EASY PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
Wow your friends and family with this classic pineapple upside-down cake. With tasting notes that boast fruity, gooey, caramelly goodness, it's no wonder why this has been a must-make favorite for generations. In our Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake recipe, save yourself some time with a fool-proof shortcut. With a box of Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow Cake Mix, you can have this impressive dessert prepped for the oven in just 15 minutes. With step-by-step directions, Betty's with you every step of the way in this incredible upside-down pineapple cake. Now just bake, flip and enjoy!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices; press gently into brown sugar.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes (44 to 53 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Carbohydrate 57 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1/12 of Cake, Sodium 310 mg, Sugar 41 g, TransFat 0 g
CARAMEL PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Moist butter cake, with a melt in your mouth caramel topping and caramelized pineapples and cherries. One of my favorite cakes of all times!
Provided by TwinGodesses
Yield 1 1/4 sheet cake, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, butter, eggs and pineapple juice. Mix well.Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat melt butter and whisk in brown sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil stirring consistently. Adjust heat to simmer and continue to stir for about 5-7 minuets being careful not to burn mixture. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Carefully pour hot caramel mixture into baking pan over parchment paper. Distribute pineapple rings over caramel sauce. Add cherries.
- Pour cake batter over caramel and fruit.
- Bake for about 45 minuets or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cake is finished baking, allow to sit for 3-5 minuets then remove cake from pan by flipping cake onto wired rack and carefully and slowly, pull back paper from caramel. to continue to cool. Failure to do this will allow the cake to keep baking, which will result to a dry cake.
- Place cake onto desired dish and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
SRI LANKAN CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE-UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
This Sri Lankan version of pineapple upside-down cake is made with caramelized jaggery and star anise. It makes a great treat for afternoon tea. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Provided by Bee
Categories Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter for topping in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add jaggery and bring to a simmer, stirring every so often until jaggery is dissolved. Once it starts to bubble, turn off heat and immediately pour the mixture into a 9-inch round cake pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top of the caramel mixture. Set aside while you prepare the cake.
- Combine almond flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Grind star anise pod with a mortar and pestle and add to the flour mixture.
- Beat butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat until creamed together. Beat in eggs on high speed until combined. Mix in vanilla and lemon zest. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until combined and no lumps remain; do not overmix. Pour batter over the pineapple topping in the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 45 minutes; do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack; let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a cake stand or serving plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.9 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 104.9 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 247.1 mg, Sugar 29.8 g
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the brown sugar, 1/2 stick of the butter and the 1/4 cup pineapple juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves and begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and top with the pineapple rings. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, ginger and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together the remaining 2 sticks butter and the granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla until well incorporated.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated--be careful not to over-mix. Spread the batter over the pineapple rings in the baking dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping: Stir together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla seeds in a small bowl.
- To serve, invert the cake over a platter and cut into portions. Serve with a dollop of the sour cream topping.
More about "sri lankan caramelized pineapple upside down cake recipes"
CARAMEL CRUSTED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - LA …
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 1
- Melt butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. (Or, put the butter in a 9inch round cake pan and put it in the oven for a few minutes as the heat melts the butter.)
- Remove the pan from the oven or stove and sprinkle the brown sugar over the buttery surface. Place the pineapple rings carefully on top of the scattered brown sugar and melted butter, arranging them so they fit in 1 layer.
THE BEST PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - THE DOMESTIC …
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE – EASY & DELICIOUS
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE FROM SCRATCH - KAWALING PINOY
SALTED CARAMEL PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - TASTE THE ISLANDS
CARRIBEAN SPICE AND RUM UPSIDE DOWN PINEAPPLE CAKE
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO MAKE SPEEDY CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE …
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
EASY CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE | A VIDEO RECIPE
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - PREPPY KITCHEN
EASY PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE – QUEST SERENDIPITY
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE | GLUTEN FREE CAKE RECIPE …
EASY PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - PEAR TREE KITCHEN
CLASSIC PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - JESSICA GAVIN
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - THE CAKE CHICA
PERFECT PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CARAMEL AND PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN MINI-CAKE - SO DELICIOUS
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
SRI LANKAN CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE-UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
PINEAPPLE CAKE (ANNASI CAKE) - THE CEYLON CHEF
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPES | MILKMAID SRI LANKA
CARAMELLY PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE (WITH VIDEO) RECIPE
SRI LANKAN CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE-UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
HOW TO MAKE A PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - WIKIHOW.COM
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - IMMACULATE BITES
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - CREATE THE MOST …
BEST PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE 2022 ️
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO MAKE SPEEDY CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Pineapple Upside Down Cake - Episode 256149K views-09:28
Pineapple Upside Down Cake අන්නාසි අප්සයිඩ් ඩවුන් කේක් - Episode 8764K views-09:11
Pineapple Up Side Down Pudding | Mallika Joseph Food Tube21K views-06:23
Sri Lankan Butter Cake | *BEST RECIPE* w/ SECRET TIPS!49K views-05:26
අන්නාසි වලින් රස කේක් එකක් - Chocolate Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe (Sinhala)403 views-05:04
මැන්ගෝ අප්සයිඩ් ඩවුන් කේක් - Mango Upside Down Cake Recipe (Sinhala)1.1K views-03:14
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pineapple upside down cake?To make pineapple upside down cake, start by making a caramel sauce with butter and brown sugar in a small skillet. After you make the sauce, place a layer of pineapple slices in a round cake pan and pour the caramel over them. Then, cream butter and sugar together with a mixer before adding in eggs, pineapple juice, and vanilla.
How to make pineapple and caramel cake?Arrange the pineapple slices over the caramel in a single layer, slicing in half if needed, to fit tray. Add the flour, sugar and raising agents in a mixing bowl and mix together to combine.
How to make pineapple and cherries cake?Arrange the pineapple slices along the bottom of the pan and along the rim. Add cherries to the center of pineapple and in between pineapple slices. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another medium sized mixing bowl with a hand mixer combine the softened butter and sugars and beat until incorporated.
How to make pineapple cake with pineapple wedges?Arrange the pineapple wedges in one even layer over the butter and sugar. In a large bowl, beat the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter, granulated sugar and zest with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat until smooth.