PEA SHOOTS (STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS -- CHOW DAU MIU)
Pea shoots are the tips of the vines and the top set of leaves of the pea plant. I was introduced to these by my BIL a couple of years ago. I found no recipes for it here or on line. Which lead me to add my recipe.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Rinse the pea shoots thoroughly in cold water twice, lightly drain.
- In a large wok or skillet over high heat, heat oils add ginger, garlic and sugar. Toss and add shoots, soy, & oyster sauce.
- Stir-fry for two to three minutes, or until the leaves soften and are tender. Remove shoots leaving the liquid in pan. Place shoots on serving dish. Reduce the remaining liquid by 1/2. Pour over shoots and serve immediately.
TO STIR-FRY PEA SHOOTS
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over high heat until surface of oil ripples. Add smashed garlic cloves and dried hot red pepper flakes, then stir-fry until garlic is pale golden. Toss in shoots and stir-fry until wilted and tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
STIR FRIED PEA PODS
Garnered from my friends on the rice cooker site. It looks so good and EASY! There's plenty of leaway to experiment with your preferences. Instead of the boullion I used beef broth.
Provided by Nana Lee
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Dissolve bouillon granules in boiling water, add soy sauce and cornstarch mixture, set aside.
- Drain bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- Preheat wok, on high and add oil.
- Stir fry garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn as this will produce a bitter flavor in the finished dish.
- Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, mushrooms and pea pods to wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in bouillon mixture and continue cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove to serving platter and garnish with cashew nuts if desired.
PEA-SHOOT AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY
- Stir together ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add celery and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until just tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil to wok. Add snow peas and mushrooms; cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil to wok. Add bok choy; cook, turning frequently, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet; set aside.
- Raise heat to medium-high. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil to wok. Add bell pepper, and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add reserved soy-sauce mixture, and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add reserved cooked vegetables to wok, and cook, tossing frequently, until vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove wok from heat; toss in scallions and pea shoots. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and with red-pepper flakes, if desired.
More about "to stir fry pea shoots recipes"
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.5/5 (24)Estimated Reading Time 40 secsServings 4
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC (蒜蓉炒豆苗)
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 17 minsCategory SideCalories 77 per serving
- If time allows, snip the tough ends off the pea shoots to yield the best result - transfer the pea shoots onto your working surface. Work on them one stem at a time. Use your finger to feel the ends. The pea shoot stem should be crisp and break apart easily. Snip off and discard any part that feels tough, meaning if you bend it and it doesn’t break. If the pea shoot is too long, break it in two so it’s easier to bite.
- Once you’ve done the first step, rinse the pea shoots with running water and gently rub with your fingers to remove any dirt. Drain and set aside. Note, it’s OK if the pea shoots are not completely dry.
- Heat the oil in a wok (or large carbon steel pan, or nonstick pan) over medium-high heat until hot. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir a few times to release the fragrance.
- Add the snow pea shoots. Fold with your spatula to coat well with oil. Pour in Shaoxing wine and sprinkle with salt. Stir a few more times to mix well, until the pea shoots are just withered. The whole process should take a minute or so. Immediately transfer everything to a plate.
HOW TO COOK PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC - SIMPLY ASIAN
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
STIR-FRY PEA SHOOTS, PORK & MUSHROOM - NOOB COOK RECIPES
EASY STIR FRIED PEA SHOOTS AT HOME - YOUTUBE
PEA SHOOTS RECIPE CHINESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STIR-FRY PEA SHOOTS, PORK & MUSHROOM - NOOB COOK RECIPES
WHY WE LOVE PEA SHOOTS—AND HOW TO STIR FRY THEM AT …
CHINESE STIR FRIED PEA SHOOTS • STEAMY KITCHEN RECIPES …
5 MINUTE STIR FRIED GARLIC PEA SHOOTS - HEALTHY WORLD …
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS | CANADIAN LIVING
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS AND SHIITAKES WITH SHRIMP RECIPE
STIR-FRIED SNOW PEA SHOOTS WITH PANCETTA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HOW TO USE FRESH PEA SHOOTS | ALLRECIPES
SNOW PEA LEAVES STIR FRIED WITH GARLIC - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
PEA TIPS STIR-FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
PEA SHOOTS STIR-FRY | EDIBLE OJAI & VENTURA COUNTY
STIR-FRIED GARLICKY SNOW PEA SHOOTS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
STIR FRIED GARLIC DOU MIAO (PEA SHOOTS) - BUDGETPANTRY
STIR FRIED PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC - WOK AND KIN
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS RECIPE - OFF THE MUCK MARKET
STIR-FRIED SNOW PEA LEAVES WITH GARLIC - THE WOKS OF LIFE
COLORFUL PEA SHOOT STIR-FRY - GINGER AND CILANTRO
STIR FRIED PEA SHOOTS RECIPE & VIDEO - SEONKYOUNG LONGEST
STIR-FRIED GARLIC SNOW PEA SHOOTS WITH CRABMEAT - KAREN'S KITCHEN …
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC (DòU MIáO 豆苗) - FOODELICACY
STIR-FRIED CALAMARI AND PEA SHOOTS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
STIR-FRIED PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC | WILLIAMS SONOMA
TO STIR-FRY PEA SHOOTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STIR FRY PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC - OH SNAP! LET'S EAT!
SAUTéED PEA SHOOTS WITH GARLIC RECIPE | EATINGWELL
THE BEST GARLIC PEA SPROUTS RECIPE | DIM SUM CENTRAL
BIG PEA SHOOTS STIR-FRIED WITH GARLIC
PEA SHOOT STIR FRY - SPROUTPEOPLE
TOFU & STRING PEA STIR-FRY MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
PEA SHOOTS AND GARLIC STIR FRY RECIPE | V FOR VEGGY
PEA SHOOTS PASTA - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
STIR FRY CHINESE PEA SHOOTS 炒豆苗 | CHINESE RECIPES AT …
You'll also love