BACON EGG STUFFED SWEET POTATO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap sweet potato with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft yet still a little firm, about 45 minutes. Remove foil.
- Slice sweet potato in half and scoop out part of the inside to make a hole for the egg and bacon. Wrap raw slice of bacon around the inside hole of each sweet potato half. Pour egg whites into the holes and place on a small baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg whites start to set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and add egg yolks on top. Bake until the egg white has been fully cooked, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary leaves, and a drizzle of sriracha sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.9 g, Cholesterol 194.1 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 446.1 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
POTATO STUFFED WITH EGG (NAFAQO)
Posted for ZWT7. The recipe I found used yellow food dye, but I thought colouring it with a little turmeric would be more authentic.
Provided by Sara 76
Yield 4 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Boil the potatoes and egg until fully cooked.
- Heat the chicken stock.
- Add the Flour and stir until smooth. Using a whisk will help make it smooth faster.
- Add the turmeric and stir well.
- Once the egg is fully cooked, remove the shell and cut it into 4 pieces.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the skins and mash. Slowly add the rest of the flour. The potatoes should be like a dough. You may not need the full 1/2 cup of flour, it depends on how big the potatoes are.
- Once the potatoes are dough like, pinch some off and flatten.
- Add one piece of egg in the middle and bring the potato around it to fully cover the egg.
- Shape it into a circle or oval.
- Heat a pan of oil on the stove.
- Dip each potato ball into the stock mixture and coat well.
- Drop it into hot oil and fry until crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
More about "potato stuffed with egg nafaqo recipes"
SAUSAGE AND EGG STUFFED POTATOES | RECIPETIN EATS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Cut the lid off the potatoes and scoop out the flesh. If the potatoes are cold, pop them in the oven to warm up while it is preheating. (Note 4)
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a fry pan over high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned, using a wooden spoon to break the sausage up into little pieces (as small as you can).
- Optional step: Brush the outside of the potatoes with melted butter or olive oil - for extra flavour and crispiness.
OVEN BAKED EGG-STUFFED POTATOES - MAGIC SKILLET
5/5 (1)Category ChickenCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Cut top of each potato. Using wooden spoon, gently scoop out insides, leaving a thin layer potato. Reserve scooped potato for another use.
- Brush inside of each potato with melted butter. Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese into each potato,then add fillings (vegetables,ground meat or diced meat etc.) Stuff each potato about 3/4 full.
- Crack one egg into each potato. Season eggs with salt and black pepper. Top with additional shredded cheese.
EGG-STUFFED BREAKFAST POTATOES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 mins
- Prick potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on High for 5 minutes. Turnover and continue cooking on High until tender all the way through, about 4 minutes more. (Alternatively, bake at 350 degrees F until tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour.) When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Chop enough of the potato flesh to equal about 1 cup. (Save the remaining potato for another use or discard.)
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, scallions and the chopped potato. Cook, stirring often, until the pepper softens, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until set, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Fold in cheese.
- Generously stuff each potato half with about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture. Let cool completely, then individually wrap with heavy-duty foil. Refrigerate or store in a cold cooler for up to 1 day.
- Prepare a campfire and let it burn down to the coals. Place the wrapped potato boats 4 to 6 inches above the coals; cook, turning once or twice, until steaming hot and completely heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Open carefully. (Alternatively, unwrap and reheat in the microwave.)
EGG STUFFED BAKED POTATO SKINS | DAILY DISH RECIPES
- Scoop out the insides of the potato leaving enough potato in there to hold the shell and all the ingredients. You want to scoop enough out that it can fill nicely while leaving enough potato to hold up the walls. We saved the scooped out potato and made mashed potatoes that night for dinner.
- Rub olive oil all over the skins of the potato, and the edges where the potato is holding up the skins.
SOMALI RECIPE FOR POTATO STUFFED WITH EGG (NAFAQO) - YOUTUBE
Author somalirecipesViews 30K See details »
EGG-STUFFED POTATOES (NAFAQO) بطاطس محشية بالبيض - YOUTUBE
See details »
EGG STUFFED POTATO SKINS RECIPE | GET CRACKING
See details »
BAKED EGG STUFFED SWEET POTATOES - . RUNNING WITH SPOONS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wash and dry your sweet potatoes, and prick them all over with a fork before placing them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and baking for 1 hour, or until soft and tender. Remove from oven and let stand for about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.*
- Slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving about a half-inch border around the skin intact. Transfer flesh to a bowl and save for future use.
- Crack 1 egg into each sweet potato half. Season with salt, pepper, and shredded cheese (if desired). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, until white has set. If you like your yolks runnier, start watching them at 12 minutes and remove when desired level of doneness is reached.
BACON & EGG STUFFED BAKED POTATOES - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Carefully cut the top portion off of a baked potato. Scoop out the filling, leaving about ¼-inch of potato around the sides. Discard the potato filling or save for another use. Place the potatoes on prepared baking sheet.
- Crack an egg into each shell (If you prefer your eggs scrambled, whisk the egg in a small bowl then dump into the potato shell). Top each egg with shredded cheese, bacon, green onions and salt and pepper.
EGG STUFFED POTATO | MAGIC SKILLET
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Carefully cut off tops of baked potatoes. Using a spoon , scoop the potato flesh out into a bowl, leaving 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) wall intact in each potato.
- Place half tablespoon butter in the bottom on each potato. Top with 1 tablespoon of grated cheddar cheese. Divide the sliced green onion between the potatoes. Add crumbled bacon, reserving some for another layer. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Crack an egg into each potato and add seasoning to taste. Top each potato with reserved bacon and 1/2 tablespoon cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until egg whites are set. Remove baked potatoes from the oven. Sprinkle with sliced green onion and chopped fresh herbs and serve.
STUFFED BAKED POTATOES WITH PESTO & EGGS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes. (Alternatively, bake potatoes at 425 degrees F until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.) Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Holding them with a kitchen towel to protect your hands, make a lengthwise cut to open the potato, but don't cut all the way through. Pinch the ends to expose the flesh.
BACON AND EGG STUFFED POTATOES - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and place in the oven. Cook for 60-90 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes) until cooked throughout.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and very carefully (use a kitchen towel to protect your hand), slice the top off the potatoes, then scoop out most of the potato and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the butter to the potato in the bowl and mash together, then stir in the cheese and half the bacon.
- Spoon the mashed potato back into the potato skins, using a spoon to shape out a well for the eggs. You may not need all of the mashed potato (chef's treat!).
NAFAQO - MY SOMALI FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
EGG & CHEESE STUFFED BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - SAUDER'S EGGS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
AN IDAHO SUNRISE: EGG-STUFFED BAKED POTATOES - OUR BEST BITES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
SCRAMBLED EGG-STUFFED POTATOES WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
MOHAMED ALI PROJECT FEAST GRADUATE, 2019 | PROJECT FEAST
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
SOMALIA: RECIPES (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
See details »
POTATO STUFFED WITH EGG (NAFAQO) RECIPE
See details »
EASY SLOW COOKER MASHED POTATO STUFFED MEATLOAF 5FIX RECIPES
See details »
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
See details »
You'll also love