RICE-STUFFED RED PEPPER
Cooking for two is effortless when you have a recipe like this one from Mary Cloninger of Kennewick, Washington. "It's a favorite of mine and my husband's," Mary says. "You can use any color bell pepper you want, but red is so pretty."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut red pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook pepper halves in boiling water for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside., In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper halves. Combine feta cheese and basil; sprinkle over filling., Place in two small baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 473mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RED RICE, CHARD AND FETA
This filling of red rice, greens and feta, seasoned with fresh mint, is hearty and works very nicely with red peppers. Once your rice is cooked and greens are blanched it's easily thrown together.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, easy, lunch, main course, side dish
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut the tops away from the peppers and gently remove the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt generously and add the chard leaves. Blanch 1 minute, until just tender, and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Drain, squeeze out water and chop medium-fine. You should have about 1 cup.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds, and stir in the chard. Stir for about 30 seconds, until coated with oil and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the rice, toss, together, and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a bowl and stir in the mint, feta and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the rice and chard mixture into the peppers and place the peppers upright in a lidded saucepan or skillet. Mix together the water, lemon juice, salt to taste, optional tomato paste and remaining olive oil and add to the pan. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 40 minutes, until the peppers are tender. Remove the lid and allow to cool in the pan. Transfer to plates or a platter, spoon any liquid remaining in the pan over the peppers if desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 288, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 925 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
PEPPERS STUFFED WITH RICE
Peppers stuffed with rice ,onion balsamic vinegar and feta
Provided by Patrickbolt
Yield Serves 1
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1) Cut the top off the pepper and cut off the core saving only the top and discarding the seeds slice the nobbely bits off of the bottom, so it can rest flat.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water meanwhile fry the onion, garlic, and mushrooms with mixed herbs in olive oil until all cooked and season
- Add the drained rice into a large mixing bowl with the rest from the pan along with 3-5 1by 1 cm squares of feta crumbled by hand and a glug of balsamic vinegar (or more)
- Mix it all vigorously
- Stuff into the pepper tightly then add another layer of crumbled feta.
- Add the top of the pepper and drizzle with olive oil
- Place in the oven for 20-25min at 180'c or gasmark5
BAKED STUFFED RED PEPPERS WITH CHERRY TOMATOES, FETA, AND THYME
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in top third. Place bell pepper halves, cut sides up, in a baking dish. Toss together tomatoes, feta, thyme, and basil in a medium bowl; season with black pepper. Fill each pepper with tomato and feta mixture, dividing evenly. Drizzle each with oil.
- Bake stuffed peppers, covered with aluminum foil, until they begin to soften, about 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue to bake until tomatoes begin to burst and cheese turns light brown, 13 to 15 minutes more. Remove stuffed peppers from oven, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91 g, Cholesterol 9 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 123 g
More about "stuffed peppers with red rice chard and feta recipes"
GREEK OVEN-BAKED FETA STUFFED PEPPERS - REAL GREEK RECIPES
4.7/5 (7)Category Appetizer, Side DishCuisine GreekCalories 206 per serving
- In a small mixing bowl add the feta cheese and using a fork, press it to make it crumbled and mushy.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the bowl as well except the onion slices. Mix well with a spoon.
GREEK STUFFED PEPPERS WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPE | COOKIN' CANUCK
4.7/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory EntreesCalories 226 per serving
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, salt and pepper, and cook until the ground beef is browned, crumbling with a wooden spoon.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the olive oil. Stir in the onions and cook until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1 minute.
FETA AND RICE-STUFFED CAPSICUMS - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
4.3/5 Total Time 1 hrCategory MainsCalories 284 per serving
- 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and tomato. Cook for 3 minutes or until tomato is soft. Transfer to a large bowl to cool. Add rice, pine nuts, currants, parsley and feta. Toss until well combined.
- 2 Cut tops off capsicums and set aside. Remove and discard capsicum core and seeds. Sit capsicums on tray and fill with rice mixture. Cover with capsicum tops and spray with oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft. Serve with salad.
BAKED PEPPERS STUFFED WITH RICE AND FETA CHEESE RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (2)Calories 303 per servingServings 4
10 BEST STUFFED PEPPERS WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST STUFFED PEPPERS WITH FETA CHEESE AND RICE …
GREEK STUFFED PEPPERS WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPE - MY GREEK DISH
4.9/5 (622)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory AppetizerTotal Time 40 mins
- In a saucepan with plenty of boiling salted water, add the peppers and leave them for 5 minutes, until softened. Place the peppers on some paper towel to dry and then cut the upper part of the peppers, along with the stalks and seeds (you will need them later).
- Prepare the stuffing. In a food processor, add 2 tbsp’s of olive oil, the garlic and the onion and blend. Add Into a large bowl, along with the chopped parsley, the chopped tomato, the feta cheese, the kefalotyri and mix with with a fork, until the ingredients are combined.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the peppers with the stuffing; spread them in a greased oven tray and use a cooking brush, to coat them with olive oil. Place the stalks back on the peppers, so that the cheese won’t pour out, when melted.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 1/2 hour until the peppers are nicely colored and the cheese starts to melt
ROASTED RED PEPPERS STUFFED WITH KALE & RICE RECIPE ...
4.6/5 (16)Calories 176 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- To prepare peppers: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Halve peppers lengthwise through the stems, leaving them attached. Remove the seeds. Lightly brush the peppers outside and inside with oil; sprinkle the insides with salt and pepper. Place, cut-side down, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake until peppers are just tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Turn cut-side up.
- To prepare filling: Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil in a large wide pan. Stir in kale, cover and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water; squeeze dry. Finely chop.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and chopped bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until onion is golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the kale. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in rice, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons pine nuts and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the filling among the pepper halves. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons pine nuts.
- Add 2 tablespoons water to the baking dish. Cover the peppers with foil and bake until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more. Serve hot.
FIVE WAYS TO FILL A PEPPER - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST STUFFED PEPPERS WITH FETA CHEESE AND RICE RECIPES ...
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RED RICE, CHARD AND FETA ...
ROASTED RED PEPPERS AND MUSHROOMS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
FETA AND RICE STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES BEST RECIPES AND ...
CHICKEN STUFFED RED PEPPERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
RIP 'N ROCK RECIPES: STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RED RICE, CHARD ...
RED RICE RECIPES - NYT COOKING
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RED RICE, CHARD AND FETA - DINING AND ...
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RED RICE, CHARD AND FETA RECIPE ...
FETA AND RICE STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH FETA, PECANS AND CHERRY TOMATOES ...
RICE STUFFED RED PEPPERS RECIPES
FETA STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
EASY STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RICE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook rice and Chard for stuffed peppers?Stir in the rice, toss, together, and remove from the heat. Transfer the rice mixture to a bowl and stir in the mint, feta and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the rice and chard mixture into the peppers and place the peppers upright in a lidded saucepan or skillet.
How do you make stuffed peppers with feta cheese?To make these Feta Stuffed Peppers, first, buy a jar of roasted red peppers and drain them from their brine. Then mix some feta cheese in a bowl, along with garlic, olive oil, and oregano and use a fork to make it crumbled and mushy.
How do you cook peppers and Chard for pesto?Preparation Cut the tops away from the peppers and gently remove the seeds and membranes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt generously and add the chard leaves. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan and add the garlic. Transfer the rice mixture to a bowl and stir in the mint, feta and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
How to cook rice with red pepper and rice?Directions Cut red pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook pepper halves in boiling water for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Place in two small baking dishes coated with cooking spray.