SNICKERDOODLE CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and 2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition. Alternately add milk and flour mixture in three stages, mixing well with each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over cake.
- Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Cholesterol 16.3 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 99.4 mg, Sugar 18.8 g
This comforting layered cake tastes just like the classic cookie!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line the bottom of each with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk the egg white, milk and vanilla together in another medium bowl. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add about a third of the flour mixture and beat on medium-low until incorporated. Now add a third of the egg-milk mixture and continue to beat on medium-low until incorporated, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed. Repeat with the remaining flour and egg-milk mixtures, finishing with the flour. Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and bake until the cake bounces back when pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in the cake pans on a rack.
- Make the buttercream: Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a saucepan that can hold a heatproof stand mixer's bowl above the water.
- Add the 3/4 cup sugar, cream of tartar, salt and egg whites, to the mixing bowl and whisk together by hand. Set the bowl above the boiling water and whisk until the mixture is warm to the touch and the sugar completely dissolves. Transfer to the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat at medium-high speed until cool and the whites hold stiff peaks, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss in a couple of chunks of butter at a time, making sure the pieces are incorporated before adding more. After all the butter is added, continue whisking on medium-high speed. The mixture will deflate and appear curdled. Continue whisking until the buttercream comes back together to form a smooth and spreadable consistency. Beat in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- To assemble: Slice each cake in half horizontally for a total of 4 cake rounds (set aside one of the bottom pieces for the top layer). Put 1 round on a cake stand or serving platter, and spread about 1 cup of the buttercream on top, all the way to the edge. Sprinkle with some of the cinnamon-sugar. Repeat with 2 more layers of cake, buttercream and cinnamon-sugar. Place the reserved cake round on top (browned-side up). Frost with the remaining buttercream and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar. Let sit for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
A classic vanilla cake with a twist! This recipe was actually a creative mistake. I was trying to make up a decadent chocolate cake, and had already added in the cinnamon, when I discovered that I was out of cocoa powder! I decided to continue to make this recipe and was shocked when it turned out! This recipe is pretty special to me because it was the very first recipe I actually made up myself. The honey in the frosting adds a hint of an interesting sweetness, even though with a teaspoon you can't taste it. For a more obvious honey flavor, add up to 1/3 cup (or to taste) of honey.
Provided by Jessica13
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch cake pans with shortening and dust with about 1 teaspoon flour, shaking to remove excess flour.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add white sugar and beat until incorporated into the creamed butter. Add eggs, 1 at a time, to creamed butter mixture, beating until thoroughly combined before adding the next egg. Stir 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into creamed butter mixture.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Gradually beat 1/3 the flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with the 3/4 cup milk and ending with flour mixture until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Turn cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and honey. Gradually beat enough confectioners' sugar into creamed butter mixture to reach desired consistency, adding 1 tablespoon milk if needed to thin the icing.
- Spread 1/3 the icing over the top of 1 cake using a spatula. Place the second cake over the icing layer and spread remaining icing over entire cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509 calories, Carbohydrate 76.3 g, Cholesterol 106.2 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 577.5 mg, Sugar 56.4 g
APPLE SNICKERDOODLE DUMP CAKE
With an apple farm just down the road, I'm always looking for creative ways to use up those bushels. We love this cozy cake with caramel drizzle and a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream. -Rachel Garcia, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss apples with sugars and fruit juices; spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish., Place cookie mix in a bowl; stir in contents of cinnamon-sugar packet. Sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter. Top with pecans., Bake until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 193mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (48g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SNICKERDOODLE POKE CAKE
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Use wooden dowel or skewer to make holes in cake about 1 inch apart, pressing all the way down to bottom of pan. Pour condensed milk over cake, using spatula to spread it over surface and encourage it down the holes.
- Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 330 mg, Sugar 39 g, TransFat 0 g
JACKIE'S SNICKERDOODLE CAKE WITH CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
This recipe is one from my friend Jackie. It sure sounds good to me! Prep time is approximate and includes the cooling time of the cake, and the time frosting is in the fridge.
Provided by Lindas Busy Kitchen
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Snickerdoodle Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- Place cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
- Mix for 3 minutes scraping sides as needed.
- Divide batter between pans. Place in oven side by side.
- Bake until they are golden brown. About 27-29 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes invert them onto another rack and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. Frost cake.
- Place in refrigerator until the frosting sets, about 20 minutes. Keep refrigerated.
- Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- Add confectionary sugar, 3 T. milk and vanilla. Blend on low until sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add cinnamon. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more.
- Blend in up to 1 tablespoon milk if the frosting seems too stiff.
If you love snickerdoodle cookies then you will love this moist delicious cake. The cinnamon gives this cake a wonderful flavor. This is now our most favorite cake in the house. The smell while it's baking is intoxicating:)
Provided by raaschs63
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease/flour a 9x13 inch pan. In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, milk, melted butter, pudding mix, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend with a hand mixer for 1 minute at low speed. Stop and scrape down all sides of bowl and increase mixer speed to medium for 2 more minutes. Pour batter into 9x13 pan and spread out evenly. Bake at 350º for 32-38 minutes (I always check at 32 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with the following Butter Cream Frosting recipe:.
- BUTTER CREAM FROSTING.
- 8 Tbls. (or 1 stick) butter (slightly softened).
- 3 ¾ cups confectioners` sugar.
- 3-4 Tbls. Milk (I used 4 Tbls.).
- 1 teas. vanilla extract.
- 1 teas. Cinnamon.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat on low/ medium until fluffy. Spread on cooled cake. ENJOY!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.6, Fat 26.5, SaturatedFat 13.6, Cholesterol 107.7, Sodium 543.5, Carbohydrate 87.8, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 73.9, Protein 5.4
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE WITH CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
All the delicious, cinnamony flavors of snickerdoodles are baked into a cake using Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix and whipped cream cheese frosting.
Provided by Stephanie Wise
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal pans (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).Spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; lightly flour. Place sheet of cooking parchment paper on cooling rack; lightly spray paper with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to lined cooling rack. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together Frosting ingredients.
- Place 1 cooled cake layer bottom side up on serving plate. Frost top. Top with second cake layer bottom side down. Frost sides and top of cake. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
More about "snickerdoodle cake recipes"
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 (59)Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 10 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease three 9-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper. Parchment paper helps the cakes seamlessly release from the pans.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Beat in the 3 eggs, 2 egg whites, and vanilla extract on high speed until combined, about 2 minutes. (Mixture will look curdled as a result of the egg liquid and solid butter combining.) Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients. With the mixer still running on low speed, slowly pour in the buttermilk then mix just until combined. You may need to whisk it all by hand to make sure there are no lumps at the bottom of the bowl. The batter will be slightly thick.
- Pour batter evenly into cake pans. If desired, weigh them with a kitchen scale to ensure accuracy. Set aside for a few minutes as you make the cinnamon swirl.
10 BEST SNICKERDOODLE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY SNICKERDOODLE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE MADE WITH A CAKE MIX
SNICKERDOODLE COFFEE CAKE - BUBBAPIE
SNICKERDOODLE MUG CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SNICKERDOODLE POKE CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
SNICKERDOODLE LAYER CAKE | THE BEST THANKSGIVING DESSERT …
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
SNICKERDOODLE BUNDT CAKE - BEYOND FROSTING
SNICKERDOODLE DEPRESSION CAKE 2020 - BIG FAMILY ORGANISED CHAOS
SNICKERDOODLE CRAZY CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
SNICKERDOODLE CRAZY CAKE (NO EGGS, MILK OR BUTTER)
SNICKERDOODLE CUPCAKES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
SNICKERDOODLE SHEET CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SNICKERDOODLE SNACK CAKE RECIPE | BARBARA BAKES
SNICKERDOODLE CRAZY CAKE (NO EGGS, BUTTER OR MILK NEEDED)
EASY SNICKERDOODLE PANCAKE CAKE - DAILY DISH RECIPES
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE - HAPPY HOMESCHOOL NEST
EASY SNICKERDOODLE CUPCAKES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE - STEPHANIE'S SWEET TREATS
SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE CAKE - FRESH APRIL FLOURS
SNICKERDOODLE COFFEE CAKE - INSANELY GOOD
SNICKERDOODLE MUG CAKE - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - KATIEBIRD BAKES
SNICKERDOODLE MUG CAKE ~ THE BEST MUG CAKE! - FIVEHEARTHOME
EASY SNICKERDOODLE CAKE RECIPE | BEYOND FROSTING
SNICKERDOODLE POKE CAKE - AVERIE COOKS
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
BROWN BUTTER SNICKERDOODLE CAKE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE! SAY IT THREE TIMES THEN BAKE
SNICKERDOODLE CUPCAKES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
SNICKERDOODLE CHEESECAKE - I AM BAKER
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE WITH CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE ICING
SNICKERDOODLE POUND CAKE – NAN COOKS THE BOOKS
SNICKERDOODLE CAKE RECIPE - ONE SWEET APPETITE
VANILLA PUDDING SNICKERDOODLE CAKE RECIPE - ON SUTTON PLACE
CINNAMON-SUGAR SNICKERDOODLE CAKE (BUNDT CAKE RECIPE) - AVERIE …
SNICKERDOODLE BUNDT CAKE - RECIPE GIRL
SNICKERDOODLE CHEESECAKE CAKE - RECIPE BOY
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #oven #cakes #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make snickerdoodles?Ready to Make? All the delicious, cinnamony flavors of snickerdoodles are baked into a cake using Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix and whipped cream cheese frosting. Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal pans (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).Spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; lightly flour.
How long does it take to bake a Snickerdoodle cake?This easy snickerdoodle cake is a fluffy cinnamon cake topped with a simple cream cheese frosting! No eggs, no milk, and no butter needed, and ready in just 25 minutes! Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease 3 8-inch cake pans and set aside.
What is a Snickerdoodle cake?This snickerdoodle cake has a soft and buttery center and sweet cinnamon sugar coating. It is the perfect dessert recipe to help with your sweet cravings! This cake.
How do you make Snickerdoodle mug cakes?Snickerdoodle Mug Cake bakes up in the microwave in just one minute, yielding a warm, cinnamon-sugary treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth! In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon until thoroughly, completely combined, with no streaks of any ingredients remaining.