SIMPLE ROMAINE SALAD
This is a take on a very simple and delicious salad I had at a Greek restaurant in NYC. It's so easy and the end result is super satisfying. Of course you can add your favorite herbs and toppings. But we find the lightly dressed salad is amazing and a great accompaniment to meat. Sprinkle with the salt right before serving; that pop of flavor and crunch is so good. Finishing salt is a must for this salad.
Provided by FrackFamily5 CA->CT
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Chop off the root end of the lettuce and slice leaves into thin ribbons, about 1/8 inch thick, discarding any pieces of the core. Place in a large bowl. Toss gently to separate lettuce ribbons.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and pepper; toss to coat. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and toss gently right before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 86.8 mg, Sugar 1 g
ROMAINE SALAD WITH BREADCRUMBS AND SIMPLE DRESSING
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a bunch of grinds of pepper (about 20 grinds) and cook, stirring constantly, until the crumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes. It's important to stir the whole time to make sure that they do not burn--which will happen if they sit too long in the skillet untouched. Once golden, immediately transfer them to a plate to cool and stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Whisk the yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire, lemon zest and juice, garlic, 3 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and about 20 grinds of black pepper in a small bowl until smooth, creamy and combined.
- And add the romaine to a serving bowl. Sprinkle in 3/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan and the dressing and toss until the lettuce is nicely coated. Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan on top and serve immediately.
- Combine chopped lettuce with torn leaves of mixed fresh herbs. Add some halved grape tomatoes to your salad for color and toss with vinegar and oil, salt and pepper, to your taste.
This super-easy salad comes together in no time. And it's perfect for just about any main dish. Katherine Desrosiers - Trail, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegars, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad mix; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 310mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, and Italian seasoning until combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Add romaine; toss to coat.
ITALIAN ROMAINE SALAD
Looking for a salad to compliment your Italian dinner? Then check out this salad made with romaine lettuce, olives and artichoke tossed with prepared lemon vinaigrette - flavorful crunchy side dish ready in 20 minutes!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Roll each lemon on the countertop with the palm of your hand, using gentle pressure (this will help release the juices). Cut 1 lemon in half; squeeze juice from each half. Use enough lemons until you have 1/4 cup lemon juice. Peel and finely chop the garlic. In a tightly covered jar or container, shake lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove any limp outer leaves from the romaine and discard. Break remaining leaves off the core; rinse with cool water. Shake off excess water and blot to dry, or roll up the leaves in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel to dry. Tear the leaves into bite-size pieces. You will need about 10 cups of romaine pieces.
- Peel the onion; slice onion and separate into rings.
- In a large glass or plastic bowl, place the romaine, onion, olives and artichoke hearts (with liquid). Shake the vinaigrette again to mix ingredients. Pour vinaigrette over the salad ingredients, and toss with 2 large spoons or salad tongs until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the croutons and cheese over the salad. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 410 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 1/2 g
More about "simple romaine salad recipes"
10 BEST SIMPLE ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY ROMAINE SALAD RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
CLASSIC WEDGE SALAD RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE BBQ LEMON, CHEESE | EAT ...
10 BEST ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAROULOSALATA (GREEK ROMAINE SALAD) - FOOD RECIPES
CRISP SALAD | RICARDO
SIMPLE ROMAINE SALAD WITH RADISH AND PARMESAN - EATS BY APRIL
CHOPPED ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE - CUISINE AT HOME
SIMPLE ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ROMAINE SALAD WITH SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE - CLEAN EATING KITCHEN
SIMPLE ROMAINE SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES & FETA - GOOD …
ROMAINE SALAD RECIPES - ROMAINE SALADS & ROMAINE …
CHICKEN BACON RANCH SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY SALAD RECIPES WITH ROMAINE LETTUCE | DEPORECIPE.CO
SIMPLE ROMAINE SALAD - ESSEX GIRL COOKS HEALTHY | LOW ...
ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SIMPLE SALAD RECIPES WITH ROMAINE LETTUCE | DEPORECIPE.CO
ROMAINE SALAD WITH RECIPE
EASY ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRILLED SALMON AND ROMAINE SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
GREEK-STYLE ROMAINE SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
OUR BEST ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
MEGA CRUNCHY ROMAINE SALAD WITH QUINOA - COOKIE AND KATE
ROASTED ROMAINE SALAD - SHEET PAN DINNER - RACHEL COOKS®
ROMAINE FINGER SALAD - CREME DE LA CRUMB
ROMAINE SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEXICAN ROMAINE SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
JORDON'S ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
AMAZING ROMAINE SALAD WITH LIGHT POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
ROMAINE SALAD - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
ROMAINE, ONION AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
ROMAINE SIDE SALAD, LIGHT AND FRESH
ROMAINE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COUSIN'S MARKET IGA - RECIPE: PINEAPPLE ROMAINE SALAD
A SIMPLE SALAD: SHREDDED ROMAINE & DILL • SIMPLE NOURISHED ...
ROMAINE SALAD WITH RAMEN NOODLES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
EASY ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST ...
You'll also love