ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes generously with some olive oil, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Lay the sweet potatoes out on a sheet tray, place them in the oven and roast until they are very soft and mushy, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut into 1-inch dice. Toss the apples with the lemon juice, some olive oil, salt and the rosemary. Lay them out on a sheet tray and place in the oven during the last 15 minutes of the cooking time for the sweet potatoes. When done, the apples should be soft and cooked through but still hold their shape. Sprinkle the walnuts over the apples during the last 5 minutes in the oven.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and coarsely mash them with a potato masher. Stir in the cooked apples and walnuts. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve immediately or keep in a warm oven and serve hot.
SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES
This recipe is very easy and creates a very delicious side dish. The sweet potatoes and apples compliment each other well. -Marty Rummel, Trout Lake, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or just until tender. , Drain sweet potatoes and cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the apples and sweet potatoes. Repeat layers., In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, cinnamon and salt. Pour over sweet potatoes and apples., Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 56mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES
This satisfying dish is very welcome at any meal at our house, especially on holidays. The tart apple slices taste so good baked on top of the mild sweet potatoes. -Jean Winfree, Wausau, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices., In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, alternately layer potatoes and apples. Pour orange juice over top. Combine the brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; sprinkle over potatoes and apples. Dot with butter. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
SWEET POTATO AND APPLE CASSEROLE
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture and apples in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.2 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 74.1 mg, Sugar 27.8 g
GLAZED APPLES AND SWEET POTATOES
This simple and delicious recipe for glazed apples and sweet potatoes is perfect for a Thanksgiving side dish - bourbon adds a special touch.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place sweet potatoes on cookie sheet; prick with fork. Roast 1 hour or until almost tender. Let stand 45 minutes or until cool. Peel; cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, toss apples and lemon juice. Arrange potatoes and apples alternately in baking dish. Pour remaining lemon juice in bowl over potatoes and apples.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir together brown sugar, honey, butter, bourbon, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally; boil 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour glaze over potatoes and apples.
- Roast uncovered 30 minutes. Spoon glaze from bottom of dish over potatoes and apples. Sprinkle with pecans. Roast 14 to 15 minutes longer or until apples are browned. Spoon glaze over top before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Carbohydrate 67 g, Fat 2, Fiber 7 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 210 mg
GRILLED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES
- Preheat an outdoor grill.
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potato and apple slices with the cinnamon and sugar. Divide the mixture into 4 portions, places each on a large piece of aluminum foil. Top each with an equal amount of butter. Tightly seal foil around each portion.
- Place foil packets on the grill, and cook 40 minutes, turning every 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.1 calories, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 7.9 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 288.7 mg, Sugar 14.1 g
SWEET POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Bake potatoes until soft, 40 to 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel and place flesh in a medium bowl; add salt, and mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, slice apples into 1/8-inch-thick wedges and place in a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to combine.
- In a medium skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Cook apple slices in the butter and sugar in 3 or 4 batches, until golden and caramelized, about 1 minute on each side. As they finish cooking, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cook until sugar dissolves. Stir in 4 tablespoons cream and the Calvados and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add to sweet potatoes, mixing well to combine. Transfer potato mixture to a buttered 3-quart ovenproof casserole. Arrange apple slices over potatoes; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cook until dissolved. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of cream and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in orange juice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened and dark brown. Pour over the apples and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately, or let stand at room temperature for up to 30 minutes before serving.
CANDIED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLE
From Light and Tasty Magazine...submitted by H. Grant. My family really enjoyed this recipe this past holiday season. Most commented they liked it because it did not have marshmallows and also loved the addition of apple. I think it would be good with a handful of dried cranberries sprinkled on top too.
Provided by HokiesMom
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Arrange cooked sweet potatoes and apple slices in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with non-stick spray. (This is where I would add the dried cranberries too).
- Drizzle brown sugar mixture over the potatoes and apples.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F, for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 20-25 minutes longer, basting occasionally with pan juices.
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES AND ONIONS
Looking for a delicious side dish? Then check out this baked sweet potatoes recipe with a flavorful twist - ready in just 40 minutes!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place sweet potato slices in large saucepan or Dutch oven; add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover loosely; cook over medium heat for 9 to 13 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is reduced to a glaze, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes to skillet; stir gently to coat. Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 3/4 Cup, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 24 g, TransFat 0 g
SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into slices about 1/8-inch thick. Place in pot with water to cover; cover pot and bring to boil. Cook potatoes about 10 minutes, until they are soft.
- Wash and quarter apples; remove core, and slice apples in food processor.
- Place apples, apple cider and dried fruit in pot; cover and cook until apples soften, about 5 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, drain them and stir them into apple mixture and continue cooking over low heat until pork is ready. Season with salt, if desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 417, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 100 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 14 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 130 milligrams, Sugar 50 grams
BAKED SWEET POTATO WITH APPLES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the sweet potatoes,apple and sugar.
- Butter a baking dish and put the potato mixture into it.
- Dot with any remaining butter.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the parsley and zest.
- *Nice served with chicken or pork.
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLE JUICE AND SPICES
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place large baking sheet in oven to heat. Combine sweet potatoes, apple juice concentrate, cinnamon and cloves in medium bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cut 2 sheets of foil, each about 20 inches long. Place 1 foil sheet on work surface. Spread half of sweet potatoes on 1 half of foil so that potato slices are not more than 2 deep. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal. Repeat with second foil sheet and remaining ingredients.
- Place foil packets on heated baking sheet. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Divide among 4 plates and serve.
More about "sweet potatoes with apples recipes"
BAKED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES | AMERICAN HEART …
BAKED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES • IN THE KITCHEN WITH STEFF
10 BEST SWEET POTATOES AND GRANNY SMITH APPLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
CURRIED SWEET POTATO SALAD WITH KALE AND APPLES ~ MACHEESMO
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES & CRANBERRIES
SWEET POTATO WITH APPLE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET POTATO AND APPLE CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES RECIPE
SWEET POTATOES & APPLES RECIPE | SIDE DISH RECIPES | PBS FOOD
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLE PIE FILLING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SIMPLE CINNAMON ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES
CINNAMON ROASTED SWEET POTATOES & APPLES ⋆ 5 INGREDIENTS, 40 …
ROASTED SWEET POTATO AND APPLES - HEALTHY LITTLE FOODIES
MAPLE-GLAZED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MAPLE-GLAZED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES RECIPE
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES | MCCORMICK
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES AND ONIONS - LIZ SANFILIPPO
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES - BAREFOOT CONTESSA RECIPE
DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES
SMASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES - OPRAH.COM
SWEET POTATO AND APPLE CASSEROLE RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
MASHED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
FRIED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES IN THE SLOW COOKER - EAT AT HOME
CINNAMON ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
BEST SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES AND MARSHMALLOWS RECIPE?
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES AND PECANS - POSITIVE PRANIC
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES AND CRANBERRIES
ROASTED SWEET POTATO AND APPLES W/ PECANS AND CRAISINS - DEVOUR …
SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLE BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
BAKED APPLES AND SWEET POTATOES - MYPLATE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #yams-sweet-potatoes #side-dishes #fruit #potatoes #vegetables #oven #easy #potluck #dinner-party #fall #holiday-event #kosher #vegan #vegetarian #winter #dietary #christmas #hanukkah #thanksgiving #gluten-free #seasonal #rosh-hashana #free-of-something #apples #to-go #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love