SHRIMP-STUFFED ARTICHOKE BOTTOMS
What an easy and elegant appetizer! I use small pre-cooked and peeled frozen shrimp to make things really speedy.
Provided by KathyP53
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and arrange artichoke bottoms in a buttered glass pie dish.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Stir in heavy cream and cook over low medium-low heat until sauce thickens. Add sherry and shrimp, then cheese and salt. Cook until cheese melts. Pour this mixture over artichoke bottoms and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.4, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 15.5, Cholesterol 282.9, Sodium 596.5, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 29.2
SHRIMP STUFFED ARTICHOKES
from Best of the Best California Cookbook, 2000, Quail Ridge Press. Editors Gwen McKee and Barbara Mosley chose the over 500 recipes in the book from more than 100 outstanding California cookbooks
Provided by ngibsonn
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Wash and trim artichokes.
- Steam over boiling water in a covered kettle for 30-40 minutes, or until tender when pierced.
- Turn them bottom up, place on paper towels and chill thoroughly.
- Carefully spread the center leaves of each artichoke open enough to expose the thistle-like choke.
- With a spoon, scoop and scrape the choke out, leaving the edible artichoke bottom intact.
- The artichoke should retain its shape with a hole in the center for the filling.
- Toss the shrimp with the parsley, dill or tarragon, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Blend the oil and mayonnaise together, add to the shrimp mixture and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and additional lemon juice if necessary.
- Fill the artichokes with the mixture and serve.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Mix 3 cups breadcrumbs, 3 grated garlic cloves, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 cup each grated parmesan, pecorino, chopped parsley and olive oil in a bowl. Trim 4 large artichokes (see Cook's Note), removing the stems. Separate the leaves; stuff the crumb mixture between each. Stand upright in a steamer basket over simmering water, cover and steam over medium-low heat, adding more water as needed, until tender, about 1 hour, 20 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and some of the cooking liquid.
When I was child, my mother often made these meat loaf-stuffed artichokes. They're a nice change from traditional stuffed peppers. - Jean Castriota, York, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Rinse artichokes well; trim stem. Cut 1 in. off the top. Snip the tip of each leaf with a kitchen shears. Brush cut edges with lemon juice. Spread artichoke open. Using a small knife, carefully cut around center choke. Scoop out and discard the fuzzy center. , In a saucepan, place artichokes in a steam basket over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover; steam for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender. Invert on a paper towel to drain. , In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, ketchup, bread crumbs, basil, parsley and garlic. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Stuff meat mixture into center of artichokes and between leaves. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and water; pour over top. , Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 178mg cholesterol, Sodium 773mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
Our delicious stuffed artichokes are filled with onion, cheese, bread crumbs and herbs and baked to a golden brown perfection.
Provided by By Angie McGowan
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Remove any discolored leaves from artichokes; trim stems even with base. Cutting straight across, cut 1 inch from tops and discard tops. With kitchen scissors, cut tips off leaves. Rinse artichokes with cold water.
- Place steamer basket in 1/2 inch water in large saucepan or Dutch oven (water should not touch bottom of basket). Place artichokes in steamer basket. Squeeze lemon over artichokes and add lemon halves to basket. Cover tightly; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; steam about 30 minutes or until bottoms are tender when pierced with fork. Remove artichokes from basket; cool 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until tender. In small bowl, stir together onion mixture, butter, bread crumbs, cheese, oregano and basil until well blended.
- Remove center leaves and choke from each artichoke. Spoon filling into center of artichoke and a few of the side leaves. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
- Snip the pointed tips of artichoke leaves, and cut off the stems. Wash and drain. Holding artichoke firmly by base, firmly rap the top of it on a hard surface; this will open it so it can be stuffed.
- In a medium bowl combine bread cubes, garlic, parsley, Romano cheese, oregano, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Press about 1/2 cup of stuffing into each artichoke. Tightly pack stuffed artichokes together in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Add enough water to reach half way up artichokes and add 3 tablespoons oil.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, or until leaves pull out easily.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.6 g, Cholesterol 5.2 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 149.4 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
More about "stuffed artichokes with shrimp recipes"
STUFFED ARTICHOKES RECIPE - BEST BAKED STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH
STUFFED ARTICHOKES RECIPE - APPETIZER ADDICTION
ARTICHOKE STUFFED WITH SHRIMP - BIGOVEN.COM
SOUTHERN ITALIAN STUFFED ARTICHOKES RECIPE
BABY SHRIMP STUFFED ARTICHOKES RECIPE
CHEF JOHN SHARES THE SECRET TO STUFFING AND ROASTING ARTICHOKES
STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH SHRIMP
STUFFED ARTICHOKES - EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS - SIP AND FEAST
RECIPE OF ARTICHOKES STUFFED WITH SHRIMPS 2022 EASY RECIPE TOP
CHEESY ITALIAN STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH SHRIMP - JETT'S KITCHEN
SHRIMP SALAD-STUFFED ARTICHOKES - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
SHRIMP-STUFFED ARTICHOKES à LA JULIA CHILD — THREE MANY COOKS
SHRIMP STUFFED ARTICHOKES - THE FRANGLOSAXON COOKS
SHRIMP WITH ARTICHOKES RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SHRIMP & ARTICHOKE STUFFED MUSHROOMS - CELEBRATION GENERATION
10 BEST STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH BREAD CRUMBS RECIPES | YUMMLY
JOHN BESH'S STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH CRABMEAT AND SHRIMP
STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH SHRIMP | EMERILS.COM
RECIPE: ARTICHOKES STUFFED WITH SHRIMP - RECIPELINK.COM
SICILIAN STYLE STUFFED ARTICHOKES - GARLIC GIRL
BABY SHRIMP STUFFED ARTICHOKE BOTTOMS - REESE SPECIALTY FOODS
SHRIMP STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH INDIAN SPICES - SPICEROOTS
BABY SHRIMP STUFFED ARTICHOKES | EMERILS.COM
STUFFED ARTICHOKES RECIPE | KITCHN
STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH THAI SHRIMP SALAD - FOODIECRUSH
RECIPE: ARTICHOKE STUFFED WITH SHRIMP
STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH SHRIMP – RECIPES NETWORK
STUFFED ARTICHOKES TO SERVE AS YOUR NEXT EYE-CATCHING STARTER
SHRIMP-STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH LEMON MAYONNAISE RECIPE - EAT …
SHRIMP & BACON STUFFED ARTICHOKES - KELLAN'S KITCHEN
BAKED ITALIAN STUFFED ARTICHOKES RECIPE WITH SAUSAGE
ARTICHOKE BOTTOMS WITH SHRIMP, LEMON BUTTER, AND HERBED …
ARTICHOKE STUFFED WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BRAISED ARTICHOKES WITH SHRIMP STUFFING – SEA-SUITE KITCHEN
BUTTERY STUFFED ARTICHOKES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
LEMONY SHRIMP STUFFED ARTICHOKE BOTTOMS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook stuffed artichokes?Set the stuffed artichokes in a roasting pan or baking dish and pack their tops with the remaining bread crumb mixture. Tightly cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake the stuffed artichokes for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking the artichokes until the stuffing is golden brown, 10-15 minutes more.
How do you cook artichokes in boiling water?Cut off the top quarter of each artichoke with a sharp knife. Use scissors to trim off the pointy tips of the remaining leaves. Simmer the artichokes in a large pot of lightly salted water, covered, over moderate heat until the bases are tender, 20-30 minutes. Transfer them to paper towels and let them drain upside down until cool.
What is the best way to cook shrimp in a skillet?Stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, and thyme and set aside. Heat the remaining 1/4 cup oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the crabmeat, Sauce Ravigote, and green onions and sauté for 1 minute.