SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CHILI
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked onion, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, corn, chickpeas, tomato paste, and sweet potato in a slow cooker; season with sriracha sauce, chili powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cumin.
- Cover and cook on Low until flavors combine, 8 to 9 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.7 calories, Carbohydrate 44.8 g, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 8.2 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 983.5 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH CRISPY CHICKPEAS
I'm always trying to come up with different side dishes that are healthy, flavorful and not too heavy. The chickpeas really add texture and a pop of flavor.
Provided by Marc Murphy
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the potatoes and shallots between two 10-inch cast-iron skillets. Evenly drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until the potatoes are cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- For the chickpeas: Lay the chickpeas out on a flat surface and dry them as much as you can using paper towels. In a small bowl, stir together the coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Line a large plate with paper towels. Working in two batches, add the chickpeas to the skillet so they are in a single layer and cook, stirring frequently, until golden and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chickpeas to the prepared plate and add the spice mixture. Toss everything together until combined; this helps to bloom the spices while the chickpeas are still warm.
- Garnish the potatoes in the skillets with the chickpeas and finish with the mint.
CHICKPEA SWEET POTATO STEW RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: refined coconut oil, small onion, garlic, ginger, sweet paprika, cumin, dried coriander, cayenne, chickpeas, sweet potato, fire roasted crushed tomato, vegetable broth, fresh spinach
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In large pot or Dutch oven, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until fragrant. Then add the sweet paprika, cumin, coriander, and cayenne and cook for 2 more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 976 calories, Carbohydrate 98 grams, Fat 56 grams, Fiber 15 grams, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 29 grams
SWEET POTATO CHILI
Wish I could take credit for this one, but it was created by a dear friend. This is one of those things that is really good for you and you just can't get enough of! Simple to make, too.
Provided by SandwichQueen
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.1, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 173.8, Carbohydrate 31.2, Fiber 8.7, Sugar 3.5, Protein 9
CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CHILI
I enjoy this comforting chili on its own but it's wonderful spooned over a bed of steamed rice or an extra helping of protein-packed quinoa. -Brynn Rader, Olympia, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the chicken, 2 cans broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is tender., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Set aside., Remove chicken; cool slightly. Strain broth, reserving vegetables; skim fat from broth. Return vegetables and broth to the Dutch oven; add the sweet potatoes, beans, tomatoes and cooked quinoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. , Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones; cut into bite-size pieces. Discard bones. Stir chicken into chili; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 1135mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 11g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA MASALA
I had some leftover bread that has a short shelf-life. So, I guess this spicy recipe goes well with it. Decided to add sweet potato to the original chana masala, as I didn't want that to go to waste, too. And it tasted good!
Provided by purplerose
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Melt ghee with oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute ginger and garlic in the ghee mixture until aromatic and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion; continue to saute until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Mix curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric together in a bowl; add to the skillet and stir. Stir enough water into the skillet to get the mixture to be paste-like; cook to let the flavors intensify for about 30 seconds.
- Stir sweet potato, chickpeas, 1 cup water, and salt into the mixture in the skillet; cook at a simmer until the sweet potato is just tender, about 10 minutes. Thin the mixture with more water if too thick.
- Stir tomatoes into the sweet potato mixture, bring to a boil, and cook until the liquid reduces to a thick gravy, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.6 calories, Carbohydrate 96 g, Cholesterol 10.9 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 16.9 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 1243.9 mg, Sugar 18.6 g
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: large sweet potatoes, medium red onion, chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ground cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, pepper, mixed greens, fresh parsley, fresh cilantro, dried cranberry
Provided by Gwenaelle Le Cochennec
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Cut the sweet potatoes in small cubes and transfer on one half of a non-stick baking sheet.
- Peel and slice the onion and set aside.
- Add the chickpeas to the other half of the baking sheet.
- In a liquid measuring cup with a pour spout, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Pour half of the dressing over the sweet potatoes and chickpeas and mix with your hands until well-coated. Keep the chickpeas and sweet potatoes separated as much as possible.
- Scoot the chickpeas toward the sweet potatoes and add the onions to the baking sheet. Make sure everything is spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender. Use tongs to stir halfway through. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with the roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and onion.
- Add the parsley, cilantro, and remaining dressing and toss to combine.
- Top with dried cranberries, if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 548 calories, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 29 grams, Fiber 13 grams, Protein 12 grams, Sugar 15 grams
More about "sweet potato chickpea chili recipes"
CHICKPEA CHILI WITH BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE
3.9/5 (64)Category EntréesAuthor Ella MillsVideo Duration 3 min
- Pierce the sweet potatoes all over; making small cuts to ensure the air can escape as they bake. Pour a little olive oil into your hands and rub the sweet potatoes all over so they have a thin coasting. Place them on the baking sheet and sprinkle them evenly on all sides with sea salt. Pop them in the oven and bake for 1 hour, or until tender inside.
CHICKPEA CHILI WITH ROASTED SWEET POTATO | ELLE REPUBLIC
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine CurryTotal Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven 450°F/220°C and place the rack in the upper third. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil until coated, season with salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring halfway through, until golden and cooked through, about 20-25 minutes, depending on size of pieces. Remove from oven and set aside.NOTE: Once the sweet potatoes have been in the oven for about 10 minutes, start preparing the rest of the dish.
- Using a large saucepan or deep skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and slowly sauté until transparent, about 10 minutes.
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CHILI - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
4.8/5 (8)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Add onion, sweet potato, and red pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened. Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, chickpeas, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for 40 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and chili has thickened.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, green onions, chips, and any other desired toppings. Serve warm.
SWEET POTATO CHILI WITH CHICKPEAS (EASY RECIPE!) - THE …
5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 267 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 5 minutes. Chop the sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, peppers, and garlic and add them to the pot as you finish cutting them.
- Add the chili powder, oregano, cumin, and liquid smoke and mix well. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and stock. Add the coconut sugar and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and corn to the pot and let them warm. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SWEET POTATO & QUINOA CHILI - EASY ONE POT RECIPE | STOVETOP
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CHILI RECIPE ON TWOPEASANDTHEIRPOD.COM …
SPICY SLOW COOKER CHICKPEA CHILI (+ INSTANT POT) | SWEET …
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA SLOW COOKER TAGINE | FOODTALK
COCONUT MILK CHILI WITH SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEAS | RECIPE | SWEET ...
ROASTED CHILI LIME CHICKPEA SWEET POTATO BOWL - PLANT BASED RD
EASY CHICKPEA SKILLET WITH SWEET POTATO AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
BAKED SWEET POTATOES STUFFED WITH CHICKPEA CHILI - THE VEGAN 8
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA COCONUT CURRY - GIMME SOME OVEN
SWEET POTATO CHILI WITH BEANS - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
COCONUT MILK CHILI WITH SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEAS | KELLY NEIL
VEGETARIAN SWEET POTATO CHILI - COOKIE AND KATE
THE BEST SWEET POTATO CHILI RECIPE | HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
LAMB CHILI RECIPE WITH SWEET POTATOES, CHICKPEAS AND MOROCCAN …
SWEET POTATO KALE SALAD WITH CREAMY HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING.
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CHILI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHILI LIME SWEET POTATO AND CHICKEN SKILLET
SWEET POTATO & CHICKEN CHILI | CANADIAN LIVING
BAKED SWEET POTATOES STUFFED WITH CHICKPEA CHILI
CHICKEN SWEET POTATO CHILI RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MASALA CHICKPEA STUFFED SWEET POTATOES - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
VEGAN CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO STEW - GLUTEN-FREE & HEARTY!
SWEET CHILI CHICKPEAS SHEET PAN (VEGAN) – PLANT BASED RD
CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO SATAY RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
SWEET POTATO CHILLI RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETARIAN RECIPES
CHICKEN CHILI WITH SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SLOW COOKER VEGAN SWEET POTATO CHILI - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
VEGAN CHICKPEA CHILI (SLOW COOKER & STOVETOP) L THE …
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN CHILI (EASY - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
HOT CHILI WITH CHICKPEAS AND SWEET POTATOES – MY LITTLE VEGAN CRUSH
SWEET POTATO QUINOA CHILI - MODERN MINIMALISM
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPES
SWEET POTATO CHILI WITH CHICKPEAS | RECIPE - PINTEREST
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA STEW - EAT FRESH GLOW
SWEET POTATO, BLACK BEAN AND CHICKPEA CHILLI | VEGAN RECIPES
RECIPE FOR CANNING POTATOES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SWEET POTATO CHILI WITH CHICKPEAS (EASY RECIPE!) - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love