SPANISH RICE II
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice, onion, and bell pepper until rice is browned and onions are tender.
- Stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.7 calories, Carbohydrate 45.7 g, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 881.5 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
SOUTH OF THE BORDER RICE AND BEANS
- Preheat broiler, coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- In skillet heat oil.
- Add next 7 ingredients, cook, stirring until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil, stir in rice.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in beans& 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover, let stand 5 minutes, then transfer to baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with hot pepper sauce if desired.
SPANISH RICE II
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and pepper until crisp-tender.
- Add rice; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes until rice becomes opaque.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and decrease heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Let stand off heat for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.1, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 223.8, Carbohydrate 44.4, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 2.7, Protein 4.3
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly golden. Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Tip: It's easy to give a Tex-Mex twist to your favorite dishes. Serve burgers topped with Pepper Jack cheese and salsa, with Mexican rice on the side. Hankering for pizza? Layer ready-to-bake pizza crusts with browned and seasoned beef, sautéed sweet peppers, diced tomatoes and Mexican-blend cheese. It's cook's choice!
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "south of the border essentials spanish rice ii recipes"
SPANISH RICE II - REVIEW BY COOKINGQUEEN - ALLRECIPES.COM
SOUTH OF THE BORDER BEANS AND RICE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
SOUTH OF THE BORDER MEXICAN RICE
SPANISH RICE – TEXAS FARM BUREAU – TABLE TOP
HOW TO MAKE RESTUARANT-STYLE SPANISH RICE - MOM MAKES JOY
SUPER EASY MEXICAN RICE (SPANISH RICE) - CREME DE LA CRUMB
SOUTH OF THE BORDER BEANS & RICE - WOMEN FITNESS
SPANISH RICE - RECIPES WIKI
SOUTH OF THE BORDER RICE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SPANISH RICE II - SPANISH RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
SPANISH RICE II - SPANISH RICE RECIPES
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER ESSENTIALS: SPANISH RICE II
SPANISH RICE II RECIPE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SOUTH OF THE BORDER RICE - RICE - DIABETES.CO.UK
SOUTH OF THE BORDER BEANS AND RICE - RECIPEJUNGLE
COPYCAT ON THE BORDER RICE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MEXICAN RICE: ON THE BORDER RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SOUTH OF THE BORDER RICE RECIPE BY ADMIN | IFOOD.TV
RECIPETHING - SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER MEXICAN RICE
EASY SPANISH RICE RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
SOUTH OF THE BORDER RICE RECIPE - GRAINFOODSFOUNDATION.ORG
SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER ESSENTIALS: AWESOME TACO MEAT | RECIPE
SOUTH OF THE BORDER | COOKING LIGHT
SPANISH RICE II | RECIPES, SPANISH RICE, FOOD DISHES
RESTAURANT STYLE SPANISH RICE | AN EASY RICE RECIPE - MANTITLEMENT
SPANISH RICE - DEEP SOUTH DISH
MICROWAVE SOUTH OF THE BORDER RICE RECIPE - IFOOD.TV
(EBOOK) SOUTH OF THE BORDER VEGAN COOKBOOK RECIPES VEGETARIAN …
SOUTH OF THE BORDER RICE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
900+ SOUTH OF THE BORDER COMIDA IDEAS IN 2022 | MEXICAN FOOD …
SPANISH RICE - THE FOUNTAIN AVENUE KITCHEN
RICE A RONI DISHES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOUTH OF THE BORDER ESSENTIALS SPANISH RICE II RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Spanish rice?This Spanish Rice is super easy to put together, too! First, get out a large skillet with a lid and melt the butter over medium heat. Next, stir in the cumin, chili powder, salt, onion powder, and rice and let this all cook together for 1-2 minutes.
How to cook rice with garlic and peppers?Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and cook (stirring frequently to prevent burning) until translucent and toasted, about 5 minutes. Add onion, green pepper, and chili powder and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
How long does it take to cook on the border rice?This rice is a wonderful side dish when served with sautéed vegetables, grilled chicken, beans, stuffed peppers, or fried eggs. Our copycat recipe from the original On the Border dish takes just 40 minutes and could easily become your new go-to dish on busy weekday nights when white rice or mashed potatoes just aren't enough.
What goes with restaurant style Spanish rice?This Restaurant Style Spanish Rice goes with just about any dinner! Serve this fluffy, tomato flavored rice with steak, chicken, fish and more! This rice recipe comes out perfectly cooked every time! We love serving this rice with Dan’s Famous Whiskey Steak, our favorite Marinated Chicken and this Garlic Butter Shrimp!