CAROLINA SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS
Shrimp and grits were a house favorite-if only we could agree on how to make them. I stirred up a winner for the whole family with some cheddar and Cajun seasoning. -Charlotte Price, Raleigh, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on high until water is absorbed and grits are tender, 2-1/2-3 hours, stirring every 45 minutes., Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, on high until heated through, 15-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 22g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 788mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
CREAMY CHEDDAR GRITS
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan. Add the salt, then slowly add the grits in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the grits thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half and butter to the grits and stir. The mixture will seem thin but it will thicken as it cooks. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes, until very smooth and creamy. Off the heat, stir in the Cheddar, scallions, and pepper. Season to taste and serve hot with a sprinkle of grated cheese and scallions.
SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS
- Make the grits: Combine 4 cups water, the bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then gradually add the grits, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until tender, about 20 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Stir in the heavy cream, butter and cheese. Remove from the heat; cover to keep warm. If the grits seem too thick, thin with water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Meanwhile, make the shrimp: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallion whites, chopped celery and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and season with salt. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Push the shrimp and vegetables to the edge of the skillet. Add the garlic, thyme and tomato paste to the center and cook, undisturbed, until sizzling, 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water, the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and stir everything together. Bring to a simmer and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through and the sauce is slightly reduced, 3 minutes. Add the butter and swirl the pan until melted. Add the parsley, scallion greens and celery leaves and toss. Season with salt. Add more lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if needed.
- Divide the grits among 4 shallow bowls. Top with the shrimp mixture.
SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in grits and half of the pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile toss the shrimp, scallions, oil, garlic powder, the remaining pepper and the salt in a bowl. Transfer to to a rimmed baking sheet. Broil, stirring once, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve the grits topped with the broiled shrimp and scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.4, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 195.1, Sodium 404.6, Carbohydrate 26.1, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.5, Protein 33
CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add salt and pepper. Stir in grits; reduce heat and let simmer until water is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar cheese and butter.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Heat remaining bacon grease in the skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Add bacon, scallions, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 188.7 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 14.8 g, Sodium 704.8 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
CAROLINA SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in inner pot. Lock pressure lid. Press pressure function; select custom. Press timer; set to 10 minutes. Start. , Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Press saute function; select vegetables setting. Set to medium cook time (10 minutes). Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. If desired, top with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471 calories, Fat 26g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 193mg cholesterol, Sodium 774mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS WITH BACON
- Bring chicken broth and evaporated milk to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits and salt and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer grits until thick, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese until melted. Set grits aside and keep warm.
- Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a bowl. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings from the skillet and cook and stir shrimp, green bell pepper, and onion in bacon drippings until shrimp are bright pink and no longer translucent inside and green pepper is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir bacon into shrimp mixture.
- Spread grits into a serving dish, top with shrimp mixture, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese for garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445.5 calories, Carbohydrate 16.6 g, Cholesterol 248.1 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 38.7 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 1119.5 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
CHIPOTLE SHRIMP WITH CHEDDAR GRITS
This Southern dish gets south-of-the-border flavor from a chipotle chile and a bit of its smoky adobo sauce. Refrigerate leftover chipotles in adobo in a glass jar, up to 2 months.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium pot, cook grits according to package instructions. Stir in cheddar and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium. Add scallions and chipotle and sauce; cook, stirring, until scallions are tender, 4 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt. Top grits with shrimp and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 g, Fat 15 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 9 g
More about "shrimp and cheddar grits recipes"
SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
Cuisine AmericanCalories 540 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
SHRIMP AND CREAMY CHEDDAR GRITS - PAULA DEEN …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SHRIMP WITH CHEDDAR-PARMESAN GRITS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
Servings 4-5Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory Shrimp
CHARLESTON-STYLE SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE - HOW TO COOK SHRIMP AND GRITS IN 30
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE SHRIMP AND GRITS - CHEF SAVVY
KETO SHRIMP AND GRITS - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
SOUTHERN SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SOUTH CAROLINA SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | CAMERON'S SEAFOOD
SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
SHRIMP AND GRITS | RICARDO
10 BEST SHRIMP CHEESE GRITS RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST CAJUN SHRIMP & CHEDDAR CHEESE GRITS EVER
BOURBON GLAZED CAJUN SHRIMP WITH BACON & CHEDDAR GRITS
EASY SHRIMP AND GRITS - ALI IN THE VALLEY
SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE
CAJUN SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE | CHEDDAR CHEESE SHRIMP & GRITS
QUICK SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS - BLUE RIDGE BLONDE
SHRIMP AND WHITE CHEDDAR GRITS - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
SOUTHERN SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS | HOW TO FEED A LOON
CREAMY SHRIMP AND JALAPEñO CHEDDAR GRITS - CHRISTY IRENE
SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS
SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS WITH CHEDDAR GRITS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
CAJUN SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE BY CHRIS GAN - COOKPAD
NOLA'S SHRIMP AND SMOKED CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOUTHERN SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS – MY ROI LIST
10 BEST CREAMY SHRIMP GRITS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SURF AND TURF WHITE CHEDDAR GRITS - DIXIE CHIK COOKS
CREAMY SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
RECIPE: SHRIMP AND BARBECUE CHEDDAR GRITS - EATING WITH ERICA
SHRIMP AND CORN WITH CHEESE GRITS - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS - PETITE SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS - EATSTAYPLAYBEAUFORT.COM
SPICY CAJUN SHRIMP AND CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE - HOME CHEF
SHRIMP & CHEDDAR GRITS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp and grits in a pan?Increase heat to medium-high, stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and chives. Meanwhile, for grits: In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water, broth, butter, and salt to a boil over medium-hight heat.
How to cook Cheddar Grits in the oven?Creamy Cheddar Grits. Ingredients. Directions. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan. Add the salt, then slowly add the grits in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the grits thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes.
What are the best shrimp and cheesy grits with bacon?Buzz Shrimp and Cheesy Grits with Bacon 3 of 29 Shrimp and Cheesy Grits with Bacon Stephanie Wells Shrimp and Cheesy Grits with Bacon 4 of 29 Shrimp and Cheesy Grits with Bacon Lynda Shrimp and Cheesy Grits with Bacon 5 of 29 Shrimp and Cheesy Grits with Bacon Tim Wilson Shrimp and Cheesy Grits with Bacon
Do you add seasoning to shrimp and grits?Good recipe-I didn't add any additional seasoning to the shrimp and for us it was a little bland. I couldn't bring myself to add a whole cup of cheese to the grits either-so overall, if you really want a flavor punch I think the other reviewers that ramped up the shrimp seasoning had it right.