TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE
Classic macaroni and cheese gets reinvented as a hearty casserole with a layer of ground beef seasoned with peppers, onions and taco seasoning.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile in 5-quart Dutch oven, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain, and set aside. Add bell pepper, poblano chiles and onion to Dutch oven; cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions start to soften. Stir in beef, taco seasoning mix and water; heat to simmering. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Transfer to medium bowl; reserve.
- In 4-cup glass measuring cup, mix milk and cream. Return Dutch oven to low heat; melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in Dutch oven. With whisk, stir in flour and salt until smooth. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; reduce heat to medium. Stir in cheeses. Cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Stir pasta into cheese sauce. Remove from heat. Pour half of pasta mixture into baking dish. Top with meat mixture, then remaining pasta mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs; toast 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until crumbs are golden brown. Sprinkle over pasta mixture; top with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 600, Carbohydrate 56 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 5 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 900 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1 g
FIESTA MAC AND CHEESE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the macaroni in the boiling water until just undercooked. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onion turns golden brown and the corn begins to blister, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the green chiles to combine. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour, whisking to combine. Let the roux cook for a minute or so, whisking constantly. Pour in the milk, whisking constantly, followed by 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Cook the white sauce until thick and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the half-and-half and adobo sauce. Add the processed cheese, 1 cup of the Monterey Jack and 1 cup of the pepper jack and continue to cook, stirring, until the cheese all melts. Add the cooked macaroni and stir to coat. Fold in the diced tomatoes and chiles.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch disposable foil pan. Layer with half of the macaroni mixture, then half the corn mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with the corn mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack and 1 cup pepper jack over the top. Sprinkle the crushed tortilla chips all over the cheese, then sprinkle with chili powder.
- To bake immediately, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake until bubbly and hot, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle over the chopped cilantro and serve.
- To freeze the casserole for later, let cool completely, then cover with aluminum foil, fold over the edges to seal and freeze.
- If cooking from frozen, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook, covered, for 50 minutes, then uncover and bake until light brown and bubbly, about another 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the chopped cilantro and serve.
TEX-MEX BEEFY MAC & CHEESE
Ground beef, chunky salsa and frozen corn give this mac and cheese dish hearty appeal.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Prepare Dinner as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain; return meat to skillet. Add salsa and corn; mix well. Cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add prepared Dinner to meat mixture; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 3 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 990 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 8 g, Protein 24 g
"My husband and I really like macaroni and cheese," writes Arlene Lacell of Zillah, Washington. "When we had a lot left over on one occasion, I came up with this Tex-Mex treatment to use it up. This quick casserole is very good with a green salad."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the macaroni and cheese and salsa. , Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts :
TEX-MEX BAKED MAC & CHEESE
Here's a spicy twist on an old-fashioned baked mac & cheese. We added a layer of tomatoes and green chilies and topped it with tortilla chips.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Holiday & Special Occasion Recipes
Yield 6 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Dinner as directed on package. Spoon into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix tomatoes and dressing; spoon over macaroni mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Mix butter and tortilla crumbs; sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 880 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 11 g
I made this one day when I was in the process of making mexican cornbread and realized I was out of milk. I had taco meat and no taco shells.
Provided by princessshree85
Yield 12 ounces, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brown hamburger meat and drain. Follow direction on the back of the taco seasoning packet.
- Boil water and cook macaroni as directed.
- After macaroni is prepared add taco meat, salsa and velveta.
- Return to heat until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.5, Fat 26.3, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 101.7, Sodium 1171.1, Carbohydrate 63, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 10.5, Protein 36.8
More about "tex mex macaroni and cheese recipes"
TEX-MEX MAC & CHEESE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 4
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease four 1 1/2-cup (12-ounce) porcelain baking dishes, or a 2-quart casserole dish., To make the macaroni: Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cool water., In a large saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the flour, milk, and cheese powder.
- Bring to a boil., Remove from the heat and add the cheese and seasonings, stirring until the cheese is completely melted., In a small skillet, melt the butter and sauté the onions and peppers until they start to soften.
TEX MEX MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE - MOMTASTIC
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE FOR TWO | OFFICIAL …
Servings 2Category Main Dishes
BEST TEX-MEX MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
TEX MEX MAC AND CHEESE | ONCE A MONTH MEALS
TEX MEX MACARONI CASSEROLE | MCCORMICK
ONE-SKILLET TEX MEX MAC AND CHEESE - AVERIE COOKS
THE VERY BEST TEX-MEX RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | POPSUGAR FOOD
TEX-MEX MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
TEX-MEX MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
TEX MEX MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
30 BEST TEX-MEX RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
TEX-MEX MAC AND CHEESE - MIDWEST LIVING
TEX MEX MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (47)Total Time 35 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, LunchCalories 427 per serving
RECIPE: TEX-MEX MAC AND CHEESE (USING MACARONI AND CHEESE MIX …
MOM'S BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - THE TEX-MEX MOM
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE - GREATIST.COM
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - PLAIN.RECIPES
CROCKPOT (OR OVEN) TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE - CLASSIC-RECIPES
CHRIS' TEX-MEX MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
TEX MEX MAC AND CHEESE - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
TEX-MEX BEEF MACARONI | RICARDO
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE – 5 BOYS BAKER
21 KRAFT MACARONI AND CHEESE SALSA RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
TEX-MEX SPOONBREAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE | DINNER MENU RECIPES, MACARONI …
TEX-MEX MAC AND CHEESE BITES - GREATIST.COM
EASY ONE POT TEX MEX MAC AND CHEESE - THE BUSY BAKER
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE | RECIPE | MACARONI AND CHEESE, …
TEX-MEX MACARONI CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE - AMERICAN RECIPES
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE - BARILLA FOODSERVICE RECIPES
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE | RECIPESTY
TEX-MEX MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #pasta #easy #cheese #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love