SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- Pour boiling water over tomatoes for 30 minutes, remove and pat dry.
- Slice and toast bread.
- Rub both sides of each slice with split garlic clove.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow bowl and mix with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place tomato mixture on each slice of bread and top with parmesan cheese.
- Place bread on baking sheet and stick under broiler until cheese bubbles and browns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30.9, Fat 2.8, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 51.6, Carbohydrate 1.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.9, Protein 0.4
BRUSCHETTA WITH WHITE BEANS, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND BASIL
Chef's note: The flavor from cooked dried beans is delicious, but you can also use canned white beans here if you want to make this recipe and you don't have time to cook the beans from scratch. Substitute 1 (15-ounce) can of white cannelloni beans, drained, with a bit of the bean liquid reserved.
Provided by Michael Chiarello : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Rinse the beans well and then put in a 1-quart saucepan. Cover with water to 1-inch over the top of the beans. On medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Immediately take the pot away from the burner, cover and hold for 1 hour. Change the water; add half of the extra-virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove and the bay leaf. Cook beans on low. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until tender. During last 10 minutes, add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in carefully. Remove from heat and hold in the saucepan with the cooking liquid until cool. This may be done 1 to 2 days before serving, and kept refrigerated.
- For the bruschetta topping:
- Preheat a grill or stove-top grill pan.
- Grill the bread on both sides until crispy. Be careful on high heat as bread burns easily.
- While bread is grilling, in a saute pan on medium heat, toast the sliced garlic in the olive oil. When it is light golden, add the chili flakes, cook for 10 seconds and then add the basil leaves. Do this carefully, as the basil may spatter some oil.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the pan. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the bean cooking liquid (or liquid from canned beans) and mix all together. Hold warm. Adjust consistency, as necessary, with the bean liquid, a little at a time.
- When the basil leaves are wilted, remove mixture from the heat. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and chopped parsley. Toss to combine and adjust the seasoning with lemon juice, to taste, and salt and pepper.
- Lightly swipe the remaining garlic clove on 1 side of the bread. Arrange the toasted bruschetta on a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining extra-virgin olive oil. Top each piece with some of the tomato-bean mixture, then evenly divide the ricotta salata over the mixture. Serve warm.
GARLIC-SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- Thinly slice a baguette; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425 degrees F until lightly golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Cut off the top inch of 2 heads of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and roast 1 hour at 400 degrees F. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and mash. Meanwhile, fry sage leaves in olive oil until crisp. Spread softened butter on the toast rounds. Top with the roasted garlic, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, the fried sage and sea salt.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BACON BRUSCHETTA
Take bruschetta beyond the basic. Sun-dried tomatoes and bacon add smoky flavor while Fontina cheese adds a hint of nuttiness.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 400°. Place bread slices in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch.
- Place tomatoes in strainer over small bowl; press tomatoes to drain oil into bowl (2 to 3 tablespoons oil is needed). Brush oil on bread. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp.
- Top bread slices with tomatoes, bacon and cheese. Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Appetizer, Sodium 105 mg
DOUBLE TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.4 calories, Carbohydrate 24.8 g, Cholesterol 12.1 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 9.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 425.6 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA WITH GOAT CHEESE
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice your bread, if you have not done so already; place them on a baking sheet which you have lined with aluminum foil (just in case something falls off and tries to burn).
- Place the bread under the broiler and toast until light golden; remove.
- Turn the bread over, place the bread under the broiler and toast just until the bread firms slightly but not golden yet; remove.
- Brush the lighter side with olive oil (you may decline this if you are using tomatoes packed in oil, but it's your choice).
- On top of that lay out some basil leaves to cover the top of the bread.
- Mince the sun-dried tomatoes and sprinkle on top of the basil; I use regular dried on mine that are still pliant like raisins; if yours are hard you may need to have soaked them in warm water in advance and squeezed dry then mince; but you can do that now, no biggie.
- On top of the tomatoes sprinkle a generous amount of goat cheese and tap down so it doesn't fall off.
- If you like you can add a pinch of sea salt but I didn't.
- Place the bruschettas under the broiler and toast just until the cheese starts to soften and the edges get nice and brown; serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.6, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 7.5, Sodium 207.6, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.2, Protein 4.2
ARTICHOKE AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
My family excepts me to bring these bruschetta to every function. The artichoke sun-dried tomato combination is a tasty alternative to the traditional versions. I've even tossed the mixture with spaghetti for a fun change of pace.-
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Brush baguette slices with oil. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned., Place the artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, and ½ cup cheese in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped., Spread 1 heaping tablespoon on each bread slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until top is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 120mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
MUSHROOM AND SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
Rich flavours of basil, balsamic vinegar and sun dried tomatoes. Top with a poached egg or haloumi for a sophisticated brunch, top with rocket for a perfect starter pre your favourite pasta, or just have as a snack!
Provided by Katie Bates 4
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion until slightly golden.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, chopped sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to the pan (if using dried sun dried tomatoes then soak in boiling water for 10minutes prior to cooking to release the flavour). Cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- Meanwhile lightly grill or toast the bread until golden on both sides and place on a plate to serve.
- Add the spinach and basil to the pan stirring through until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture on top of the bread evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Tip - if you would prefer a sweeter more decorative drizzle then you can make a balsamic glaze. Empty a bottle of balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and bring to the boil, the bring to a simmer continuing to heat until the vinegar sticks to the back of a spoon. Allow to cool, if the consistency is too thick then you can add boiling water and place in the microwave to get the desired consistency.
More about "sun dried tomato bruschetta recipes"
SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - SAVOR THE BEST
5/5 (21)Total Time 15 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 67 per serving
- Place the bread slices on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush with olive oil on each side and transfer to the oven. Toast the slices on each side until lightly golden, about 6 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan.
- In a fine-mesh strainer drain the oil from the tomatoes and spread onto a paper towel-lined plate. With a pad of folded paper towels, blot off as much of the oil as possible. Place the tomatoes on a cutting board and give them a rough chop.
- Spread one tablespoon of the feta cream on each bread slice, add a tablespoon of chopped tomatoes and garnish with oregano. Arrange on a serving plate and enjoy!
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 122 per serving
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place tomatoes in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes. Drain well. Cut tomatoes into very thin slices; set aside.
- Add oil to pan; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and green pepper; saute until tender. Stir in sliced tomato, water, and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Spread tomato mixture evenly over toasted bread slices. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cheese on each slice.
HOMEMADE SUNDRIED TOMATOES BRUSCHETTA - JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
BELLA’S BRUSCHETTA - BELLA SUN LUCI
SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA – PINE & PALM KITCHEN
SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | MUTTI US
SIMPLE BRUSCHETTA WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES RECIPE
QUICK BRUSCHETTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES | TRAFFIC LIGHT COOK
SOLENZI'S 5-STEP SUNDRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - I HEART VEGETABLES
30 COLORFUL RECIPES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES | ALLRECIPES
SUNDRIED TOMATOES AND GARLIC BUTTER BRUSCHETTAS
SUN DRIED TOMATO WRAPS RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKPEA BRUSCHETTA WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES - THE CLEVER MEAL
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA RECIPE | MUTTI
SUN DRIED TOMATO PROSCIUTTO AND GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
BRUSCHETTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND CAPERS | FOODIE ON BOARD
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PROSCIUTTO BRUSCHETTA - HAVOC IN THE KITCHEN
RECIPE - SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - STEPS TO LIFE
STEWED GARLIC AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - BLACKSTONE …
SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA | C IT NUTRITIONALLY - CHELSEY AMER
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND SMOKED MOZZARELLA BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - THIS LITTLE ITALIAN
GODDESS SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - EAT PLANTS 4 LIFE
TWO TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - SKINNYTASTE
SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA | DELALLO
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND RICOTTA BRUSCHETTA - APPETIZER RECIPES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO & BRIE BRUSCHETTA - DELALLO
BRUSCHETTA: MOZZARELLA AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES / RICOTTA WITH …
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BRUSCHETTA WITH PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
FETA SUN-DRIED TOMATOES BRUSCHETTA - HAVOCINTHEKITCHEN.COM
COMMUNITY RECIPE: SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
BRUSCHETTA WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES - CRAFTYBAKING
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND ARUGULA BRUSCHETTA - PAULA DEEN
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
IRRESISTIBLES - SUN-DRIED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA CALORIES, CARBS
SUN DRIED AND ROMA TOMATO BRUSCHETTA - VEGAN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is sun dried tomato bruschetta?Our Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta is just one variation of Italy’s antipasto. This quick and easy treat is perfect while waiting for the backyard BBQ to heat and catching up with the party guests. These crunchy bread toasts are topped with a feta cream mixture and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
How to cook with sun dried tomatoes?Place your chopped roma tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic cloves in a bowl. Give it a quick stir. Add in some oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, and salt.
How do you cook a baguette with artichokes and tomatoes?Brush baguette slices with oil. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Place the artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, and ½ cup cheese in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon on each bread slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
How do you toast Tomatoes in the oven?Place the bread slices on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush with olive oil on each side and transfer to the oven. Toast the slices on each side until lightly golden, about 6 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan. In a fine-mesh strainer drain the oil from the tomatoes and spread onto a paper towel-lined plate.