MAHARAJA CURRY RECIPE
Maharaja Curry is a delicious North-Indian recipe which is prepared with chicken. onions, tomatoes and spices. The sweet yet spicy flavours of this non-vegetarian dish delights your taste buds. This indulgent dish has its roots in the royal Indian kitchen. Try this delectable main dish which is easy to cook and awfully delicious. If you are bored of the regular Butter Chicken or Chicken Korma, go for this amazing chicken recipe on occasions like anniversaries, buffet or pot luck. Serve this lip-smacking delicacy with steamed rice or butter naan to your loved ones. You can also serve it with kulcha, paratha or biryani. Made with chicken breasts, Maharaja Curry is a must try Chicken preparation!
Provided by TNN
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Firstly, wash chicken breasts under running water and place them over a chopping board. Cut the pieces into cubes and keep them aside. Now, use a mincer and mince ginger and garlic cloves and keep them in separate bowls. Then, chop the tomatoes and finely chop onions and keep them aside.
- Next, place a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium flame and pour oil in it. Once the oil is heated, add cumin seeds. As the seeds start to splutter, add finely chopped onion and fry until golden brown in colour.
- Now, add turmeric, red chilli, garam masala, minced ginger and garlic in the pan. Cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Then, add this masala mixture in a blender with tomatoes and blend well. Make sure the consistency of the puree is smooth. Now, transfer the puree into the same saucepan and add chicken pieces. Turn the flame low and cook the mixture for 20-22 minutes. Serve hot with naan, paratha or steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 bowl, Calories 296 cal
THE MAHARAJA'S CHICKEN CURRY
Nutty, creamy, rich as a Maharajah this is in the super curry league. Poppy seeds, almonds and pistachio nuts all add to the flavour, and help thicken the sauce.
Provided by Brian Holley
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Melt half of the ghee in a pot over medium heat and fry the onions, ginger, garlic, red and green chillies for 5 minutes Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool a little.
- In a blender process the yogurt with the cooked onion mixture to make a puree.
- Heat the remaining ghee over medium heat and add the cumin seeds,ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric and black pepper with the poppy seeds. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the meat stir fry for 5 mins, cover the pot and cook on low for 20 mins, stir every few minutes.
- Add the blended onions to the pot and add 6 fluid oz water and the salt, bring to the boil and simmer covered till the meat is tender. Stir so that the sauce does not stick or burn.
- Add the ground almonds, stir and cook uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and remove the pot from the heat.
- Serve garnished with the coriander leaves and sprinkled with the pistachio nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 600.7, Fat 44.9, SaturatedFat 15.7, Cholesterol 140.2, Sodium 991.1, Carbohydrate 19.2, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 7.7, Protein 32.9
"This is a really nice Indian recipe, taught to me by an elderly Indian lady, who used to cook for all her family. It is a simple recipe and tastes lovely served with rice. You can also use mutton instead of chicken."
Provided by Jane Gib
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cumin seed and cook until they start to pop, 20 to 45 seconds. Stir in onion, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with turmeric, cayenne, garam masala, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Puree the mixture with the tomatoes in a blender until smooth. Return the puree to the saucepan, and add the chicken. Simmer gently until the chicken has cooked, about 20 minutes; add water as needed while cooking to maintain desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.3, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 82.6, Carbohydrate 13.6, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 6.5, Protein 25.9
More about "the maharajas chicken curry recipes"
DUNGARPUR CHICKEN CURRY | RECIPE FROM DUNGARPUR …
CHICKEN MUMTAZ RECIPE – SIZZLING MURGH MUMTAZ MAHAL
CHICKEN BAGHELI CURRY - RAVI SISODIYA CHICKEN …
CHICKEN PATHIA FROM SCRATCH | ONE PAN CURRY RECIPE | THE CURRY …
THE $100,000 CURRY CHICKEN - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
MUTTON MAHARAJA CURRY - RAVI SISODIYA MUTTON MAHARAJA CURRY
RAJASTHANI RED CHICKEN CURRY - RAVI SISODIYA RAVI SISODIYA
ROYAL DINING: THE LURE OF EATING LIKE THE MAHARAJAS – FOOD & RECIPES
ROYAL INDIAN CUISINE: RECIPES FROM THE KITCHENS OF MAHARAJAS
THE MAHARAJA'S CHICKEN CURRY | RECIPE | CURRY RECIPES, …
THE MAHARAJA'S CHICKEN CURRY - PLAIN.RECIPES
You'll also love