- Mix together water, sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and peppercorns in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves. Let cool, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids. Chill, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Sodium 0.4 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
- Bring ginger, sugar, and water to a simmer in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then gently simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. Strain through a sieve and reserve ginger for another use (see cooks' note, below), then cool to room temperature.
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP
- Heat the sugar and water in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. When the sugar is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes, stir in the ginger and remove from heat. Let the ginger steep until the syrup is completely cool. Remove the ginger and transfer the syrup to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
FRESH GINGER SYRUP
- Remove the outer peel of the lemon with a vegetable peeler, taking care not to include too much of the bitter white pith. Finely chop the lemon peel and ginger in a food processor.
- Transfer the lemon-ginger mixture to a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
STEM GINGER IN SYRUP
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and blanch ginger for 10 seconds.
- Drain and repeat 2 more times.
- In a medium saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Add blanched ginger and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a container and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.4, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 8.1, Carbohydrate 108.5, Fiber 1, Sugar 100.6, Protein 0.9
CANDIED GINGER AND SYRUP
I found this at cdkitchen.com and it looked so easy I had to try it.. I will never buy candied ginger again.. this was outstanding. And I can't wait to try the syrup in some tea.
Provided by CoolMonday
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Peel ginger and slice into rounds about 1/8 inch thick.
- Mix sugar and water in a large sauce pan and bring to boil.
- When sugar is disolved, add ginger and boil for 45 minutes.
- Ginger should be sweet and tender.
- Drain ginger and reserve liquid.
- Place ginger on rack to dry for 30 minutes.
- Toss with sugar to coat.
- Let dry on wax paper.
- Store in airtight container.
- Boil reserved liquid until reduced to a syrup with consistency between maple syrup and honey. (mine was that way after the 45 minutes with the ginger in it.
- Sugar will crystallize so just add a little water and boil.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Syrup can be used for waffles, icecream, tea, Or whereever you use syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1599.2, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 26.5, Carbohydrate 411.3, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 400.3, Protein 1.2
- Wash the ginger well in hot water. Using a Microplane zester, grate the ginger, carefully reserving the juice and pulp.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring the water and sugar to a gentle boil. Add the ginger and lemon zest, and remove the pan from the heat. Cover the pan and steep for about 45 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP
Add this ginger simple syrup to vodka on the rocks for a delicious cocktail.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 1 1/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add ginger; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, and let steep 30 minutes. Pour syrup through a fine sieve into an airtight container; discard ginger. Refrigerate up to 1 month.
- Place sugar, ginger, and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook about 1 hour, until ginger flavor is quite strong. Let cool; strain before using. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to a week.
- In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the ginger, sugar, lemon zest and hot pepper (if using) and 2 cups water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes. Remove pepper, if using, and continue simmering until syrup is reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Do not reduce too much or syrup will crystallize when cool.
- Remove syrup from heat and allow to cool. Strain it, reserving the ginger for another use (like candied ginger) if desired. Pour syrup into a jar or bottle, and refrigerate for up to a week; flavor will fade after that. (To make a quick ginger ale, put 2 teaspoons in 1/2 cup soda water and stir.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 224, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 5 milligrams, Sugar 51 grams
More about "ginger syrup recipes"
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
Servings 16Total Time 30 minsCategory Dessert
GINGER SYRUP RECIPE - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
4.4/5 (21)Total Time 25 minsCategory DrinksCalories 35 per serving
HOW TO MAKE GINGER SYRUP FOR DRINKS - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (102)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Beverage, IngredientCalories 53 per serving
AUDREY SAUNDER'S GINGER SYRUP RECIPE | PUNCH
SPICY GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP - THE HUMBLE GARNISH
HOMEMADE GINGER ALE SYRUP + GINGER MINT LEMONADE RECIPE ...
GINGER SYRUP | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
10 BEST GINGER SYRUP COCKTAIL RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER SYRUP - CAROLINE'S COOKING
GINGER SYRUP | RICARDO
GINGER SYRUP FOR HOMEMADE GINGER ALE - BLOSSOM TO STEM
SOFT GINGER-MOLASSES COOKIES AND GINGER SYRUP | KING ...
RECIPES USING STEM GINGER IN SYRUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE GINGER SYRUP & GINGER COCKTAIL RECIPES - SUGAR ...
PRESERVED GINGER IN SYRUP - 9KITCHEN - RECIPES, FOOD, DIET ...
GINGER SYRUP RECIPE (FOR COCKTAILS AND MORE) | KITCHN
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP + 6 COCKTAIL IDEAS TO USE IT ...
THE BEST GINGER SYRUP RECIPE - LIFEHACKER
GINGER SYRUP - IMBIBE MAGAZINE
HOMEMADE GINGER SYRUP RECIPE - THAT GIRL COOKS HEALTHY
ZERO WASTE GINGER SYRUP (+ GINGER PULP CRACKERS) - ALPHAFOODIE
GINGER SYRUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HOW TO MAKE AND CAN HOMEMADE GINGER SYRUP THE ...
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP | EASY RECIPE | FORK IN THE KITCHEN
ULTIMATE GINGER SYRUP RECIPE - THRILLIST
GINGER SYRUP RECIPE - GOOD CHEAP EATS
FLAVOR PACKED GINGER SYRUP RECIPE - ATTAINABLE SUSTAINABLE®
GINGER SYRUP RECIPE FOR GINGER ALE & COCKTAILS (W ...
HOW TO MAKE AND USE GINGER SYRUP – HERBAL ACADEMY
GINGER INFUSED SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE
FRESH GINGER SYRUP - DAVID LEBOVITZ
RECIPES - GIFFARD
GINGER SYRUP COCKTAIL RECIPES | PICKETT BROTHERS BEVERAGE
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP (EASY DIY!) – A COUPLE COOKS
HOMEMADE GINGER SYRUP RECIPE - TURNING THE CLOCK BACK
GINGER SYRUP RECIPE | SOCIAL HOUR
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
#time-to-make #preparation #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #1-day-or-more #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make ginger and sugar syrup?In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the ginger, sugar, lemon zest and hot pepper (if using) and 2 cups water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes. Remove pepper, if using, and continue simmering until syrup is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
How long do you boil Ginger for maple syrup?Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes, pour the mixture through a fine sieve to separate the syrup from the ginger. Keep the syrup stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or 3 months in the freezer.
How do you make ginger juice?Thinly slice the ginger. (Not necessary to peel it.) Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add ginger and reduce to a simmer for about 45 minutes. Strain liquid to remove ginger, and measure the liquid yield by weight. Dissolve sugar (* 1:1 ratio by weight, amount will vary based on evaporation) into the ginger concentrate.
How to make ginger lemonade with ginger and sugar?Preparation In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the ginger, sugar, lemon zest and hot pepper (if using) and 2 cups water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes. Remove pepper, if using, and continue simmering until syrup is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.