FIERY HOT TEXAS T-BONES WITH CHIPOTLE SMASHED POTATOES AND HOT AND SWEET PEPPER SAUTE
- Seed and slice the hot and sweet fresh peppers and reserve.
- Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add salt to boiling water. Cook potatoes until tender, 10-12 minutes. Chop and brown bacon in a small skillet and add a tablespoon of chipotle powder and onions. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat until onions are tender. When potatoes are tender, drain and return to hot pot. Add bacon mixture and sour cream to the potatoes. Smash potatoes and season with salt, to taste.
- While potatoes are working, combine dry spice rub: chili powder, remaining chipotle powder, cumin and grill seasoning. Rub steaks liberally on both sides with the mixture. Heat a 12 to14-inch skillet screaming hot. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan. It will smoke. Add steaks and do not turn for 6 minutes. Flip and cook another 6 minutes for medium rare, up to 10 minutes for well done. Remove skillet from flame and add bourbon. Return steaks to stove and flame the pan. When the fire goes out, transfer the meat to a large serving platter and pour pan juices over the top. Let meat rest for juices to redistribute. Return pan to heat and add remaining tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet. Add hot and sweet peppers to the pan and saute them for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pile peppers alongside steaks.
- Remove meat from the T bones and cut into 4 portions. Top with some peppers and pile some chipotle smashers along side. Spoon drippings and juices over meat and serve.
Number Of Ingredients 0
- 1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.2. Trim fat on beef steaks to 1/4-inch thickness. Rub garlic on beef. Press peppercorns into beef. Mix remaining ingredients except salt and pepper set aside.3. Cover and grill beef 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 10 to 14 minutes for medium doneness, turning once. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with butter mixture.NUTRITION FACTS: 1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 190) Fat 21g (Saturated 6g) Cholesterol 50mg Sodium 180mg Carbohydrate 1g (Dietary Fiber 0g) Protein 17g % DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 8% DIET EXCHANGES: 2 1/2 High-Fat MeatFrom "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
ROCK'S T-BONE STEAKS
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Stir the salt, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, coriander, and turmeric together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Rub the steaks on all sides with the seasoning mixture. Cook on the preheated grill to your desired degree of doneness, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 928.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 258.5 mg, Fat 43.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 123 g, SaturatedFat 15.9 g, Sodium 2667 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
- Trim fat on beef steaks to 1/4-inch thickness. Rub beef with garlic. Press pepper into beef. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Mix butter, mustard, Worcesershire sauce and lime juice; reserve.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cover and grill beef 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 16 to 18 minutes for medium doneness, turning halfway through grilling. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place beef on warm platter; remove bone. Cut beef at slanted angle into thin slices. Serve with butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 280 mg
More about "texas t bones recipes"
TEXAS HILL COUNTRY T-BONES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsServings 4
TEXAS T BONES | MRFOOD.COM
TEXAS T-BONE - MASTERCOOK
TEXAS T BONE STEAK - THERESCIPES.INFO
TOPRECIPES | TEXAS T BONES
RECIPE: TEXAS T-BONES
TEXAS T BONES RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, BROILED STEAK
TEXAS HILL COUNTRY T-BONES RECIPE
TEXAS T-BONES | RECIPES
EASY T-BONE STEAK RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
TEXAS T-BONES RECIPE
TEXAS T-BONES 2 - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
RECIPE FOR TEXAS T-BONES - ONLINE RECIPES FROM HINDS ...
TEXAS T-BONES RECIPE - FITNESSOM
TEXAS T-BONES | RECIPE | RECIPES, DELICIOUS HEALTHY ...
TEXAS T-BONE STEAK - BEEF LOVING TEXANS
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
TEXAS T-BONES - BIGOVEN.COM
TEXAS T-BONES RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
TEXAS T-BONES - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
TEXAS T BONE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE: TEXAS T-BONES (TOPPED WITH MARGARINE, DIJON, AND ...
GRILLED TEXAS T-BONE STEAKS WITH CHARRED ONION RINGS RECIPE
TEXAS HILL COUNTRY T BONES RECIPE
TEXAS T-BONES - EAT2FIT.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: TEXAS T-BONES
TEXAS BON RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook T-bone steak?While a T-Bone is a better cut of meat than I'm used to having, this rub blew it out of the water!! Wow! My husband, who doesn't even care for steak loved it too and couldn't stop talking about how good it was. I pan fried the steaks in a grill pan, about 8 minutes each side and then put 1/2 a tablespoon of butter on top to melt when done.
Do you put cayenne pepper on your T-bone steaks?Since I HATE anything spicy hot, I only used a pinch of cayenne. One thing I added which Emeril suggested on his recipe for T-bone Steaks was to put 1 Tbsp of Olive oil on each side of each steak before rubbing the spices in, which was an awesome idea.
How to spice up a T-Bone?I did as others suggested by halving the salt and sprinkling the spices onto the meat just before cooking the T-bones. The spices complimented the meat and I was really surprised at how well the tumeric added to the overall flavour. It was delicious. I'll probably use this spice mix again with T-bone. Betty Rating: 5 stars 06/08/2016
How many rock's T-bone steaks are there?Rock's T-Bone Steaks 11 of 32 Rock's T-Bone Steaks ellie Rock's T-Bone Steaks 12 of 32 Rock's T-Bone Steaks Amy Fishman Rock's T-Bone Steaks