepper and let sear undisturbed until one side is browned and crisp, 2-4 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the scallops and sear until the second side is well browned and the scallops are almost firm to the touch, 2-4 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, transfer the scallops to a plate, and set them in a warm spot.
- Let the pan cool for a minutes before you make the sauce.
- When pan has cooled somewhat, return it to medium heat.
- Add a piece of the butter and the shallots and saute until shallots begin to soften, about 1 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the herbs and lemon zest.
- Reduce heat to low, add the remaining butter, and whisk constantly until the butter melts into the sauce.
- Return the scallops and any accumulated juices to the pan.
- Gently roll the scallops in the sauce to warm them through.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over the scallops.
BUTTERY SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND HERBS
Simple and very speedy, this dish shows off the sweetness and delicacy of fresh sea scallops, seasoned with only lemon, garlic, herbs and a sprinkle of red-pepper flakes. A little butter gives it a touch of richness, while the grated lemon zest adds brightness and a jolt of acid. You can serve this with a big green salad for a light meal, or over buttered noodles or mashed potatoes for something more substantial.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories quick, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Season scallops lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, preferably nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add 3 tablespoons butter and let melt. Place seasoned scallops in the pan in a single layer without touching. (Do this in batches if necessary, using another tablespoon of butter if needed for the second batch.) Cook without moving until bottoms are golden brown, 3 minutes.
- Flip the scallops and add another tablespoon of butter to the pan. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- If you took any of the scallops out of the pan to cook them in batches, put them back in now. Pour lemon juice on top of all the scallops, sprinkle with the lemon zest, and toss everything gently to combine.
- Transfer scallops to serving plates and sprinkle red-pepper flakes on top. Garnish with chopped soft herbs and lemon wedges, and serve immediately.
SCALLOPS WITH HAZELNUT BROWN BUTTER
- In a large skillet, stirring frequently, cook butter over medium heat until golden brown and most of the foam has subsided, about 4 minutes. Immediately transfer butter to a small bowl. Stir in hazelnuts and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Cover hazelnut butter to keep warm, and set aside. Wipe out pan with a paper towel.
- Season scallops generously with salt and pepper. Place same skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, cook scallops, in two batches (to avoid steaming), until browned and opaque in center, turning over once with a thin-bladed metal spatula, about 2 minutes total.
- Divide arugula among four serving plates; top with scallops. Spoon hazelnut butter over scallops.
PAN-SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH BROWNED BUTTER SAGE
This recipe is absolutely to-die-for. I like to refer to these scallops as tender, sweet morsels of heavenly goodness. The scallops turn out succulent with a savory, seared brown crust on top and bottom and decadent bits of sage crisped in browned butter. This dish is worth savoring every last bite!
Provided by MarthaStewartWanabe
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- With a paper towel, thoroughly dry all sides of scallops.
- Season all sides of scallops evenly with garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Then evenly coat all sides with flour and pat of excess flour.
- In an oven-safe skillet (cast iron preferred), heat olive oil over medium-high heat until glistening.
- Add scallops. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes and turn over when bottom edges change color 1/4 of the way up, and seared side has turned paper bag brown.
- Lower skillet to medium heat. Add butter to pan (being careful not to burn). When butter has melted and begins to foam, baste scallops with it for 1 - 3 minutes. (The butter will become amber in color. If it seems to be any darker than "amber", reduce heat a little.)
- During the last one minute of cooking time, sprinkle fresh sage into butter and allow to crisp. Scallops are done when their sides are evenly white from top to bottom (no longer opaque) or internal temperature reaches 140°F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.7, Fat 20, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 85.1, Sodium 994.4, Carbohydrate 16.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 29
More about "scallops with herbed brown butter recipes"
HERBED BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
Reviews 2Total Time 18 minsCategory Main Course
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and cook until deep golden brown on 1 side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn scallops and add butter and herbs to pan. Continue cooking, spooning butter over scallops often, until scallops are cooked through and butter is brown and smells nutty, about 3 minutes longer.
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 162 per serving
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.1/5 (261)Author Dawn PerryServings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RECIPE: SEARED SCALLOPS WITH HERB-BUTTER PAN SAUCE
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH CORN, BACON, AND AVOCADO …
GARLIC BUTTER HERB SCALLOPS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BROWNED BUTTER LEMON SAUCE - HANDLE THE …
CAST IRON SKILLET RECIPES: 31+ AMAZINGLY TASTY SKILLET RECIPES!
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS - DAMN DELICIOUS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CURRY BROWN BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CAJUN BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS - ULTRA FLAVORFUL SCALLOP RECIPE
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER — THE LOCAL CATCH, INC.™ - THE …
MAKE PERFECT SOUS VIDE SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER EVERY …
HERBED GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH LEMONY FETA DRESSING.
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS - TASTE OF NOVA SCOTIA
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
BROWNED BUTTER ROSEMARY SCALLOPS WITH MASCARPONE POLENTA
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS IN CHARDONNAY BUTTER SAUCE - THE FOOD BLOG
SCALLOPS BAKED IN THE SHELL WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER
BROWN BUTTER SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HERB BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO.
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
QUICK AND EASY SEARED SCALLOPS WITH HERBS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER | RECIPE CART
SEARED SCALLOPS AND HERB BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER | COOKING RECIPES, BROWN …
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH BROWNED BUTTER - TWO CUPS OF HEALTH
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER - SEAFARMERS
SCALLOPS WITH ORANGE BUTTER | RICARDO
SCALLOPS WITH HERBED BROWN BUTTER | RECIPE | SEAFOOD DINNER, …
SCALLOPS BUTTER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH LEMON HERB BUTTER - NORTH COAST …
LEMON BROWNED BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH GARDEN HERB ORZO AND …
RECIPE: SCALLOPS IN HERBED BROWN BUTTER – DAVE THE WINE MERCHANT
BROWNED BUTTER AND SAGE SCALLOPS - AT HOME WITH SHAY
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love