This easy bruschetta recipe from Food Network's Ree Drummond makes a great appetizer or tasty first course for a larger meal.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir, lightly frying for about a minute, removing before the garlic gets too brown (it can be golden). Pour the garlic and oil into a mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the red and yellow tomatoes, balsamic and basil to the bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, and then taste and add more basil if needed, and more salt if needed (don't over salt, though!) Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two if you have the time.
- Cut the baguette into diagonal slices to allow for the most surface area possible. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet and grill half the bread on both sides, making sure they're nice and buttery. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and the other half of the bread.
- To serve, give the tomato mixture a final stir, and then spoon generously over the slices of bread. Serve on a big platter as a first course or appetizer.
I like to get creative in the kitchen, and this is one of the first dishes I threw together without using a recipe. It boats a zesty Mexican flavor everyone is sure to love. -Rebecca Spoolstra, Pilot Point, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, mix avocados, cilantro, chili peppers and salt. Finely grate zest from limes. Cut limes crosswise in half; squeeze juice from limes. Stir lime zest and juice into avocado mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes., Preheat broiler. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Top with avocado mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62 calories, Fat 4g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 100mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
S.O.B. (SOUTH OF THE BORDER) CASSEROLE
Ground meat, tomatoes and corn with a little spice creates a quick meal everyone loves. My husband usually requests a double batch! The ground turkey can be replaced with ground beef, pork or chicken.
Provided by JB Baby
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a small saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until almost tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Crumble the turkey in a large skillet set over medium heat. Cook and stir until evenly brown; drain. Add onion to browned turkey meat and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, gravy mix and chili powder until combined then mix in the corn and macaroni. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a bed of tortilla chips topped with shredded lettuce and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.6 calories, Carbohydrate 34.4 g, Cholesterol 46.8 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 16.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 605.8 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
SOUTH OF THE BORDER SHRIMP AND GRITS
- Combine evaporated milk, grits, chicken broth, and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until incorporated. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and browned, about 3 minutes per side. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and chop when cool enough to handle.
- Add bell peppers to the bacon grease. Add shrimp and taco seasoning. Cook and stir until peppers are heated through and shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chopped bacon.
- Place a dollop of grits in each bowl and top with shrimp mixture and hot sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39.7 g, Cholesterol 147.5 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 866.7 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
SOUTH OF THE BORDER
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. In small mixing bowl beat Cheddar cheese and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add chili peppers, beef and pepper sauce. Beat until combined. On serving platter spread in 10-inch circle.2. Spread salsa over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crackers.*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "south of the border bruschetta recipes"
BASIC BRUSCHETTA | RICARDO
BRUSCHETTA | RECIPETIN EATS
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN BRUSCHETTA - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
SOUTH OF THE BORDER BRUSCHETTA | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
HOW TO MAKE BRUSCHETTA | EASY MAKE AHEAD PARTY FOOD
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BURGERS : RECIPES - COOKING CHANNEL
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | EASY & FRESH!
SOUTH OF THE BORDER BRUSCHETTA - PLAIN.RECIPES
SOUTH OF THE BORDER SANDWICHES - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BRUSCHETTA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
31 BEST BRUSCHETTA RECIPES & IDEAS | RECIPES, DINNERS AND …
HERBED BRUSCHETTA | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BRUSCHETTA | RECIPE | RECIPES, APPETIZER …
AUTHENTIC BRUSCHETTA: A BASIC RECIPE - MEMORIE DI ANGELINA
ACCIDENTAL EPICUREAN: SOUTH OF THE BORDER BRUSCHETTA
SOUTH OF THE BORDER BRUSCHETTA | BECKSTER'S LABORATORY
HOW TO MAKE EASY, UNIQUE BRUSCHETTA RECIPES | READY SET …
BALSAMIC BRUSCHETTA - FAMILY RECIPES, FOOD, FUN CRAFTS
EASIEST BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
7 SOUTH OF THE BORDER IDEAS | SOUTH OF THE BORDER, RECIPES, FOOD
SOUTH OF THE BORDER - STUARTO'S OLIVE OIL
EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE WITH FRESH BASIL AND GARLIC! - CHEF SAVVY
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BRUSCHETTA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SOUTH OF THE BORDER INSPIRATION – WELCOME TO ROSEMARIE'S KITCHEN
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BRUSCHETTA | RECIPE | EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE, …
SOUTH OF THE BORDER RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER PIZZA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
BRUSCHETTA - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SOUTH OF THE BORDER BURGER RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER BRUSCHETTA - PLAIN.RECIPES
TOMATO BASIL BRUSCHETTA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
JULIE AND JULIA CHILD’S SIMPLE TOMATO BASIL BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE BRUSCHETTA - SUGAR SPUN RUN
BRUSCHETTA - DAD'S COOKIN
SOUTH OF THE BORDER AVOCADO TOAST — BLESS THIS MESS
CALIFORNIAN BRUSCHETTA WITH BLUE CHEESE | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Easy Balsamic Bruschetta Recipe for a Fresh Summer Appetizer #shorts9.5K views-00:39
Bruschetta Recipe | Michy's Munchies122 views-03:08
Bruschetta Recipe | ఇటాలియన్ బ్రుషెట్టా రెసిపీ | Quick And Easy Homemade Recipe | Amul Recipes43K views-02:19
This Bruschetta Is Perfect For Any Occasion10K views-04:39
Tyler Florence's Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Bruschetta | Tyler's Ultimate | Food Network10K views-06:44
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make bruschetta?This bruschetta is easy to make with fresh, ripe Roma tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette over top of a French baguette. Bruschetta comes together quickly and easily! Slice a baguette and line it on a baking sheet. Brush the top with olive oil and broil it 2-3 minutes until brown. Remove from the oven.
What kind of baguette do you use for bruschetta?I recommend using a French or Italian baguette for this Bruschetta recipe. You’ll want to slice it (I always slice mine on a slight bias for appearances), drizzle or brush with olive oil, and toast in your oven.
What is bruschetta and what does it taste like?Bruschetta is one of those foods that’s impossible to eat elegantly. When you gorge on a crunchy piece of bread that’s piled high with tomato, dripping with juices and olive oil……well, in my world, the best I can hope for is that I don’t end up with a tomato-mud-slide down the front of my top.
How do you keep bruschetta from going soggy?That’s going to stop your bruschetta from going soggy too quick… Just before serving… Add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil to the tomato mixture and mix well. Now all you have to do is top the baguette slices with the tomatoes and arrange on a serving plate.