STRAWBERRY 4-POINT TARTLETS
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (5-inch) squares. Place the pastry squares onto a baking sheet. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir the jam and vinegar in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Add the strawberries and black pepper and toss to coat. Spoon about 1/4 cup strawberry mixture in the center of each pastry square. Fold the pastry corners over the filling to the center and twist the points firmly to seal. Brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Serve each with 1/2 cup ice cream, if desired.
Wow family and friends with a stunning strawberry tart. A lovely centrepiece dessert for summer dining, it's made with homemade pastry and crème pâtissière
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth, but not fluffy. Mix in the egg until combined, then add the flour. Bring together with your hands to form a dough. Wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Dust a surface with flour and roll out the pastry to a 26cm circle (or 3cm bigger than your tin). Line a 23cm fluted tart tin with the pastry, leaving an overhang. Prick the base with a fork to stop any air bubbles forming. Chill for 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line the pastry case with a scrunched up sheet of baking parchment and baking beans, then bake for 15 mins. Remove the parchment and beans and bake for 15-20 mins more until crisp and golden. Leave in the tin to cool.
- To make the crème pâtissière, heat the milk, cream and vanilla in a pan over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Bring up to a simmer. Meanwhile, whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl for 3 mins until pale, then stir in the cornflour until combined. Pour a quarter of the hot cream over the egg mix, whisking continuously, then pour the warm egg mix into the pan with the rest of the cream. Stir over a low-medium heat for 5-8 mins until the crème pâtissière thickens. Transfer to a large bowl and cool for 15 mins, whisking occasionally. Gradually whisk in the butter until smooth, cover and put in the fridge until needed.
- Beat the strawberry jam to loosen it, then spread over the bottom of the pastry case. Put the crème pâtissière into a piping bag and pipe in a spiral on top of the jam. Arrange the strawberries on top in a pattern. Heat the apricot jam in a small pan with 1 tbsp water until warm. Whisk to loosen the jam, then leave to cool slightly. Brush over the top of the strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 39 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 23 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
SWEET STRAWBERRY TARTLETS
Are you tempted by creamy, smooth, sweet, buttery and crunchy? Apparently I am too, as I ate this 5 days in a row including for breakfast. It has an unusual crust which I love, but you could easily substitute the Maria's crackers for graham crackers. You could also substitute defrosted frozen and drained strawberries for the fresh. This one sure is a crowd pleaser, that is if you can bring yourself to share. From Marcela Valladolid's show Mexican Made Easy.
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 6 tarts
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix the strawberries and 3 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl. Let the strawberries macerate at room temperature for 1 hour. (I put mine in the fridge overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange 6 individual tartlet pans with removable bottoms on a baking sheet. (You could also use a 9 inch tart pan.) Spray the tartlet pans with nonstick cooking spray. Blend the Maria crackers and the piloncillo in a processor until coarse crumbs form. Add the butter and process until the crumbs come together (this took a few minutes). Press the crumbs into the prepared tartlet pans. Bake until the tartlet shells are golden brown, about 10 minutes. (They may appear a bit soft, but will set upon cooling.) Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese and the sour cream in a small bowl, until fluffy. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and whip until well combined. Add the whipping powdered topping and whip until very fluffy. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the macerating liquid from the strawberries. Fold the strawberries and the reserved 2 tablespoons of liquid into the cream mixture. Spoon the filling over the tartlets, dividing equally. Tarts can be prepared 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated. (As I mentioned in the introduction, I ate this all week and it was still really good!).
- *Cook's Note: Maria Crackers (Galletas Marias) are a round sweet biscuit with vanilla flavor. They are the Mexican version of the English Marie biscuit and can be used in layered deserts as you would with lady fingers. They can easily be substituted with graham crackers.
- **Cook's Note: Piloncillo is often used in Mexican cuisine to sweeten drinks or deserts. It is unrefined cane sugar, usually found in the shape of small cones and can be substituted with brown sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 705.8, Fat 54.3, SaturatedFat 32, Cholesterol 132.3, Sodium 448, Carbohydrate 48.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 31, Protein 8.8
More about "sweet strawberry tartlets recipes"
SWEET STRAWBERRY TARTLETS RECIPE | MARCELA VALLADOLID
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Dessert
SWEET STRAWBERRY TARTLETS - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine MexicanServings 6
SWEET SNACKS THAT YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
GLUTEN FREE MINI STRAWBERRY TARTS (TARTLET RECIPE) - GLUTEN FREE ...
SWEET STRAWBERRY TARTLETS | RECIPE | STRAWBERRY TARTLETS, STRAWBERRY ...
SWEET STRAWBERRY TARTLETS | RECIPE | STRAWBERRY TARTLETS, STRAWBERRY ...
PAUL HOLLYWOOD'S STRAWBERRY TARTS | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTO
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB TARTLETS | FOODTALK
STRAWBERRY TARTS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
STRAWBERRY TARTLETS - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
SWEET STRAWBERRY TARTLETS – RECIPES NETWORK
STRAWBERRY TART RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MINI STRAWBERRY TARTS RECIPE · NOURISH AND NESTLE
SWEET STRAWBERRY TARTLETS | RECIPE | STRAWBERRY TARTLETS RECIPE ...
STRAWBERRY TARTLETS RECIPE - TOM KERRIDGE
STRAWBERRY CUSTARD AND CREAM TARTLETS - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Make Strawberry tartlets with Jelly?Arrange slices of strawberry on top of each filled tartlet in a pretty spiral. Heat the redcurrant jelly in a small pan and brush over the strawberry slices to glaze. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes, then remove from the tins to serve. Cook time: 15 minutes, plus chilling and cooling. Prepare Ahead: Can be made completely up to 4 hours ahead.
What is a strawberry custard tartlet?Strawberry Custard and Cream Tartlets with a homemade buttery shortcrust, a fantastic dessert made from scratch for every occasion. These little beauties are very easy to make, and use fresh and simple ingredients.
What do you put on a Mini Strawberry Tart?Fresh strawberries to top your mini strawberry tarts. Instead of traditional pie crust or pastry crust, these mini tart shells are made from sugar cookie dough, thus are less fragile My Williams-Sonoma Mini Tart Baking is my go-to when making mini-tarts. Sadly, they no longer carry these little tart pans.
What size tartlet tins do I need to bake strawberries?Strawberries are a classic topping, but raspberries or blueberries would be lovely too. You will need eight 8cm round, loose-bottomed fluted tartlet tins. You will need eight 8cm (3in) round, loose-bottomed fluted tartlet tins. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.