" SWEET LIFE" SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA
This recipe was submitted by Jessie Grearson, of Falmouth, Maine, in the first-ever National Festival of Breads bread-baking competition, sponsored by King Arthur Flour and Kansas Wheat. She was a finalist in the Time-Saving & Easy Breads category. What a knock your socks off bread! I love the use of savory ingredients with sweet potatoes & the use of King Arthur's Italian-style flour (have to order it from King Arthur). This recipe is a winner in my book! Thank you Ms. Jessie!
Provided by Busters friend
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a medium bowl, stir together warm water, honey & yeast. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add olive oil, rosemary, Italian spice, sweet potatoes, salt, ww flour & Italian-style flour. Stir vigorously for about 2 minutes. Gradually stir in enough ap flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead in enough of the remaining ap flour to make a workable dough. Knead 5 to 8 minutes. Dough will be sticky but workable. Place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover. Let rise 1 1/2 hours in a warm place; alternatively cover dough & refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Allow dough to warm at least 30 minutes before shaping. .
- Line a 18 x 13 1 inch pan with parchment paper & sprinkle with cornmeal. Gently press dough over the cornmeal dusted paper, stretching dough into a 15 x 11 x 1 inch rectangle. Cover dough & let rise 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dimple the dough vigorously with your fingertips, leaving up to 1/2 inch deep indentations. Sprinkle garlic, rosemary, Asiago cheese, black pepper & cayenne pepper over top. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.4, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 148, Carbohydrate 14.8, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 2.2
SWEET ONION FOCACCIA
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch and roll pizza dough to a 12 in circle.
- Place on lightly greased pizza pan, or regular pie plate.
- Allow dough to rise in warm, draft free location 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium frypan, heat oil over medium low heat, stir in onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently 15 minutes or until onions are softened and light golden brown.
- Stir in garlic and sugar and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Place onion mixture on top of dough, sprinkle with rosemary and salt, if using.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until dough is puffed and golden brown.
CARAMELIZED SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA
- Stir the yeast, sugar, and water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Let stand until mixture is foamy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add oil, flour, and 2 teaspoons salt to yeast mixture. Mix on medium-low until dough comes together, 3 to 5 minutes. Raise speed to medium, and knead until dough is very smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to an oiled medium bowl. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously oil a 12-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet. Spread dough into sheet. Flip dough to coat both sides with oil, and stretch dough into corners of sheet. Lightly cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, draft-free place until dough comes to just above rim of sheet (3/4 inch) and is very billowy, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover dough; sprinkle lightly with salt. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, walnuts, and rosemary. Top with caramelized potatoes, overlapping and pushing them into dough in places. Bake 5 minutes. Rotate sheet; bake 15 minutes. Rotate sheet again; bake until edges of crust are golden, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with oil. Let cool slightly before serving.
More about "sweet life sweet potato focaccia recipes"
SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - RECIPES FOOD AND COOKING
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 12Total Time 40 mins
SWEET LIFE SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SWEET POTATO VELOUTé WITH SWEET LIFE MIX | ARDO
FOCACCIA WITH POTATO - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
CARAMELIZED SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA RECIPE
SWEET ONION FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
2009 FINALIST RECIPES - NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF BREADS
CARAMELIZED SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
WORLD BEST DIABETIC FOOD RECIPES : " SWEET LIFE" SWEET POTATO …
SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA BREAD - DASH OF SANITY
" SWEET LIFE" SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA. | FOOD, BRUNCH BREAD, FOCACCIA
POTATO FOCACCIA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, OLIVES & ROSEMARY
SERVED WITH LOVE: SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - BLOGGER
SWEET FOCACCIA WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE - COOK'S HIDEOUT
SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - NEXT ADVANCED MEDICINE
25 HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS SWEET POTATO RECIPES - EAT THIS NOT THAT
RECIPETHING - SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA
FOCACCIA WITH SWEET POTATO AND CILANTRO – EXPLORE DOUGH
SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - THAT'S MY HOME
SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPE
FOCACCIA RECIPE (IT'S INCREDIBLE) | RECIPETIN EATS
SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA BREAD | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOCACCIA BREAD, …
SWEET LIFE SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE IN …
PINK PEPPER & SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA - FLY ME TO THE …
SWEET LIFE SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SWEET POTATO AND LEEK FOCACCIA IS A SIMPLE TO MAKE HOMEMADE …
FOCACCIA RECIPE — RECIPES & BLOGS | LEE & THE SWEET LIFE
SIMPLE SWEET POTATO CAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET LIFE SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TAMAL RAY’S NEW YEAR BASICS: SWEET POTATO & LENTIL ... - THE GUARDIAN
THIS SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA RECIPE IS A SIMPLE FOCACCIA RECIPE THAT …
SWEET TOMATOES - ROASTED POTATO FOCACCIA CALORIES, CARBS
VEGAN SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA – BLOOMING NOLWENN
SWEET ONION FOCACCIA | 12 TOMATOES
SWEET POTATO AND LEEK FOCACCIA - SAVORING ITALY
SWEET FOCACCIA RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
10 BEST SWEET FOCACCIA BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
COD CEVICHE WITH SWEET LIFE MIX AND AVOCADO CREAM | ARDO
SWEET LIFE SWEET POTATO FOCACCIA | SUMMER DESSERT RECIPES, SWEET …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you use a potato for focaccia?Absolutely! Roast the potato as indicated in the recipe until a knife slides into the potato with minimal resistance. Then, either rice the potato or mash it, letting the flesh completely cool before adding it to the focaccia dough. What is the difference between focaccia and bread?
How do you make focaccia with zucchini?To make the rosemary focaccia, sprinkle the dough with rosemary leaves, rock salt and drizzle with olive oil. To make the zucchini & cheese focaccia, top the dough with shredded zucchini, sprinkle with oregano and salt, top with shredded cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until dough is cooked. Serve. Enjoy!
How long do you cook focaccia in the oven?Preheat home oven or wood-fired oven to 425°F (220°C). Top focaccia with any desired toppings. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through this time. If you don't have durum flour, you can use coarsely milled semolina, white flour, or whole wheat flour, in its place. This focaccia can be topped with anything you have on hand!
How to cook sweet potatoes in the oven?Scrub the skins of the potatoes under running water, dry them with a towel, and prick them all over with a fork. Place them in a small roasting pan and roast, flipping them halfway through, until a knife can easily slide into the center of the potato (internal temp of 208-211°F / 98-99°C), about 1 hour. Remove the pan from the oven.