ROSY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE
This delicious applesauce combines the best of both sweet apples and tangy rhubarb. If you don't have the rhubarb, you can substitute frozen cranberries instead. It is great for freezing, canning, or just eating as soon as it is prepared, warm or cold. Everyone who tries it loves it. It makes great gifts in decorative canning jars!
Provided by Mina Y
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine apples, strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 3.2 mg, Sugar 20.5 g
CHUNKY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE
Our backyard was filled with rhubarb when I was growing up in Illinois, and my mom would always add some to her applesauce. We liked ours tart, but you can adjust the sugar to your taste and depending on the tartness of your apples. This applesauce isn't my only memory of rhubarb...I still remember us kids eating it raw - after we sprinkled it liberally with salt!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place rhubarb, apples and sugar to taste in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer until fruit is tender, about 40 minutes. , Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
This is very versatile: serve it as a side dish with pork or chicken, serve over ice cream for dessert, serve at breakfast over pancakes or oatmeal, or just eat as is. You can puree to give it a traditional appearance, but I like it chunky-style and so don't puree it at all.
Provided by Lennie
Yield 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Apple peel adds colour and fibre to this dish, so I recommend you don't peel the apples; however, you can certainly do so if you wish.
- Core apples and chop into chunks; place in a saucepan along with 1 tbsp cold water.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring often but not continuously, for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and turn heat up; bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down to a simmer and let cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until rhubarb and apples have softened.
- Taste; you may want to add more sugar depending on the tartness of your rhubarb.
- You can puree this in the cuisinart, but I prefer to keep it chunky.
- Refrigerate if not serving right away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 4.3, Carbohydrate 48.4, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 39.8, Protein 1.3
APPLESAUCE WITH STRAWBERRIES
- Peel, core and slice apples 1/4-inch thick. Place apple slices in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until a sauce consistency, about 45 minutes. Use a potato masher, if necessary, to break up any lumps, but leave slightly chunky.
- Peel and core apples then cut into small chunks. In a large saucepan, bring apples, cinnamon stick, and water to a boil and simmer until apples are tender when poked with a fork, about 15 minutes. Add strawberries and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat. Press the mixture through a sieve over a bowl. Taste, and if sugar is needed, add now while the mixture is still warm. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The slightly sweet, slightly tart flavors of fresh rhubarb, strawberries-and a hint of citrus-shine through in every bite of this springtime spin on traditional applesauce.-Samantha Shupe, Ogden, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine apples and water in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rhubarb, strawberries, orange juice, sugar and orange zest., Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
APPLE-STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP
- Mix all the topping ingredients together in medium bowl, mix till crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine all filling ingredients in large bowl and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to 8x8 dish.
- Crumble topping evenly on top.
- Bake till fruit is tender when pierced with fork and top is crisp, 30-35 minutes.
- At 20 minutes, cover with foil if needed to keep top from over-browning.
- Cool 20 minutes, serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.2, Fat 11.5, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 6.7, Carbohydrate 32.5, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 16.4, Protein 4.5
More about "strawberry rhubarb applesauce recipes"
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB APPLE SAUCE - DINING WITH ALICE
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SLUMP: A STRAWBERRY RHUBARB RECIPE - LEARNINGHERBS
RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
STRAWBERRY APPLESAUCE - MARLA MERIDITH
RHUBARB MUFFINS RECIPE USING APPLESAUCE AND WHOLE …
RHUBARB + APPLE SAUCE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE – RECIPES – DAVITA …
5/5 (1)Calories 112 per servingServings 10
CHUNKY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS MAPLE RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE
RHUBARB APPLESAUCE MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEGAN STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFINS - FORKS OVER KNIVES
RHUBARB APPLE AND STRAWBERRY PIE - BAKE THEN EAT
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SAUCE - KISS GLUTEN GOODBYE
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SAUCE - FRESH OR FROZEN FRUIT
RHUBARB APPLESAUCE - MANGIA BEDDA
ROSY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROSY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE - APPLESAUCE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
30 STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH FRUIT
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RHUBARB …
RHUBARB-APPLESAUCE RECIPE FROM FATFREE - FOOD NEWS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB JAM WITH JELLO RECIPE - JUST 3 INGREDIENTS!
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
RHUBARB SAUCE WITH STRAWBERRY JELLO - CHOCOLATE WITH GRACE
APPLESAUCE RECIPES - REDCIPES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFINS - HEALTHIER SNACK, TART AND SWEET
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SAUCE - SHARON PALMER, THE PLANT POWERED …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFINS - GLUTEN-FREE) | FEASTING ON FRUIT
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RHUBARB RECIPE - INSTANT POTLUCK
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB APPLESAUCE RECIPE
RHUBARB SAUCE WITH STRAWBERRY JELLO | RHUBARB RECIPES, RHUBARB …
RHUBARB-APPLE-STRAWBERRY CRISP: A TRIFECTA OF FLAVOURS | CBC NEWS
#lactose #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #healthy #sauces #breakfast #desserts #lunch #condiments-etc #side-dishes #fruit #canadian #easy #potluck #kid-friendly #kosher #low-fat #picnic #spring #summer #vegan #vegetarian #food-processor-blender #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #infant-baby-friendly #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #healthy-2 #sweet-sauces #ontario #free-of-something #low-in-something #berries #strawberries #to-go #equipment #small-appliance #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make applesauce with apples and rhubarb?I added a little water to a large saucepan and tossed in the apples and rhubarb. I like my applesauce on the tart side so I only added a ¼ cup of sugar. If you prefer sweeter applesauce, go ahead and add ½ cup. I let the applesauce simmer on the stove for about 30-4o minutes. Talk about easy!
How to make rhubarb and strawberry dessert dessert?Combine apples, strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. The rhubarb and strawberry dessert is sweet enough and goes great with ice cream.
What to do with Granny Smith apples and rhubarb?I chopped up Granny Smith apples and rhubarb for this recipe. I added a little water to a large saucepan and tossed in the apples and rhubarb. I like my applesauce on the tart side so I only added a ¼ cup of sugar.
What can I do with rhubarb and strawberries?Simmer strawberries and rhubarb together to make a sweet/tart sauce to go over ice cream, cheesecake, or angel food cake and pound cake — or you can layer it with yogurt and granola to make colorful parfaits, as shown. "This was my Grandma Moyer's recipe" says BobbieRocks.