EASY CHICKEN KORMA
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until soft.
- Place onion, yogurt, mango chutney, garlic, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, and into the bowl of a food processor. Process into a smooth sauce; it should be about the consistency of thick cream. Add a bit of water or yogurt to thin it if needed. Spread chicken into prepared baking dish, and pour the onion sauce over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the top, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.8 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 92.7 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 31.5 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 1412.1 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
CHICKEN KORMA II
In this mild Northern Indian dish, chicken is simmered in a creamy fragrant sauce with onion, garlic, ginger and cashews. Serve over basmati or sticky rice. Add more chili or cayenne for more heat.
Provided by Trina
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place cashews in a small bowl, and pour the boiling water over nuts. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes. Place garlic and ginger in food processor and blend until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat. Cook the bay leaves in hot oil for 30 seconds. Stir in onion, and cook until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in garlic/ginger paste, and season with coriander, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and chili powder. Stir in chicken, and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in tomato sauce and chicken broth. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the cashews, along with the water in which they were soaked, and the cream and yogurt into food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir the cashew mixture into the chicken and onions. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cornstarch mixture, and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 95.4 mg, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 527.9 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
Chicken korma is a spiced Indian dish. It's not spicy-hot, but it's very flavorful from ingredients like cloves and ginger. Serve it with rice to soak in all the sauce. -Jemima Madhavan, Lincoln, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain., In a large skillet, saute the onion, cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves in oil until onion is tender. Add the chicken, garlic, curry and ginger; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and potato., Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink, 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat; discard cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves. Stir in sour cream. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 665mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "simple indian chicken korma recipes"
HOMEMADE INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | LIFE MADE …
5/5 (5)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 215 per serving
- Add the cashew halves to a small bowl, and pour the boiling water over the top. Let sit 15-20 minutes to soften the cashews.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and bay leaves to the skillet, and cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened. Add the coriander, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and chili powder to the skillet, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the tomato paste and chicken broth, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Toward the end of the simmer time, add the cashews and water, heavy cream, and yogurt to a food processor or blender. Blend until very smooth.
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
4.9/5 (393)Calories 405 per servingCategory Main
- To a mixing bowl, add chicken, 3 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp red chili powder and 1 tsp garam masala.
BADAMI MURGH KORMA (INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA) RECIPE
Ratings 63Calories 437 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - SOUTH INDIAN RECIPES
CLASSIC CHICKEN KORMA | THE TRADITIONAL CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - INDIAN RESTAURANT CURRY IN 7 STEPS
EASY CHICKEN KORMA - EASY PEASY FOODIE
BEST EVER CHICKEN KURMA FOR POORI (SIMPLE SOUTH INDIAN STYLE …
EASY CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - TASTY QUICK EASY
CHICKEN KURMA RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA CURRY RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
CHICKEN KURMA - TURKEY KORMA | SIMPLE INDIAN RECIPES
BEST CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - INDIAN - CLOVE AND CUMIN
21 CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
NORTH INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA - YOUTUBE
THE BEST AUTHENTIC CHICKEN KORMA - TEA FOR TURMERIC
EASY CHICKEN KORMA - A COMMUNAL TABLE
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - HOW TO COOK IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
EASY INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE|HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN KORMA
SOUTH INDIAN-STYLE CHICKEN KORMA - NDTV FOOD
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE: AN ULTIMATE LIGHT AND EASY-TO-PREP INDIAN …
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE – ALCOFOODS
CHICKEN KORMA - HOW TO MAKE ONE OF UK'S FAVOURITE INDIAN …
A BASIC & EASY CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE THAT YOU MUST TRY OUT TODAY
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA - A HEDGEHOG IN THE KITCHEN
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE INDIAN STYLE CHICKEN KORMA
CHICKEN KORMA (EASY AND AUTHENTIC RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
21 INDIAN CHICKEN RECIPES EASY - SELECTED RECIPES
EASY CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
QUICK CHICKEN KORMA – INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | CHICKEN …
THE EASIEST AUTHENTIC CHICKEN KORMA (A ROYAL RECIPE)
REVIEWS - CHICKEN KORMA
EASY CHICKEN KORMA - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - I KNEAD TO EAT
25 EASY INDIAN CHICKEN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MAKE CHICKEN KORMA [AUTHENTIC INDIAN RECIPE] - THEFOODXP
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA CURRY | HOW TO MAKE …
EASY CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE WITH TIPS, HOW TO MAKE ... - INDIAN RECIPE …
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA - MISSION FOOD ADVENTURE
You'll also love