SPICY CORN ON THE COB
"Being from Louisiana, we like everything hot...even our vegetables," writes Glenda Ardoin from Hessmer. "This is one of our summer favorites."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Fill a large saucepan half full with water; bring to a boil. Add corn; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. , Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat oil and butter over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in the jalapeno, cumin and pepper. Drain corn; brush with butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 72mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
I make this with fresh corn on the cob when I have time to grill it, or a bag of frozen corn. Tastes great sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Provided by TerriB16
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Grill corn to desired doneness, I like mine charred a little. And cut from cob.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and half of basil.
- When onions and pepper are tender, add corn and heat all the way through. mix in remaining basil.
SPICY GRILLED CORN
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, paprika, red pepper flakes
- and salt and pepper to taste. Rub the spiced butter on the corn, coating
- Wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil and place on the
- grill. Cook 20 to 25 minutes, turning several times for even cooking. Carefully
- remove the foil before serving.
HOT AND SPICY CORN
- Cook corn as directed on bags.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients; cook until hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 340 mg
SPICY CORN DIP
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, corn, green onions, jalapeno chile peppers, green chile peppers and cheese. Ready to serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.6 g, Cholesterol 10.4 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 248.5 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
GRILLED SPICY CORN ON THE COB
During a family picnic, we added jalapenos and hot pepper sauce to our homegrown corn. Now we spice up the ears every chance we get. -Bernadette Walker, Waco, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place each ear of corn on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12 in.). Combine butter, thyme, hot pepper sauce and bouillon granules. Brush over corn; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon jalapenos. Seal tightly., Grill, covered, over medium heat until corn is tender, 15-20 minutes. Open carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 13g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 335mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
SPICY CORN PUDDING RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: Kroger® Unsalted Butter, creamed corn, whole kernel corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, kosher salt, ground cumin, chili powder, Kroger® Unsalted Butter, jalapeño, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, honey, small jalapeño
Provided by Kroger
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish with Kroger® Unsalted Butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the creamed corn, kernel corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, ½ teaspoon salt, the cumin, chili powder, and 8 tablespoons melted Kroger® Unsalted Butter until smooth. Fold in the chopped jalapeño.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Remove a small chipotle pepper from the sauce and place in a small blender. Add 1½ tablespoons of adobo sauce, the remaining 2 tablespoons melted Kroger® Unsalted Butter, the honey, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the chipotle sauce over the top of the corn pudding, then use a butter knife to swirl the sauce into the top of the pudding.
- Gently press the sliced jalapeños, if using, onto the surface of the pudding.
- Transfer the pudding to the oven and bake for 80-90 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
SPICY CORN RELISH
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, containing two 8-ounce or four 4-ounce canning jars and their lids to sterilize.
- Place onion, peppers, garlic, coriander and oregano in the bowl of a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped. Scrape mixture into a 2 1/2-quart souffle dish. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap. Cook at 100 percent power in a 650- to 700-watt oven for 5 minutes.
- Leaving dish in oven, prick plastic to release steam and uncover carefully. Cook, uncovered, at 100 percent power for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Divide between sterilized jars and store, tightly covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 142, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 625 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
SPICY CORN CHOWDER
This hearty, dairy-free soup has both sweetness and bite! It can be served immediately or chilled overnight to intensify the flavors. Top with grated Colby or Parmesan cheese if desired.
Provided by jgmurphy
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place the shoepeg corn and fresh corn into a large pot with the wine and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, garlic, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened and the onion has turned translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the pepper mixture into the pot with the corn along with the soy milk, oregano, and chipotle salsa. Return the soup to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/3 cup of cool water, and stir into the simmering soup along with the honey, soy sauce, orange zest, and garlic powder. Simmer another 10 minutes to thicken the soup, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and cracked pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.9 calories, Carbohydrate 47.1 g, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 9.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 420.2 mg, Sugar 19.5 g
SPICY CORN STEW
Given a choice, I always prefer white corn -- the sweetest and most tender you can find. Although new hybrids make corn on the cob much hardier and longer-lasting than it used to be, I am still from the out-of-the-fields-and-into-the-pot school of corn cooking. If you don't grow your own, try to find a farmer's market that sells fresh corn picked that morning.''
Provided by William Norwich
Categories project, appetizer, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Shuck the corn and cut the kernels off the cobs. Reserve the corncobs and kernels separately.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt 2 of the tablespoons of butter. Add the bacon and onion, cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until the onion is softened but not browned.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the garlic and jalapeno and boil until the wine is reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Add the chicken broth and corncobs. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and discard the corncobs and bacon.
- Swirl the remaining tablespoon of butter into the corn. Add the cherry tomatoes, minced cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the sprigs of cilantro. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 338, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 956 milligrams, Sugar 14 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPICY BUTTERED CORN
- Boil a large pan of water. Add some salt and the corn. Boil for 10 mins. Meanwhile, mix the butter with coriander and chilli powder. When ready to serve, drain the corn, then add the butter mixture to the pan so it melts on all sides of the corn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
SPICY SOUTHERN HOT CORN RECIPE BY TASTY
Spice up your plain dinner sides with this southern hot corn recipe. It cooks all in one pan for easy cooking and easier cleanup. You can also pair it with chips and eat It as a dip!
Provided by Nichi Hoskins
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the cream cheese and cook until softened and spreadable, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pickled jalapeños, jalapeño brine, and red and green bell peppers. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Add the corn, paprika, and salt and sauté until fully combined, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup (50 G) of cheddar cheese. Spread the corn in an even layer, then sprinkle the remaining ½ cup (50 G) cheddar cheese on top.
- Turn the broiler on. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 10 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with the Mexican crema and green onions, then serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370 calories, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 12 grams, Sugar 6 grams
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a ten-inch skillet and place it on the middle shelf in the oven.
- Sift the cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk the eggs then stir in milk, red bell pepper, onion, chilipepper, garlic, corn kernels and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix well
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and immediately pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and return to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- The top should be golden brown.
- Can be served warm or cold.
More about "spicy corn recipes"
SPICY SOUTHWEST CORN - SHARED APPETITE
Servings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Remove the husks and silk from corn and cut kernels off the cob. Reserve cobs. Heat butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add corn kernels, ancho chile powder, chile de arbol powder, and a generous pinch of Kosher salt.
- Using the back of your knife (dull side of the blade), scrape up and down the sides of the reserved cobs over the skillet to release some of the corn’s milk into the mixture.
- Let corn cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle crumbled queso fresco on top of the corn and serve.
BEST SPICY CORN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SEASONED …
Reviews 4Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
SPICY CORN CARBONARA RECIPE - PUREWOW
SWEET AND SPICY CORN ON THE COB - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
SPICY GRILLED CORN SALAD | HEAD COUNTRY BAR-B-Q
SPICY CORN CASSEROLE WITH CREAM CHEESE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
SPICY CORN RECIPE | PBS FOOD
SPICY INDIAN CORN - INDIAN CORN THE CURRY GUY
SPICY MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - I HEART VEGETABLES
SPICY CORN ON THE COB - PEPPERSCALE
SPICY CORN TOPPINGS: FOOD NETWORK | RECIPES, DINNERS …
SPICY CORN - KISSED BY SPICE
FRESH CORN SUCCOTASH RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SPICY CORN SKILLET WITH GARLIC AND CHILIS - THE LEMON BOWL®
SPICY SOUTHERN HOT CORN - PEAS AND CRAYONS RECIPES
SPICY SWEET CORN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE SPICY SWEET CORN RECIPE
SPICY CREAMED CORN | READY SET EAT
HOW TO MAKE SPICY CORN RIBS - FOR THE UTTER LOVE OF FOOD
SPICY CORN RIBS WITH MAYONNAISE, PAPRIKA, PARMESAN AND OLD BAY …
SPICY CORN RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY CORN STEW RECIPE - EBERHARD MüLLER | FOOD & WINE
SPICY CORN CHOWDER - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
29 SWEET CORN RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE ALL-YEAR ROUND
SWEET AND SPICY CORN RELISH - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
CREAMED CORN RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
SPICY CORN ON THE COB WITH TAHINI – A COUPLE COOKS
SWEET 'N SPICY CORN RELISH | MCCORMICK
SPICY CORN RELISH - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
MASALA CORN RECIPE | SPICY CORN RECIPE - SHARMIS PASSIONS
SPICY CORN SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPICY CORN PASTA - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
SPICY CORN ON THE COB RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
SPICY CORNBREAD WITH CORN - MYINDIANSTOVE
SPICY CREAMED CORN – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #spicy #corn #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make spicy Mexican corn?Let’s Make Some Spicy Mexican Corn! Start with a large skillet and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Once it has melted add your garlic, lime zest and spices and mix well, reserving the last tablespoon of butter for the end. Then add in your corn and sauté for about a minute or two making sure the corn is heated through.
How to cook corn on the cob with spices?In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add your garlic, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir the spices into the butter and then add your corn. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes or until the corn is cooked through and the spices are well incorporated. Add your last tablespoon of butter and mix until melted.
How do you cook corn on the cob with mayonnaise?(The corn should be warm but don’t overcook the kernels or they’ll become mushy.) In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, feta cheese, and lime juice. Stir in the diced jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, chili powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add in the corn into the cheese mixture and stir until well coated. Add salt to taste, then serve.
How long to cook corn on the cob in the oven?Instructions Cut the corn off of the cobs and set aside. In a cast iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add your garlic, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir into the butter and then add your corn. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes or until the corn is cooked through and the spices are well incorporated.