"I love crumbles because it's easy to change up the fruit based on what's in season. rhubarb is very tart, so I combine it with strawberries to mellow out the flavor," says Bobby.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the topping: Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, both sugars and the lemon zest. Add the melted butter and stir until the mixture forms small and large clumps. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Make the filling: Toss the rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a 9-inch square baking dish or 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Cover the fruit thickly and evenly with the topping. Place the dish on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until the topping is golden brown in places and the fruit is bubbling beneath, 40 to 50 minutes. Let the crumble rest at least 15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or Greek yogurt.
RHUBARB CRUMB BARS
Rhubarb and strawberries are a great match. You can substitute half the rhubarb with an equal weight of quartered berries.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cookie Recipes
Yield Makes 16
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter and flour parchment and pan, tapping out excess flour.
- Make streusel: Whisk together butter, brown sugar, and salt. Add flour and mix with a fork until large crumbs form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make cake: In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup flour. In another medium bowl, whisk 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time. With mixer on low, beat in vanilla, then flour mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with rhubarb and top with streusel.
- Bake cake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. Using paper overhang, lift cake from pan. Cut into 16 bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216 g, Fat 11 g, Protein 3 g
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS
If you're looking for a new strawberry and rhubarb recipe, try these delicious crumb bars. The bar cookies have a crumb crust, a juicy rhubarb and strawberry filling, and a crumbly top.
Provided by Bren
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Strawberry Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with butter.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; stir to combine. Mix in oats, white sugar, and brown sugar until well combined, using the back of a spoon to break up any brown sugar clumps. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and stir well until mixture is evenly moistened.
- Press 2 cups of the mixture into the prepared baking dish, pressing down lightly. Set remaining mixture aside.
- Combine strawberries and rhubarb in a bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Mix together 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to strawberry-rhubarb mixture and mix well. Pour fruit filling on top of the crumb layer. Crumble reserved crumb mixture on top of the fruit, spreading evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top has browned and the filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Remove and cool before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.3 calories, Carbohydrate 39.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 70.4 mg, Sugar 21.1 g
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB STREUSEL BARS
Make and share this Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Bars recipe from Food.com.
Provided by grandma2969
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Generously grease a 13x9 pan or coat with nonstick spray.
- For the filling: in a medium heavy nonreactive saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch till well blended. Stir in the rhubarb, jam or preserves, cinnamon and orange zest, is using. Bring to a simmer, stirring over medium high heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-6 minutes or until rhubarb softens just slightly, fresh rhubarb will take longer than thawed frozen. Set aside. For the crumb mixture; In a large bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the butter and stir or knead with your hands till the mixture is well blended and crumbly. Firmly press a scant half of the crumb mixture into the baking dish; set aside the remaining crumb mixture. Bake in the middle of the oven for 13-16 minutes or until firm but not browned. Spread the rhubarb filling evenly over the crumb layer.
- Stir together the reserved crumb mixture and 2 1/2 tbls of the egg mixture until the streusel forms small clumps; add a little more of the egg mixture if needed.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the filling, breaking up any large clumps with a fork or your fingertips.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the streusel is nicely browned and the filling is bubbly.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let stand until completely cooled.
- Using a large sharp knife, cut into 20 bars -- wipe the knife clean between cuts.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. The bars may be frozen for up to 1 month, but will lose their crispness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.6, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 28.9, Sodium 43.5, Carbohydrate 45.6, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 26.1, Protein 2.8
More about "strawberry rhubarb crumb bars recipes"
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.2/5 (6)Total Time 55 minsCategory Dessert, BakingCalories 180 per serving
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB DESSERT BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP BARS RECIPE - THE RECIPE REBEL
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - SOUTHERN LADY …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.5/5 (16)Total Time 3 hrsCategory Desserts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished bars out (makes cutting easier!). Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the cubed butter and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or a food processor, cut in the butter until all the flour is coated and resembles pea-sized crumbles. (See photo above for a visual.) This takes at least 5 minutes of cutting in with a pastry cutter.
- Whisk the egg, milk, and vanilla together in a small bowl. Pour over the flour/butter mixture and gently mix together until the mixture resembles moist crumbly sand. Use your hands if needed– the mixture comes together easier with your hands than with a spoon. See photo above for a visual.
- You will have about 6 cups of the crust/crumble mixture. Set 2 cups aside. Pour the remaining into the prepared pan and flatten down with your hands or a flat spatula to form an even crust. It will be a little crumbly– that’s ok. Set aside. (Oats will be used in the topping in the next step.)
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrServings 9Calories 412 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides. Mist with cooking spray.
- Make crumb mixture: Using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, combine butter, flour, salt, vanilla and 1 cup sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread 1/2 of mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan and press down.
- Make filling: Combine rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Spread evenly over crust in pan. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over fruit. Bake until bubbly and browned, 45 to 55 minutes. Let pan cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using foil overhang, carefully lift bars out, peel back foil and cut into 9 squares. Serve at room temperature.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS (WITH CRUMB TOPPING!)
5/5 (22)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 305 per serving
- For the crumb layer: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 by 9-inch baking dish and line with parchment paper, butter parchment*.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add in oats, brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk to blend, while using fingertips to break up small clumps of brown sugar.
- Whisk vanilla into melted butter then pour melted butter over oat mixture. Stir with a spatula until mixture is evenly moistened.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE BARS ARE A TASTE OF SPRING
STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE RHUBARB BARS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS | TASTE OF …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - THE BAKER CHICK
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CUSTARD DESSERT BEST RECIPES
RHUBARB STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE BARS GLUTEN FREE - THE FRESH COOKY
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN …
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - TABLE FOR TWO® BY JULIE CHIOU
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS (PALEO, VEGAN) - EAT WELL ENJOY LIFE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
KETO STRAWBERRY AND RHUBARB CRUMBLE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS - BOSTON GIRL BAKES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS - DELCIOUS HOMEMADE RECIPE
10 RHUBARB BARS TO MAKE ASAP | ALLRECIPES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS ARE JAM FILLED BARS WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS (WITH CRUMB TOPPING!) | RECIPES.NET
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE SLICE (OR BARS) – GLUTEN FREE
RHUBARB CRUMB BARS WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES - WHITE ON RICE COUPLE
RHUBARB CRUNCH BARS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - A LATTE FOOD
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE BARS | OLIVE & MANGO
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - WOOD & SPOON
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CHEESECAKE BARS | RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - AMANDA'S COOKIN'
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS | KRIS ULLAND
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP BARS – SMITTEN KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - AMIRA'S PANTRY
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love