CRANBERRY STUFFED TURKEY BREASTS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- With a sharp knife, butterfly breasts open to lay flat. Place each breast between two sheets of waxed paper, and flatten with a mallet. Spread the prepared stuffing to within 1/4 inch of the edge of each breast. Sprinkle each one with chopped pecans and dried cranberries, reserving some of the cranberries for garnish. Roll up tightly in a jellyroll style, starting with the long end. Tuck in ends, and tie in sections with string, about 4 sections around the middle and one running the length of the roll to secure the ends.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully brown rolls on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven, uncovered. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature is at 170 degrees F (78 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Do not let these get overly dry.
- Allow rolls to set for 15 minutes before removing string, and slicing into 1/2 to 3/4 inch circles. Leave one roll whole, and slice the other for presentation. Stuffing will be spiraled into meat. Present on your prettiest platter on a bed of curly lettuce, and garnish by sprinkling with the remaining 1/2 cup pecan halves and the reserved dried cranberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 34.4 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 857.5 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
STUFFED HASSELBACK TURKEY BREAST
Much easier than a traditional roast turkey, this sliced and stuffed turkey breast takes far less time than a whole bird, and it's perfect for an everyday or holiday dinner for a smaller group.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place bread cubes, poultry seasoning, cooked onions and celery, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour in chicken broth. Toss until thoroughly blended. Let mixture rest for about 15 minutes to allow broth to absorb into the stuffing. Add egg yolk; stir until evenly incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice turkey breast crosswise in 3/4-inch slices down to the bone (do not cut through the bone). Divide stuffing mixture among the spaces between the slices. Transfer turkey breast to prepared baking sheet. Brush with melted butter.
- Roast in preheated oven until richly browned, 60 to 75 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C). Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing sections from bone.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1002.6 calories, Carbohydrate 79.4 g, Cholesterol 281.6 mg, Fat 31.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 93.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.8 g, Sodium 2405.5 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted and foaming, add the onion, celery, and garlic and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the sausage to the pan and immediately begin breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon so it will cook down and crumble. Cook the sausage until it's browned, about 6 minutes, then add the cranberries, sage, rosemary and thyme and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes. Stir in the white wine and use your wooden spoon to scrape up the bottom of the pan for any stuck bits. Let cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add the bread cubes to a large bowl and add the chicken broth, beaten egg, sausage mixture, and chopped parsley and stir all together so all the bread is soft and moistened. Let cool as you prep the turkey.
- Lay the turkey breast skin-side-down on your work surface and season the meat with salt and pepper. Add a layer of the stuffing about 1/2-inch thick across the turkey breast, leaving a 1/2-inch border. The extra stuffing can be placed in an 8-inch-by-8-inch-buttered casserole dish and baked the last 40 minutes of cooking.
- Carefully roll the turkey up into a cylinder. Tie the roll with butcher's twine with about 1-inch between each knot. Trim the strings after tying. Place the turkey seam-side-down on a baking sheet covered with foil and fitted with a baking rack. Drizzle the turkey with olive oil, rub into the skin, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the roll reads 155 degrees F. Remove the turkey from the oven and let rest, loosely tented with foil for 15 minutes. The turkey will rise in temperature as it rests to 165 degrees F. Snip the butcher's twine and slice the roll into 1-inch thick slices, place on a platter, and garnish with fresh rosemary and sage.
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST
- Butterfly turkey: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Use a slicing knife and your fingers to remove skin from breast, reserving skin. Turn the breast over (so the side that had the skin is facing down), and lay it flat on the cutting board. Holding the blade of the knife parallel to the board, about halfway down, slice into the thickest portion of the breast. Cut along the length of the breast, but not all the way through. Unfold so the turkey opens like a book. Remove the tough piece of cartilage. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until the turkey is of uniform thickness (about 1/2 inch). Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff turkey: Spread stuffing evenly (about 3/4 inch thick) over turkey, leaving a 1-inch border. Starting with one short end, roll into a log, completely enclosing the stuffing, and wrap the reserved skin around the breast, over the seam. Season all over with salt and pepper. Roll in a piece of cheesecloth, and secure both ends with kitchen twine. Tie twine around the roast in four evenly spaced intervals, then rub butter evenly all over cloth.
- Roast: Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle registers 155 degrees, 40 to 50 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes (the internal temperature should rise to 165 degrees).
- Slice and serve: Remove cheesecloth and twine, then place turkey on a cutting board and slice crosswise about 3/4 inch thick.
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST
Learn how to make this delicious and impressive turkey main, which is filled with our Sausage and Sour-Cherry Stuffing. It's the perfect recipe to make for Thanksgiving in lieu of the traditional roast turkey.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Use a slicing knife and your fingers to remove skin from breast, reserving skin. Turn the breast over (so the side that had the skin is facing down) and lay it flat on the cutting board. Holding the blade of the knife parallel to the board, about halfway down, slice into the thickest portion of the breast. Cut along the length of the breast, but not all the way through. Unfold so the turkey opens like a book. Remove the tough piece of cartilage. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until the turkey is a uniform thickness (about 1/2 inch). Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread stuffing evenly (about 3/4 inch thick) over turkey, leaving a 1-inch border. Starting with one short end, roll into a log, completely enclosing the stuffing, and wrap the reserved skin around the breast, over the seam. Roll in a piece of cheesecloth and secure both ends with kitchen twine. Tie twine around the roast in four evenly spaced intervals, and rub butter evenly all over cheesecloth.
- Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle registers 155 degrees, 70 to 80 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes (the internal temperature should rise to 165 degrees).
- Remove cheesecloth and twine, then place turkey on a cutting board and slice crosswise about 3/4-inch thick. Serve garnished with oregano.
More about "stuffed turkey breast recipes"
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST (TURKEY BREAST STUFFED WITH …
4.4/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 390 per serving
- On a cutting board, cover turkey breast with plastic wrap and tenderize until about ¼ inch thick. It needs to be thin enough to roll, but thick enough to not be totally pulverized.
ROLLED STUFFED TURKEY BREAST WITH SAUSAGE & HERB …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrsCategory DinnerCalories 1063 per serving
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sausage and continue to cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the sausage is cooked and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, rosemary and thyme and cook for 2 minutes more, using your wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, stuffing cubes, chicken broth, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and sausage mixture. Stir until all the bread is moistened.
- Place the butterflied turkey breast skin-side down on a countertop or work surface and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the turkey breast to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Rub the meat with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spoon about half of the stuffing in an even 1/2-inch layer over the breast, leaving a 1-inch border all around. (Place the extra stuffing in a buttered 8-inch baking dish, and bake during the last 40 minutes of the turkey's cooking time.)
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST ROLL - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
4/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 485 per serving
- To make the filling, chop the mushrooms, garlic and green onions, and add them to a pan together with a bit of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the chopped parsley, then leave to cool. Add the chopped mushrooms, and sit to combine.
STUFFED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - …
5/5 (1)Category Turkey & DuckCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the bread cubes on a large baking sheet and place them in the oven until they are dry and crisp but not browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- While the turkey roasts, make the Cider-Sage Sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
BEST STUFFED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE STUFFED ...
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Dinner, Main Dish, Poultry, RoastedTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, combine garlic, shallot, parsley, rosemary, orange zest, 2 Tbsp olive oil and ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Working with one turkey breast half at a time, remove skin in one piece, being careful not to tear it, and set aside. (See how-to, below.) Butterfly and pound each breast to 1/4-in thick.
ROLLED AND STUFFED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE FROM LANA’S COOKING
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 698 per serving
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main Course
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoon olive oil with a tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, and generous 2-3 pinches of salt and a black pepper. Set aside. To make herb butter, in room temperature butter mix half teaspoon of lemon zest with 2 tablespoon of fresh herbs (I used chopped parsley, oregano and sage). Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Lay butterflied turkey breast on cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap and pound until about 1/2 inch thick. Gently coat breast with marinade. Place in container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (at least 30 minutes)
- To prepare stuffing, heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a saute pan. Add remaining garlic, dried oregano, shallots and cook stirring often until shallots are soft (1-2 minutes). Don't let garlic burn. Add fine chopped kale (almost shredded). Season with pinch of salt and black pepper. Saute until kale is soft. Remove from heat. When kale mixture is cool to touch, mix in small chopped olives, capers, remaining lemon zest, half of chili flakes, grated cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley, a tsp fresh sage, a tsp fresh oregano. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper. Mix and set aside.
- When ready for stuffing, preheat oven at 450 degree Fahrenheit. Rub turkey skin side with 2 tablespoon herb butter. Flip turkey back to skin side down. Rub top with a tablespoon of herb butter. Sprinkle with generous pinch of salt all over and remaining chili flakes. Spoon kale-cheese stuffing on top distributing evenly. Starting from smaller side, roll turkey breast tightly with stuffing to make roullade.
TURKEY BREAST WITH SAUSAGE & APRICOT STUFFING | TURKEY ...
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory Lunch & Dinner RecipesCalories 174 per serving
- Drizzle a little oil into a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion, stirring occasionally, until completely translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until golden, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.Squeeze the sausagemeat from the skins into a large bowl.
- Roughly chop the sage leaves and apricots, and stir into the sausagemeat along with the breadcrumbs and cooled onion mixture.
STEPS TO STUFF AND ROAST A TURKEY BREAST
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
12 TURKEY BREAST RECIPES FOR SMALLER THANKSGIVING AND ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ROLLED STUFFED TURKEY BREAST | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsServings 10
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST - SAVEUR
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH BREADCRUMB STUFFING RECIPE
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST - JAMIE GELLER
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner, Lunch, MainServings 8Total Time 1 hr 36 mins
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (evoo) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST AND STUFFING (THANKSGIVING FOR ...
5/5 (5)Category Entree, MainsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST | PAULA DEEN
Servings 15Total Time 15 mins
STUFFED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD ...
5/5 (32)Steps 6Difficulty EasyTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS ROAST STUFFED TURKEY BREAST — DAYS ...
5/5 (1)Calories 832 per servingServings 4
10 BEST TURKEY BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
STUFFED ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPES / 23 MASTERCHEF ...
10 BEST CHEESE STUFFED TURKEY BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH TRADITIONAL STUFFING
STUFFED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | THANKSGIVING DINNER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook stuffed turkey breast in oven?Preheat oven to 350°F. In large skillet, heat 4 tbsp of the butter and the oil over medium-high heat (refrigerate remaining butter). Place stuffed turkey breast in skillet; turn occasionally to brown all over. Transfer to large plate. In same skillet, cook onion slices for 1 minute, stirring; stir in wine.
How do I stuff a Turkey?Stuff turkey: Spread stuffing evenly (about 3/4 inch thick) over turkey, leaving a 1-inch border. Starting with one short end, roll into a log, completely enclosing the stuffing, and wrap the reserved skin around the breast, over the seam. Season all over with salt and pepper. Roll in a piece of cheesecloth, and secure both ends with kitchen twine.
How to cook a butterflied turkey breast?Instructions 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. 2 Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. 3 In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, stuffing cubes, chicken broth, parsley,... 4 Place the butterflied turkey breast skin-side down on a countertop or work surface... 5 Starting at the long end, roll...
What to serve with stuffed turkey breast for Christmas dinner?For a stress-free Christmas Dinner, serve this Rolled Stuffed Turkey Breast simply with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots and sprouts – plus a jug of gravy and a jar of cranberry sauce (or make your own if you have the time!). Good recipes to try are: What to drink with it …