CHINESE TAKE-OUT FRIED RICE
Fried rice is what you make when you have leftover rice from the meal before. You can clean out your fridge and add leftover diced cooked pork, chicken or beef, or vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, carrots or red peppers. Fast, delicious and easy. From the Take-Out Menu Cookbook.
Provided by TxGriffLover
Categories White Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 Tblsp of the oil in a wok or frying pan set over medium heat. Add the shrimp, ham, and peas and cook 1 minute. Add the soy sauce and transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the pan. Add the eggs, green onions, salt & pepper.
- Scramble the eggs in the pan. Once this mixture comes together in clumps, add the rice, shrimp mixture, and rice wine. Adjust the seasoning with soy sauce or salt & pepper. Serve hot.
- Feel free to saute cabbage, broccoli, bok choy, or diced carrots along with the shrimp, ham and peas.
- Use cold leftover rice only. This recipe won't work well with freshly cooked rice. It will be mushy and stick to the pan, a real mess.
TAKE-OUT FRIED RICE
I was very impressed with this fried rice recipe. The flavour is wonderful, and it's so easy to make, why order take-out? I serve it with Recipe #137627.
Provided by Chef Dee
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet heat the sesame oil.
- Add the celery, carrots, onions, and garlic stirring while cooking to tender crisp.
- Stir in the frozen peas and ham or pork, continue to stir and cook until vegetables have softened.
- Lower the heat and add the beaten egg, stirring until it is finely scrambled.
- Add the soya sauce, and rice, blend well.
- Splash a little more sesame oil over the rice if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 111.2, Sodium 2642, Carbohydrate 50.8, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 4.4, Protein 20
More about "take out style fried rice recipes"
EASY BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT CHICKEN FRIED RICE - AVERIE COOKS
4.4/5 (102)Calories 422 per servingCategory Sides, Salads & Vegetables
- To a large non-stick skillet or wok, add the oils, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon (allow oils and cooking juices from chicken to remain in skillet) and place chicken on a plate; set aside.
- Add the peas, carrots, green onions, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften, stir intermittently.
FAVORITE FRIED RICE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
4.9/5 Total Time 15 minsServings 4-6
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan* over medium-high heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas and garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft. Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and stir until melted. Immediately add the rice, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using), and stir until combined. Continue sautéing for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice, stirring occasionally. (I like to let the rice rest for a bit between stirs so that it can crisp up on the bottom.) Then add in the eggs and stir to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil until combined. Taste and season with extra soy sauce, if needed.
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT SHRIMP FRIED RICE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.9/5 (20)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 129 per serving
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Add vegetable oil, 1 Tablespoon sesame oil and shrimp to the skillet and salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender. Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
- Add the rice and shrimp to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce and 1 Tablespoons sesame oil on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.
BEST FRIED RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PERFECT FRIED RICE
5/5 (21)Total Time 20 mins
- Transfer to a plate. Return skillet to high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil, the carrots, and whites of the green onions.
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT CHICKEN FRIED RICE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (20)Calories 200 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- In a large skillet or wok, add vegetable oil and soy sauce. Add in the chicken and cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove and set aside.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT FRIED RICE - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
5/5 (19)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 6-8Total Time 20 mins
AUTHENTIC THAI FRIED RICE RECIPE (ข้าวผัด) - STREET FOOD ...
4.7/5 (49)Category Thai Fried Rice RecipeCuisine ThaiTotal Time 20 mins
FRIED RICE RECIPE FROM LEFTOVERS - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 144Calories 355 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Lunch
FRIED RICE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BETTER THAN TAKE-OUT FRIED RICE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
Ratings 38Calories 612 per servingCategory Main Course, Side Dish
- In a large skillet or wok, preheat oil over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the garlic from burning.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add cooked rice. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until rice is nice and hot and starts to brown. Reduce heat and push rice to the sides of the pan, making a hole for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the middle of the pan and scramble. Once eggs are cooked, stir them into the rice.
PORK FRIED RICE: LIKE THE RESTAURANTS MAKE IT! - THE WOKS ...
4.9/5 (70)Total Time 25 minsCategory PorkCalories 377 per serving
- Start by combining the hot water, honey, sesame oil, shaoxing wine (if using), soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and white pepper in a small bowl. This is the sauce that you'll be adding to the rice, and it's much easier to have it combined and ready to go before you start cooking.
- Take your cooked rice and fluff it with a fork or with your hands (you can rinse your hands in cold water if the rice starts sticking to them). There shouldn't be any big clumps!
- With the wok over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions until translucent and then stir in the roast pork. Add the rice and mix well. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, then you just need to mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add the sauce mixture and salt and mix with a scooping motion until the rice is evenly coated with sauce. You will have to break up any remaining clumps of rice with the spatula as best as possible, but no need to be obsessive. The rice should be hot by this time.
THE BEST VEGAN TAKEOUT-STYLE FRIED RICE - FROM MY BOWL
Cuisine AmericanCategory MainServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Prep: use a chopstick or your hands to break up the cold rice until no large clumps remain; return to the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Use your hands to crumble the tofu into the pan, then add in the turmeric and stir well. Use a spatula to break up the tofu further, if any piece is too large. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until the tofu is yellow and the turmeric has completely dissolved. Transfer the tofu into a small bowl and stir in the black salt, if using; Otherwise, season with regular salt to taste. Set aside; quickly clean out the pan and return it to the burner.
- warm the remaining peanut oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, white parts of the scallions, and garlic to the pan; sauté for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and golden. Then, add in the carrots, peas, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the peas have thawed.
- bring the heat to high, then add in the separated rice. Mix everything together with a spatula until the vegetables are evenly incorporated. Then, cook the rice for 5-7 minutes, stirring only occasionally. This enhances the flavor of the rice, and allows some crispy bits to form.
THE BEST FRIED RICE (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - CHEF SAVVY
4.6/5 (167)Calories 379 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter into the pan. Add carrots and onion to the pan and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
EASY FRIED RICE (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT FRIED RICE ...
Ratings 48Calories 266 per servingCategory Dinner, Side Dish
- Prepare your rice according to package directions. Set this aside. This is a handy recipe if you happen to have rice leftover from a previous meal. You can also choose to make your rice in an Instant Pot or use frozen already cooked rice!
- In a large skillet or wok, preheat your oil over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally to keep the garlic from burning. Add peas and carrots and cook until partially thawed 1-2 minutes. You’ll need to adjust this time if you use fresh veggies.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add cooked rice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until rice is nice and hot and starts to brown.
- Reduce heat and push the rice to the sides of the pan, making a hole in the middle for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the middle of the pan and scramble them in the center of the pan.
BETTER THAN TAKE OUT FRIED RICE | KITCHEN @ HOSKINS
Cuisine ChineseTotal Time 16 minsCategory RiceCalories 647 per serving
- Add remaining oil (reduce heat to medium-high) and then diced onion, garlic and harder vegetables (that need longer cooking time like carrot, frozen peas, frozen corn, green beans, cauliflower).
EASY FRIED RICE RECIPE + VIDEO - FOODOLOGY GEEK
Reviews 1Calories 184 per servingCategory Rice, Side Dish
TAKE-OUT, FAKE-OUT: CHICKEN FRIED RICE - TABLE FOR TWO® BY ...
Reviews 34Category Main CourseCuisine ChineseTotal Time 30 mins
- In a large skillet, brown diced chicken on both sides and until chicken is cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add vegetable oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables and cook until warmed through then add the eggs, breaking them apart like scrambled eggs in the skillet. Turn down the heat to medium-low and add the cooked chicken.
TAKE OUT FRIED RICE RECIPE | RICEARONI.COM
- Combine rice and margarine in a large 12" skillet with cover over medium high heat until brown for 2 minutes.
- Add water and Special Seasonings, stir; reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes; adding an additional 1/2 cup water if necessary to prevent sticking.
TAKE OUT STYLE VEGETABLE FRIED RICE - TIGER CORPORATION U ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EASY BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT SHRIMP FRIED RICE - AVERIE COOKS
5/5 (85)Total Time 2 minsServings 4
FRIED RICE - RECIPES WEBSITE - FOOD AND DRINK RECIPE IDEAS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN AND QUINOA "FRIED RICE" RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
INSTANT POT CHICKEN FRIED RICE - A PRESSURE COOKER KITCHEN
9 VEGETARIAN FRIED RICE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRIED RICE NOODLES RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to cook fried rice?The rice should brown up a bit. Add the eggs back to the pan and stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Serve immediately with green onions for garnish, if desired.
Can you make fried rice out of leftover rice?You could make fried rice from freshly cooked rice, but it's not likely going to have the right texture because it will be too moist. Leftover rice is ideal because it's drier and therefore, cooks great right in your skillet along with the other ingredients.
How to make pork fried rice in a wok?With the wok over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions until translucent. Then stir in the roast pork. Add the rice and mix well.
How long to cook shrimp fried rice in WOK?To save time use two 8.8-ounce pouches cooked and ready-to-serve rice) To a large non-stick skillet or wok, add the oils, shrimp, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cooking time will vary based on size of shrimp, don’t overcook.