STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Make cake per directions except substitute the 1 1/2 cups of strawberries for the water and add 1 extra egg, (if cake mix calls for 2 eggs add 3), and 8 ounces of the cream cheese at room temperature. Beat well and pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center will not come out clean when this cake is done since it is so moist. Let cake cool fully before frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Heat the heavy cream until just beginning to boil. Pour it over the white chocolate (chopped) and the remaining 4 ounces cream cheese. Mix well and let cool. Once cool fold into the whipped topping. Use to frost cooled cake and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.1 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 31.1 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 198.4 mg, Sugar 23.5 g
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by Foodiewife
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cake: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans, line bottoms with parchment, grease parchment, and flour. Transfer strawberries to bowl, cover, and microwave until strawberries are soft and have released their juice, about 5 minutes. Place in fine-mesh strainer set over small saucepan. Firmly press fruit dry (juice should measure at least 3/4 cup); reserve strawberry solids. Bring juice to boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Whisk milk into juice until combined. Whisk strawberry milk, egg whites, and vanilla in bowl. Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt on low speed until combined. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, and mix until only pea-size pieces remain, about 1 minute. Add half of milk mixture, increase speed to medium-high, and beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to medium-low, add remaining milk mixture, and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Give batter final stir by hand. Scrape equal amounts of batter into prepared pans and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool cakes in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, discarding parchment, and cool completely, about 2 hours. (Cooled cakes can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.) Frosting: Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, mix butter and sugar on low speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, one piece at a time, and beat until incorporated, about 1 minute. Add reserved strawberry solids and salt and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 2 days. Pat strawberries dry with paper towels. When cakes are cooled, spread 3/4 cup frosting over 1 cake round. Press 1 cup strawberries in even layer over frosting and cover with additional 3/4 cup frosting. Top with second cake round and spread remaining frosting evenly over top and sides of cake. Garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve. (Cake can be refrigerated for 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II
About the most decedent, rich cake you could ever want to eat. I came across it years ago, somewhere (I can't locate it again) and put it in my arsenal, and my boys request it EVERY YEAR for their birthdays for 5 years in a row. It's beyond belief!
Provided by dingy_broad
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For crust/bottom - Press in crust, 9x13 pan: graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, chopped pecans (if using).
- For cake - Mix together cake mix, 1 cup boiling water, box strawberry jello, 1/2 cup oil, 4 eggs. Pour into pan over graham crust.
- Filling - Beat 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg. Drop into cake mixture and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Pour one carton thawed frozen sweetened strawberries over baked cake while hot.
- Frosting - Beat 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar together and fold in 8 oz cool whip. Frost after cake has cooled. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 619.8, Fat 33.7, SaturatedFat 15.6, Cholesterol 113, Sodium 467.2, Carbohydrate 74, Fiber 1, Sugar 62.7, Protein 8.2
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE
This gorgeous cake is even more amazing when you slice into it, revealing the rows of perfect strawberries.
Provided by Southern Living Editors
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the Cake Layers: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease, with shortening, and flour 2 (9-inch) round, 2-inch-deep cake pans. Beat the butter with a heavy-duty stand mixer at medium speed until fluffy; gradually add the sugar, beating well. Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Beat the egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold about one-third of the egg whites into batter; fold in remaining egg whites in 2 batches. Spoon batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 28 to 32 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice from stem end of each of 20 to 25 whole strawberries to form a flat base; set strawberries aside.
- Make the Dreamy Whipped Frosting: Gently stir together the mascarpone cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Beat whipping cream and vanilla and almond extracts with an electric mixer at medium speed until foamy; increase speed to medium-high, and slowly add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of the whipped cream mixture into cheese mixture; gently fold in remaining whipped cream mixture in 2 batches.
- Place 1 cooled cake layer on a cake plate or serving platter; spread top with 3/4 cup of the frosting. Working from the outer edge of cake layer toward middle, place strawberries, flat base sides down and pointed tops up, on top of frosted bottom layer.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups frosting into a ziplock plastic freezer bag; snip 1 corner to make a small hole. Pipe frosting between strawberries, filling in spaces completely. Gently spread about 3/4 cup of the frosting on top of berries.
- Place second cake layer on berry layer; spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Garnish with whole and sliced strawberries, if desired.
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in 1 cup mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Fold in the coconut and pecans. Pour cake batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting: Mash the 3/4 cup strawberries to make 1/2 cup, then drain well; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Blend in the confectioners' sugar and drained strawberries. Beat on medium speed until the frosting lightens and is well combined. Fold in the coconut and pecans.
- Frost cake between layers, on top and sides. Chill uncovered 30 minutes or until frosting sets, then cover and chill 4 to 6 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 785.6 calories, Carbohydrate 85 g, Cholesterol 103.7 mg, Fat 48.1 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 16.2 g, Sodium 475.6 mg, Sugar 70.9 g
STRAWBERRY & CREAM DREAM CAKE
- Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of the cake and set aside for now.
- Using a sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1 inch thick.
- Remove cake from center, leaving 1 inch base on bottom of cake; reserve the pieces of cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add condense milk.
- Beat mixture until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and coloring, mixing well.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Reserve two-thirds of the mixture and refrigerate for now.
- Blend in berries and torn cake pieces (except top) into remaining one-third of mixture.
- Fill cake tunnel and replace the top of cake.
- Frost with whipped cream mixture and garnish with strawberries, if you like.
- Chill cake for 3 hours, or until set.
More about "strawberry dream cake ii recipes"
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE RECIPE - TOTS FAMILY
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE RECIPE | SAY MMM
FAMOUS STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE - LIVE LIKE YOU ARE RICH
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE | COOK'S COUNTRY
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE - FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
STRAWBERRY CAKE FOR TWO IN RAMEKINS - DESSERT FOR TWO
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE RECIPE | CALIFORNIA STRAWBERRY …
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II - YUM TASTE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II - SIDE DISH RECIPES
RECIPES ON CAKE CENTRAL
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE | MRFOOD.COM
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE I - YUM TASTE
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II | DESSERTS, CAKE, STRAWBERRY CAKES
STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE AKA THE BEST CAKE IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II | ALLRECIPES | STRAWBERRY, DREAM CAKE, CAKE
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II RECIPE - ALLRECIPES.COM | ALLRECIPES ...
9 BEST STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE RECIPE IDEAS - FOOD NEWS
RECIPES PREP: STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II - ANTIPASTI RECIPES
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II - COOKING-RIGHT.NET
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE, FROM SCRATCH! - A FEAST FOR THE EYES
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE WITH JELLO : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II - STRAWBERRY DESSERT RECIPES
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BEST STRAWBERRY LAYER CAKE RECIPE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
WORLD BEST EUROPEAN COOKING RECIPES : STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE II RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | STRAWBERRY ...
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE | COOK'S COUNTRY - MASTERCOOK
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE - HEZZI-D'S BOOKS AND COOKS
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
STRAWBERRY CAKE II | RECIPESTY
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY CAKE - THE NOVICE CHEF
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE I - STRAWBERRY DESSERT RECIPES
STRAWBERRY DREAM CAKE | KIM SUNéE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a strawberry cream cheese cake?Make cake per directions except substitute the 1 1/2 cups of strawberries for the water and add 1 extra egg, (if cake mix calls for 2 eggs add 3), and 8 ounces of the cream cheese at room temperature. Beat well and pour into the prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
How long does it take to bake a strawberry cake?I did it in a bundt pan (baked for 55 min)split it in half put some of the frosting and sliced strawberries in the middle then frosted. I covered some strawberries in milk chocolate and drizzled the rest over the white frosting --- very impressive.
How do you put Strawberry topping on a cake?Put the cake pan on a cookie sheet (because the mixture will most likely go over the sides of the cake pan). Pour the strawberry mixture on top of the cake. Use a knife or fork to pull the cake from the edge of the pan and allow strawberry topping to sink down the sides of the cake.
How do you Frost a cake with Dream mixture?Then frost the cake with the Dream mixture and run the knife along the edges a few times so the dream mixture can get down into the edges of the cake. If desired you can also take the cake out of the pan and put it on a cookie sheet before frosting it – note that the toppings will get everywhere if you put it on a cookie sheet.