STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and sea salt together in a bowl to distribute well.
- Stir jam and buttermilk together in another bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a separate bowl until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Blend in the eggs, one at a time. Add the flour mixture in 2 parts, alternating with buttermilk and jam mixture in 2 parts. Divide batter between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until centers are slightly firm and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool the cakes in their pans for 30 minutes; remove and let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, bring cream to a simmer over medium-low heat. Place chocolate chips in a bowl; pour hot cream on top. Let sit, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in concentric circles until ganache is smooth. Let cool.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate ganache on cooled cake layers; assemble and frost the top and sides. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671.3 calories, Carbohydrate 89.5 g, Cholesterol 129.6 mg, Fat 34.6 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 21.6 g, Sodium 265.4 mg, Sugar 52.7 g
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE
When I need a cake for a special occasion, this strawberry jam cake is my go-to recipe. Every year I make it for a cake raffle we have at work for Relay for Life. It has raised a lot of money for a very good cause. -Tammy Urbina, Warner Robins, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Grease and flour three 9-in. round baking pans; set aside. , In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the strawberries, sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Transfer batter to prepared pans. , Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22-26 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, strawberries, extract and, if desired, food coloring; beat until smooth. , Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; top with 1/2 cup jam and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 706 calories, Fat 28g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 377mg sodium, Carbohydrate 110g carbohydrate (79g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
GLAZED STRAWBERRY JAM-FILLED COFFEE CAKE
Sneak a layer of strawberry jam into the sour cream coffee cake, sprinkle on the crumb topping and drizzle with an easy glaze.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Put the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add the butter and mix thoroughly with your fingers or a fork until all of the butter has been evenly distributed and incorporated into the flour. Form into small to medium clumps with your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square cake pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour, beating until just incorporated.
- Spoon half of the cake batter (it will be very thick) into the prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Dollop the strawberry jam on top and carefully smooth with the spatula. Spoon the remaining cake batter on top and smooth the top. Sprinkle on the crumb topping.
- Bake until the cake and topping are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in the pan 20 minutes, then invert onto a plate; invert back onto a rack to cool completely.
- When the cake is cool, whisk together the confectioners' sugar and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and let set.
STRAWBERRY JAM COFFEE CAKE
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well. Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla; add to the cream cheese mixture. Beat well.
- Combine the flour and next 3 ingredients; add to the cream cheese mixture, mixing at low speed until blended.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan. Combine the strawberry preserves and lemon juice; spread over the batter in the pan. Dollop the remaining batter over the strawberry mixture.
- Combine the pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.1, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 58.3, Sodium 231.5, Carbohydrate 51.5, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 30.9, Protein 4.1
STRAWBERRY JAM GLAZE
This makes enough strawberry glaze for one full recipe of gem cakes; you can halve the recipe if you'd like an assortment of flavors.
Provided by Joy Cho
Yield Makes 1-1½ cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- While the cakes cool, whisk powdered sugar, milk, jam, and a few pinches salt in a medium bowl until smooth. The consistency should be viscous but not overly thick; adjust with more powdered sugar or milk as needed.
OLD-FASHIONED STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE
This was my husband's great-grandmother's old-fashioned strawberry cake recipe. We enjoy eating it at Christmas. Make sure the humidity is low when making the filling. This makes a lot of filling. If I have extra filling, I drop it on waxed paper and we eat it like divinity.
Provided by UCMOM
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch cake pans.
- Mix sugar, pecans, strawberry jam, butter, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Mix baking soda into buttermilk; add to the batter. Add flour a little at a time, mixing well, until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- While cakes cool, beat sugar and butter for filling together in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add heavy cream, raisins, and pecans. Transfer to a pot and bring to a boil. Do not stir once syrup begins to boil. Heat to 240 degrees F (115 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water and placed on a flat surface.
- Spread between and over the top of the cooled cake layers, letting excess drip down the sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 998.9 calories, Carbohydrate 131.7 g, Cholesterol 150.3 mg, Fat 52.1 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 9.3 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, Sodium 210.8 mg, Sugar 99.2 g
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE
- Cream together the butter,sugar and eggs.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add to mixture,and stir until smooth.
- Add coffee,buttermilk and jam and mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
INDIVIDUAL STRAWBERRY-JAM CAKES
Travel back to spring with these strawberry-filled individual cakes. The batter is poured into a six-cup muffin tin and baked, then glazed with a simple confectioners' sugar icing.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 6
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a standard 6-cup muffin tin; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and zest until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time until creamy; set aside. Into a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture and milk in alternating batches to butter mixture; set aside.
- In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks; fold into batter. Divide half of batter among muffin cups. Make an indentation in the middle of each; fill with 1 tablespoon jam. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in top cake layer comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Unmold cakes, and transfer them to a wire rack to cool. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar and juice. Place rack over parchment paper; drizzle cakes with glaze.
BUTTERMILK-STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE
This pretty cake was inspired by a jar of brown sugar-strawberry jam from Blackberry Farm (see Sources, page 377), a wonderful inn in the Tennessee mountains, and my grandmother's old jam cake recipe. The combination of sweet fruit preserves, soft cream, and tender yellow cake makes me think of it as one part strawberry shortcake and two parts English trifle, in sliceable form. When we make it at Foster's, we leave the sides unfrosted because it looks so homey when the frosting oozes from between the layers and down the sides of the cake. Note that the Buttermilk Crème Fraîche must be made at least two days ahead; if necessary, you can always substitute sour cream or store-bought crème fraîche.
Yield makes one 8- or 9-inch 3-layer cake / serves 10 to 12
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour three 8- or 9-inch cake pans. Have all the ingredients at room temperature before you begin.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes (see Know-how, page 315). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a separate bowl and stir to mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour mixture, stopping to scrape down the bowl several times and stirring just until all is incorporated. Do not overmix. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cakes are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Run a small knife around the edges of the pans before turning the cakes out onto baking racks to cool completely before frosting.
- Do not start the frosting until the cakes are completely cooled. Place the cream in a large bowl and beat to soft peaks with an electric mixer. Add the Buttermilk Crème Fraîche and sugar and continue to whip until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, use a long serrated knife to slice off the rounded top portion of each cake to make a flat, even surface. Discard the trimmings.
- Place one layer, cut side down, on a large plate or cake stand and spread evenly with a third of the jam. Top with a third of the frosting and spread evenly. Repeat with the second and third layers. Arrange the strawberries on top, slice, and serve.
- If not serving within 2 hours, store in the refrigerator; then remove the cake about 1 hour before serving and let come to room temperature.
- Combine the heavy cream, buttermilk, and sour cream in a pint glass jar. Screw the lid on the jar and shake to mix. Let sit in a cool, dark place for 2 days before refrigerating; the mixture will become thick. Crème fraîche will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
More about "strawberry jam cake recipes"
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE RECIPE · NOURISH AND NESTLE
4.6/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 339 per serving
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
STRAWBERRY JAM SPICE CAKE | THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY JAM (THE BEST) | RICARDO
SANDRA LEE'S STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE RECIPE - TODAY.COM
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - BAKERS ROYALE
STRAWBERRY JAM CRUMB CAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
EASY 3-INGREDIENT CAKE ROLL WITH STRAWBERRY JAM
OLD-FASHIONED STRAWBERRY LAYER CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - ALMOST MAKES PERFECT
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES | THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
30 STRAWBERRY SUMMER CAKE RECIPES TO MAKE ASAP
25 DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH STRAWBERRY JAM - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
09 FEB CLASSIC WHITE CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY JAM AND WHITE FROSTING
CRUMBLE CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY JAM - BOSSKITCHEN
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - CATHY'S GLUTEN FREE
STRAWBERRY JAM POUND CAKE - SOUTHERN BITE
OLD-FASHIONED STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED …
STRAWBERRY JAM SHEET CAKE - REAL LIFE DINNER
EASY STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
VEGAN VANILLA CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY JAM - GOOD OLD VEGAN
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
STRAWBERRY CREPE CAKE RECIPE (STRAWBERRY JAM WHIPPED CREAM)
TENNESSEE STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
STRAWBERRY CAKE FILLING RECIPE - SOLSARIN
LEMON STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - IN BLOOM BAKERY
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - WELLNESS BY KAY
10 BEST STRAWBERRY JAM CHEESECAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
STRAWBERRY JAM SHEET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - BRITNEY BREAKS BREAD
STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY VANILLA CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY JAM [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - BUTTER & BAGGAGE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB JAM CAKE VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE
LARGE BATCH STRAWBERRY JAM RECIPE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY JAM CRUMB CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #desserts #fruit #cakes #dietary #berries #strawberries #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a strawberry cake with jam and frosting?For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, strawberries and, if desired, the extract and red food coloring; beat until smooth. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; top with 1/4 cup jam and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer.
How do you make a jam cake?you could obviously also make a white cake from scratch and just add the jam! in a mixer, cream 1 cup of room temperature butter with the remaining cup of jam. cream for about 2 minutes– and then gradually add the confectioners sugar, continue to mix. use less or more sugar depending on the consistency and taste you’re happy with.
How do you make jam with butter and sugar?in a mixer, cream 1 cup of room temperature butter with the remaining cup of jam. cream for about 2 minutes– and then gradually add the confectioners sugar, continue to mix. use less or more sugar depending on the consistency and taste you’re happy with.
Can You microwave strawberry jam?3-Ingredient Microwave Strawberry Jam (And More Flavors!) My recipe for Easy Strawberry Jam turns making delicious jam into a crazy simple process. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details. Hi Bold Bakers! Each Summer, when lovely berries and stone fruit come into season, I love the tradition of making jam!