SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPOW GAI)
My version of this classic Thai dish has spectacular taste even with regular basil instead of Thai or holy basil. The sauce actually acts like a glaze as the chicken mixture cooks over high heat. The recipe works best if you chop or grind your own chicken and have all ingredients prepped before you start cooking.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Drizzle in oil. Add chicken and stir fry until it loses its raw color, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in shallots, garlic, and sliced chilies. Continue cooking on high heat until some of the juices start to caramelize in the bottom of the pan, about 2 or 3 more minutes. Add about a tablespoon of the sauce mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until sauce begins to caramelize, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the rest of the sauce. Cook and stir until sauce has deglazed the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until sauce glazes onto the meat, 1 or 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil. Cook and stir until basil is wilted, about 20 seconds. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 715.4 calories, Carbohydrate 58.6 g, Cholesterol 155.9 mg, Fat 30 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 49.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 1181.9 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN (VERY EASY AND FAST)
This only takes about 25 minutes to make. Very easy and fabulous flavor! This is very popular in Thailand. They sell this on the streets as well as in the restaurants. You won't believe how incredible this recipe is. It is my husband's and my new favorite. Serve with white rice.
Provided by Nancy Gibson
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir in chile peppers. Pour in water. Cook until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 1625.4 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
THAI BASIL CHICKEN WITH COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
- Heat sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken into the hot skillet and season with salt and pepper. Mix in curry paste. Brown chicken on both sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Pour in coconut milk, chicken broth, snow peas, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and bamboo shoots. Season with cinnamon and stir well. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; let simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.7 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 29.7 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 21.2 g, Sodium 532.8 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
THAI GROUND CHICKEN BASIL
This delicious recipe most closely resembles my favorite Thai restaurant's Ground Chicken Basil. I've searched for recipes, but none gave this authentic taste. It's quick and easy, too! Serve with steamed rice if you like.
Provided by Valery K.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a wok over high heat until smoking. Pour in peanut oil, then immediately add garlic. Stir-fry garlic until it begins to turn golden brown, about 20 seconds. Mix in the ground chicken and continue cooking and stirring until the meat is crumbly and no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced chilies, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Cook for about 15 seconds to soften the chilies, then add the basil, and continue cooking until the basil has wilted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Cholesterol 69.2 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 29.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 768.5 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
EASY AND SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN WITH EGG
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; cook and stir eggs until scrambled and set, about 5 minutes. Divide rice between 2 bowls and add eggs to rice.
- Grind Thai chile peppers and garlic together with a mortar and pestle or in a food processor.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat; cook and stir pepper-garlic mixture until fragrant and garlic is golden brown, about 1 minute. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is about halfway-cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar into chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes more. Add basil and stir for 10 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and continue stirring mixture until basil is wilted; spoon over rice and egg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.1 calories, Carbohydrate 38.6 g, Cholesterol 218.3 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1113.1 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
THAI CHICKEN WITH BASIL
- Combine rice and 1 1/2 cups water in heavy-bottom pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook the rice, covered, for 17 minutes.
- Trim and seed the jalapeño and the red pepper. Put from half the jalapeño to all of it, and as much of the red pepper as you like, into a food processor, and add the garlic, shallots and peppercorns. Process to make a coarse paste.
- Heat a nonstick pan (large enough to hold all the ingredients except the rice) until it is very hot. Reduce heat to medium high, and add the oil. Sauté the garlic mixture for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Finely chop the chicken breast in the food processor. Return pan to heat, and sauté the chicken, breaking it into tiny pieces while cooking.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar, and stir well. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Return pan to heat, and stir the basil into the chicken mixture. Serve over rice, garnished with the remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 737, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 90 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1542 milligrams, Sugar 19 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "thai basil chicken recipes"
EASY THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO COOK WITH THAI BASIL
2.5/5 (22)Category DinnerCuisine ThaiTotal Time 25 mins
- 1. In a wok set over medium-high heat, preheat the oil. When the oil is piping hot, add the garlic cloves. Once the garlic has turned golden brown, add the ground chicken, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the pepper, chilies, fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper and stir to combine. Sauté for 2 minutes before adding in the basil leaves and cooking until fully wilted, 30 seconds.
- Become a better home cook with the [MasterClass Annual Membership](https://www.masterclass.com/). Gain access to exclusive video lessons taught by culinary masters, including Wolfgang Puck, Alice Waters, Chef Thomas Keller, Gordon Ramsay, and more.
THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine AsianCategory Main CourseServings 3Total Time 25 mins
- Mix the stir-fry sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves completely. Set aside. Dice the chicken into 1-2 inch, bite size, pieces. Set aside. Wash hands after handling chicken. Wash Thai Basil, pat dry with kitchen towel, then tear off leaves from stem. Discard stems. Mince garlic and chili.
- Heat a wok or medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil. When oil is hot. Deep fry half of the basil leaves. Remove fried basil leaves on a plate lined with paper towel to drain access oil. Set aside.
- In now empty skillet with oil heating on medium-high heat, add minced garlic and chili. Fry until garlic is fragrant, just 20-30 seconds. (Don't let garlic burn.)
- Add diced chicken, salt and cook until chicken is no longer pink. About 2 minutes. Add all of the sauce mixed in Step 1. Stirring occasionally, cook chicken and sauce on medium-high heat until sauce thickens and chicken is fully cooked. About 4-5 minutes. After first 3 minutes, add the sliced bell pepper, stir pepper with chicken and continue cooking.
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (ผัดกระเพราไก่)
4.9/5 (132)Total Time 20 minsCategory Stir Fry
THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (PAD KRAPOW GAI) - RUCHISKITCHEN
AUTHENTIC THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO)
15 MINUTE THAI BASIL CHICKEN - HOST THE TOAST
KETO THAI BASIL CHICKEN - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
THAI BASIL CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - WHISPER OF YUM
THAI BASIL CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - INTERNATIONAL CUISINE
SPICY THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
10 BEST THAI BASIL CHICKEN WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPOW GAI) - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
10-MINUTE THAI BASIL CHICKEN (EASY GAI PAD KRAPOW)
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (GA XAO LA QUE) - 30 MINUTES OR LESS RECIPE
THAI BASIL CHICKEN NOODLE BOWL | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
EASY THAI BASIL CHICKEN - ONLY 15 MINUTES! - MY FOOD STORY
THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE – HOW TO COOK (STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTION)
GARLIC LOVERS THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - COOKING WITH DAVID + ANNIE
THAI BASIL CHICKEN BOWLS - DAMN DELICIOUS
THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
THAI CHICKEN WITH BASIL RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
EASY THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE | HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
THAI CHICKEN WITH BASIL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THAI BASIL CHICKEN WITH PEPPERS | CHEW OUT LOUD
THE BEST THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - A FULL LIVING
THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE | PICKLED PLUM
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT SWEET THAI BASIL CHICKEN. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
20-MINUTE THAI BASIL CHICKEN - GIMME SOME OVEN
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PANTRY FRIENDLY! + MAKE AHEAD, TIPS/TRICKS)
THAI BASIL CHICKEN (PAD KRAPOW GAI) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
THAI BASIL CHICKEN · I AM A FOOD BLOG
CHICKEN BASIL FRIED RICE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
THAI BASIL CHICKEN - PINCH OF NOM
BEST THAI BASIL CHICKEN RECIPE - DELISH
THAI BASIL CHICKEN BOWLS - RECIPE RUNNER
18+ AWESOME THAI CHICKEN RECIPES TO MAKE IN 2022
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #poultry #vegetables #asian #thai #easy #chicken #meat #chicken-breasts #greens #bok-choys #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love