FREE RANGE FRUITCAKE
- Combine dried fruits, candied ginger and both zests. Add rum and macerate overnight, or microwave for 5 minutes to re-hydrate fruit.
- Place fruit and liquid in a non-reactive pot with the sugar, butter, apple juice and spices. Bring mixture to a boil stirring often, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for at least 15 minutes. (Batter can be completed up to this point, then covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before completing cake.)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and sift into fruit mixture. Quickly bring batter together with a large wooden spoon, then stir in eggs one at a time until completely integrated, then fold in nuts. Spoon into a 10-inch non-stick loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Check for doneness by inserting toothpick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, it's done. If not, bake another 10 minutes, and check again.
- Remove cake from oven and place on cooling rack or trivet. Baste or spritz top with brandy and allow to cool completely before turning out from pan.
- When cake is completely cooled, seal in a tight sealing, food safe container. Every 2 to 3 days, feel the cake and if dry, spritz with brandy. The cake's flavor will enhance considerably over the next two weeks. If you decide to give the cake as a gift, be sure to tell the recipient that they are very lucky indeed.
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - (3/5)
Provided by rmille6277
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix in order given. Spray miniature muffin pans with non-stick spray. Fill with cake batter. Place pan of water on bottom of oven while baking. Bake at 350deg for 20 minutes (small ones) to 30 minutes (large ones) until golden brown. Let stand for a few minutes before removing from pans. Makes about 48 large cakes or 80 small ones.
SPICY TEXAS SHEET CAKE
Chocolate and chiles rule in this class on a crowd-pleasing sheet cake. The tender cake and luscious pecan-studded frosting have just the right balance of sweet and heat.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with foil; butter the foil.
- Toast the chiles in a dry medium saucepan over medium heat until darkened and pliable, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add 1 cup water and soak until the chiles soften, about 5 more minutes. Transfer the chiles and soaking liquid to a blender and puree. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve back into the saucepan. Finely chop any chile pieces left in the sieve and add to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and baking powder together in a large bowl; set aside.
- Add the butter and cocoa powder to the saucepan with the chile puree; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring, until the butter is melted. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Whisk the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and baking soda together in a liquid measuring cup; stir into the batter in two additions until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool slightly in the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Combine the pecans, butter, cayenne and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and the pecans are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup pecans with a slotted spoon and set aside for topping. Stir the cocoa powder into the saucepan and remove from the heat. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar in two batches, alternating with the milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Immediately pour the warm frosting over the warm cake and gently spread to cover. Top with the reserved pecans and let cool completely before slicing.
WHITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE
This made-from-scratch cake is the vanilla rendition of the original Classic Texas Sheet Cake and gives the chocolate version a run for its money.
Provided by By Annalise Sandberg
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla with whisk.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup butter and water to boiling. Add to flour mixture; stir until combined. Stir in egg mixture. Pour into pan.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden and center springs back when gently touched.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter and the milk to boiling. Remove from heat; add powdered sugar in a few additions, stirring until smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and the chopped walnuts. Pour over warm cake. Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 200 mg, Sugar 37 g, TransFat 1/2 g
I added pecans and candied fruits to an apple cake recipe for my Texan take on traditional English fruitcake. -Daisy Corene McHorse, San Saba, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 loaves.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Line three 8x4-in. loaf pans with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar and apple juice; let stand for 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to apple mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt; add to apple mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans, cherries and pineapple. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Remove waxed paper. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 88mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
Plan on making this as close to Thanksgiving as possible, so it has time to cure before Christmas. This is a lot like the fruitcake from Corsicana, Texas. It is a very solid cake, with just enough batter to secure together the many pounds of fruit and nuts. The less expensive fruitcakes will have large amounts of batter, with the candied fruit set apart like jewels and framed by cake. One of the important construction techniques is the tedious snipping of all the fruits (with the possible exception of the currants). Even the raisins should be snipped into two or three pieces each. I warn you ahead of time: be patient! It is worth the effort. Lastly, the painting on of juice and long curing period allow for the many flavors to develop and intermingle. Don't skip it. Makes 1 7-lb fruitcake
Provided by Kelly Vaughn
Yield 1 fruitcake
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Finely chop candied fruits and pecans.
- Snip dates and raisins into small pieces with kitchen shears dipped in hot water occasionally to prevent stickiness.
- Combine fruit and nuts in a bowl, add 2 or 3 T flour and toss to mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter until fluffy, then add brown sugar and gradually beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs two at a time, then stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- Mix jelly and rum/juice until smooth.
- Add alternately to batter with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter over fruit and mix throughly, using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and lined loaf pans or 1 ten-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 275 F for 3 1/2 hours.
- Paint generously with grape juice/brandy and wrap in cheesecloth and foil, keeping refrigerated until Christmas time.
- Paint on more juice once or twice per week.
TEXAS SHEET CAKE V
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Beat in the sour cream and eggs. Set aside. Melt the butter on low in a saucepan, add the water and 5 tablespoons cocoa. Bring mixture to a boil then remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly, then stir cocoa mixture into the egg mixture, mixing until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the icing: In a large saucepan, combine the milk, 5 tablespoons cocoa and 1/2 cup butter. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then fold in the nuts, mixing until blended. Spread frosting over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.4 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Cholesterol 36.3 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 145.4 mg, Sugar 28.2 g
TEXAS SHEET CAKE III
I make this cake frequently; it's a standard recipe that makes the rounds at church regularly--at home in Texas. Now, I'm in Pennsylvania and am introducing it to my northern friends and fellow church-goers:). Enjoy it again! EXCELLENT with vanilla bean ice cream.
Provided by Bron
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch cake pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup shortening, 2 ounces chocolate, and water. Heat until chocolate is melted; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda. Make a well in the center, and pour in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Add melted butter/chocolate mixture, and beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake tests done. Five minutes before cake is done, make frosting.
- To make frosting: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, 2 ounces chocolate, and 6 tablespoons milk. Heat until bubbles form around the edge; remove from heat. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and nuts. Frost cake while still warm. Allow to cool totally before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 463.4 calories, Carbohydrate 61.4 g, Cholesterol 48.5 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 161.6 mg, Sugar 47.9 g
CLASSIC TEXAS SHEET CAKE
If you love chocolate, and we mean really truly love, then this classic Texas sheet cake is exactly what your sweet tooth craves. Between the scratch-made cake and the decadent homemade frosting, this dessert is a chocolate lover's dream come true. Unlike most cakes, this tender-crumbed delight should be frosted when it's still hot-no need to let it cool. Pour on the sticky, sweet pecan-flecked frosting and watch it spread into a gloriously glossy blanket that'll keep your cake moist and fresh tasting for as long as it lasts.
Provided by By Bree Hester
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar and salt; set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup butter, the water and 3 tablespoons baking cocoa to boiling. Remove from heat. Pour over flour mixture in bowl; stir until well mixed. Add buttermilk, baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the eggs; stir until well blended. Pour into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in another 2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter, 3 tablespoons baking cocoa and the milk to simmering. Remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla with whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Pour frosting over hot cake. Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Carbohydrate 59 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 270 mg, Sugar 44 g, TransFat 1/2 g
More about "texas fruit cake recipe 35"
TEXAS PECAN FRUITCAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 3 hrsServings 18
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Bread
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TEXAS FRUITCAKE RECIPE - TEMANBUS.COM
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE COMPANY – COLATAM
THE BEST TEXAS SHEET CAKE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
GRAMMY'S VANILLA TEXAS SHEET CAKE: FAST & EASY DESSERT FOR A CROWD!
WESTERN FRUITCAKE RECIPE - TEXAS COOKING
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE COMPANY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
IN SEARCH OF THE PERFECT FRUITCAKE - TEXAS COOKING
TEXAS FRUITCAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TEXAS SHEET CAKE | RICARDO
TEXAS TORNADO CAKE - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
TEXAS SHEET CAKE - IMMACULATE BITES
BEST TEXAS SHEET CAKE RECIPE (WITH VIDEO!) - SUGAR SPUN RUN
FRUIT CAKE TEXAS BAKERIES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
TRADITIONAL FRUITCAKES - RICARDO
JANE PARKER FRUIT CAKES - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
TEXAS PECAN FRUIT CAKE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
TEXAS CAKE - VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE
TEXAS SHEET CAKE - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
PERFECT FONDANT FRUIT CAKE RECIPE FOR WEEKEND | AMAZING CAKE …
ORIGINAL TEXAS SHEET CAKE WITH BUTTERMILK | THE BEST RECIPE
THE BEST LITTLE FRUITCAKE IN TEXAS IS WORLD FAMOUS - L.A. TIMES
BEST TEXAS CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY …
SUJI MANGO CAKE | EGGLESS MANGO CAKE | बिना अंडा बिना …
TEXAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
THE BEST TEXAS SHEET CAKE - BELLY FULL
FRUITCAKE – TEXAS MONTHLY
TEXAS MANOR FRUITCAKE - YAHOOCAKE.COM
BEST EVER TEXAS SHEET CAKE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
TEXAS FRUITCAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FAVORITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE RECIPE - I HEART NAPTIME
TEXAS SHEET CAKE RECIPE - 35+ QUICK FOOD VIDEOS - THE SUMOD
Raspberry Loaf Cake | Fruit Dessert # 3515K views-01:40
Why is DeLuxe® Fruitcake Perfect for Christmas?154K views-02:22
Raisin cake. How to make fruit cake...437 views-08:52
The tastiest strawberry cake ever eaten. Without baking!23K views-04:40
Bakery Style Fruits Cake | Soft, Sponge & Delicious Fruits Cake | Vanilla Fruits Cake Recipe42K views-03:18
With sponge fingers, but not Tiramisu! Perfect cake with strawberries, without baking9.6K views-03:10
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best fruit cake recipe?Instructions In a small saucepan, cook water and sugar on high heat. After boiling, add dried fruit mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F. Place a piece of parchment paper in the baking dish and spray oil. Beat eggs and sugar in the stand mixer until it gets fluffy. Slowly stir in flour and baking powder. Add the butter and mix.
What is in a Texas sheet cake recipe?Common denominators found in the Original Texas Sheet Cake Recipe are cocoa powder, buttermilk, and pecans, and of course, the jelly roll pan. Looking for more yummy dessert recipes to try? Bookmark our Chocoflan Recipe in your internet browser for next time!
How long does it take to bake a Texas sheet cake?With this classic Texas sheet cake, you can serve 16 generous pieces or cut smaller so there’s more to go around. However you share, this cake is the perfect party treat! If you don’t have a 15x10x1-inch pan, bake this cake in a 13x9-inch pan for 30 to 35 minutes at 325°F.
What is a fruit cocktail cake made of?This delicious cake is made with fruit cocktail in the batter & has a streusel-nut topping. A boiled coconut topping is poured over the cake while hot. Quick, easy, economical. Mix regular sugar, eggs, fruit cocktail, baking soda and flour.