Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Fit a food processor with the thickest slicing blade. Cut the cabbages into small wedges and place horizontally into the feed tube. Process in batches. Next, fit the food processor with the grating blade. Cut the carrots in half and place in the feed tube so they are lying on their sides. Process in batches and mix in a bowl with the grated cabbages.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, celery seeds, celery salt, salt, and pepper. Pour enough of the dressing over the grated vegetables to moisten them. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- With a very sharp knife, cut the Brussels sprouts, kale, and radicchio across in thin shreds and put them all in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the slaw to moisten it well. Add the cranberries.
- Shave the Parmesan in big shards with a vegetable peeler, add it to the salad and toss well. Check for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.
CLASSIC HOMEMADE COLESLAW
Forget shop-bought versions and make a homemade slaw. It's an ideal side dish for barbecues or to serve with burgers, salads, sandwiches and more
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Side dish
Yield Serves 8 as a side
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Remove any bruised or damaged outer cabbage leaves. Halve through the stem, and remove the dense core with a sharp knife and discard. Put cut side down onto a chopping board, and slice as finely as you can into thin shreds. You can also do this on a mandoline (you might want to quarter before slicing) or in a food processor with the shredding attachment. Tip into a bowl.
- Grate the carrots on a box grater to coarsely shred, or cut into thin strips using a julienne peeled or the grater attachment on the food processor. Tip into the bowl. Finely slice the onion, and thin as you can, and add to the bowl with the other veg. Add the herbs if using. A mixture is nice if you have some to use up.
- In a jug, whisk the mustard, mayo, yogurt and vinegar. Season well, and taste for sharpness and creamy. Add more vinegar if you like.
- Tip the dressing into the veg bowl, and mix everything together well with a large spoon. Stir so all the veg gets coated lightly in the dressing. Sprinkle with a few pinches of paprika, and serve straight away. Can be covered and chilled for up to 3 days. Mix well before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
More about "the best winter veg coleslaw recipes"
WINTER SLAW WITH APPLES AND CRANBERRIES – WELLPLATED.COM
Web Dec 20, 2018 1 small head cabbage thinly sliced (red or green, or half of each if you love the color blend like I do!) 1 large sweet-crisp apple …
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 279 per serving
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 279 per serving
- Cut the cabbage in half, then carefully cut out the core. Cut it into half again so that you have quarters, then slice the cabbage into ultra-thin ribbons. You will have 10 to 12 cups total. Place it in a very large bowl.
- Cut off the four sides of the apple, slicing as close to the core as possible. Discard the core, then cut the remaining quarters into thin slices. Add the apples to the bowl with the cabbage.
- In a small mixing bowl or a larger liquid measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over the cabbage and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and Parmesan. If time allows, let sit for 15 minutes. Toss and adjust seasoning as desired.
BEST COLESLAW RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
Web Feb 20, 2019 Shred the cabbage.; Shred the carrot, using a grater or a handheld julienne shredder.; Make the coleslaw dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, …
VEGAN COLESLAW (CLASSIC RECIPE!) - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
Web Coleslaw Dressing 2/3 cup vegan mayo 1 tablespoon dijon mustard 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon pure cane sugar or pure maple syrup 1/2 – 1 teaspoon celery seed powder, optional salt & …
SIMPLE HEALTHY COLESLAW RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
Web Aug 16, 2022 Pour the toasted seeds into the mixing bowl and toss to combine. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Add the garlic, cumin and salt and whisk until …
ROOT VEGETABLE SLAW RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Web Jun 15, 2022 Put the mustard, salt, sugar, vinegar and parsley in a blender and process until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the blender, cover and process at its slowest setting. Drizzle in the olive …
WINTER COLESLAW RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Web Coleslaw 1 kohlrabi, medium in size 1 golden beetroot, medium in size 1 jicama, medium in size 1 fennel, medium in size 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled 1/2 lemon, juiced 1/2 bunch of dill, roughly chopped 1 pinch of …
WINTER COLESLAW - THE FAMILY FOOD KITCHEN
4.9/5 (7)Total Time 10 minsCategory Salad, Side DishPublished Feb 25, 2021
THE BEST WINTER VEG COLESLAW RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
Web Save this The best winter veg coleslaw recipe and more from Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life to your own online collection at EatYourBooks.com ... (eg a good …
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | VEGETABLE COLESLAW | RECIPES
Web 1 pound white cabbage (1/2 small head) 3/4 pound red cabbage (1/2 small head) 5 carrots 5 large kale leaves, ribs removed 2 cups good mayonnaise, such as Hellmann’s or Best …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST COLESLAW EVER - ALLRECIPES
Web Aug 8, 2016 5-Ingredient Dinners One-Pot Meals Quick & Easy 30-Minute Meals Soups, Stews & Chili Comfort Food Main Dishes Sheet Pan Dinners View All Meals Meals …
COLESLAW RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Web Coleslaw is a classic, simple side dish and can be made healthier by packing in more veg and omitting mayo Winter slaw with maple candied nuts 2 ratings A fresh and crunchy …
ROOT VEGETABLE COLESLAW RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Web 1. For the mayonnaise, combine the egg yolks, mustard and white wine vinegar in a food processor and blend for 1 minute. 2 egg yolks. 3/4 tsp English mustard. 3/4 tsp …
TASTY CABBAGE RECIPES THAT PROVE IT’S GREAT FOR MORE …
Web 2 days ago Start the pan-fried cabbage recipe in a skillet, then simultaneously steam the brats and apples in a combo of mustard and water. Stir together the sage-scented sour …
BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - EASY HOMEMADE COLESLAW RECIPE - EATING ON …
Web Mar 11, 2021 Cut off cabbage (leaving the core) and slice on mandolin slicer into thin strips. Julienne the carrots. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper together in a …
34+ SIMPLE & EASY VEGETABLE SIDE DISHES | WHOLEFULLY
Web This is one of our favorite recipes for summer when fresh herbs are abundant and tomatoes have the best flavor and texture. Cucumber Onion Salad. Like the tomato salad above, …
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
Web Aug 11, 2019 Instructions. Shred cabbage and carrots and add to a large bowl. In a small bowl combine the mayo, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper with a …
THE BEST WINTER VEG COLESLAW - BIGOVEN.COM
Web Put the veg into a mixing bowl. Slice the cabbage, onion and shallot as finely as you can and add to the bowl. In a separate bowl, mix half the lemon juice, a glug of extra virgin …
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FISH TACOS - IT IS A KEEPER
Web Mar 22, 2023 Coleslaw Side Dish for Fish Tacos. Coleslaw is a great option as a side dish for fish tacos because it helps to balance out the richness of the fish with its lightness …
WINTER VEGETABLE COLESLAW RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Web 200ml white wine vinegar 2 tsp caraway seeds 100g mayonnaise 100g soured cream Method Place all the vegetables in a large bowl and add the white wine vinegar and …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love