QUICK TUNA-STUFFED TOMATOES
Fresh tomatoes are hollowed out, then filled with a flavorful tuna salad mixture that gets crunch from celery and cashews.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell for each. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. , In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery salt, dill and pepper. Stir in the tuna, celery and cashews if desired. Spoon into tomato shells.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 746mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HERB STUFFED TOMATOES
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, horizontally. Use a small spoon to gently hollow out the inside of the tomatoes, discarding the seeds and reserving the pulp and being careful not to puncture the outer shell. Chop the reserved pulp and put in a medium bowl. Add the parsley, bread crumbs, cheese, and pepper and mix gently to combine. Place the tomato halves in a buttered casserole dish, and fill with the bread crumb mixture. Drizzle the top of the tomatoes with olive oil. Bake until the tops are browned, about 20 minutes.
TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES
- Cut off the top 1/2-inch from the core side of the tomatoes. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and flesh surrounding them, leaving the exterior intact in a bowl shape.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, anchovies and garlic. Doing this will help disperse the anchovies evenly with the rest of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tuna, cucumbers, parsley, olives, tomatoes, capers, onions and shallots. Season with salt and pepper and dress in the anchovy mixture. Add more olive oil as needed to moisten the mixture, but it should not be wet.
- Divide the filling among the tomatoes and top with some Toasted Garlic and Herb Breadcrumbs and shaved ricotta salata.
- Cut the crusts from the bread and tear it into small pieces. Place in a food processor and pulse until a coarse-crumb consistency is reached. In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil together over medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and toss to coat and continue to cook, stirring constantly. When the breadcrumbs begin to brown, stir in the parsley and garlic, and toast until golden brown, an additional minute. Remove from the pan and cool.
Make our stuffed tomato recipe for a tasty Healthy Living Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes dish! Everyone will love our stuffed tomato recipe.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes.
- Use serrated knife to partially cut tomatoes into wedges, starting at top of each tomato and being careful to not cut through to bottom of tomato.
- Fill tomatoes with tuna mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 18 g
Here's a real treat for tuna (and tomato) lovers! Try topping these broiled tomatoes with cheddar cheese for a different taste.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, separate tuna into very small pieces. Add bread crumbs, onion, mustard, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning and egg; mix well. In a medium saucepan, cook mixture for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Set aside. Slice off 1/2 in. of each tomato top. Leaving a 1/4-in.-thick shell, scoop out pulp and discard. Spoon tuna mixture into shells and place in a baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and brown lightly under broiler. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA
- Wash tomatoes and cut off tops, scoop out the pulp and seeds.
- Sprinkle the insides lightly with salt and turn upside down on a board. Chop up the pulp.
- In a medium bowl, add the tomato pulp, tuna, capers, celery, parsley and basil. Mix well, making sure to break up the tuna chunks.
- Add the mayonaise and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add salt & pepper to tase, if desired.
- Fill the tomato cavities with the tuna mixture and refrigerate about 1 hour before serving.
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND HERBS
These are wonderful to serve for a lunch, or a light dinner, great for summertime, as they don't require any cooking. They can be made several hours in advance and refrigerated, just bring almost to room temperature and serve.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut a 3/4-inch slice off of the stem of each tomato; reserve the tops.
- With a spoon, carefully scoop out the pulp and discard.
- Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with salt, and place tomatoes unside down on paper towels to drain for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the capers, pine nuts, parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the flaked tuna; mix together gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the inside of the tomatoes with pepper.
- Fill the tomatoes evenly with the tuna filling.
- Cover with the reserved tomato tops, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.1, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 8.5, Sodium 262.6, Carbohydrate 6.8, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 3.6, Protein 16
More about "tomatoes stuffed with tuna capers and herbs recipes"
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA AND CAPERS RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Go Local if possible: Tomatoes do not become more flavorful and develop adequate flavor unless allowed to ripen on the vine. They will change color and soften, but the sugar, acid, and aroma compounds are locked in once the fruit is taken off the vine. So, choose vine-ripened tomatoes, preferably locally grown, because the less the tomatoes have to travel, the more likely they were picked ripe. Seek out locally grown tomatoes whenever possible. They may not be as "pretty" as store bought, but beauty, of course, is only skin deep.
- With a spoon, carefully scoop out the pulp and discard. Sprinkle the inside of the tomatoes with salt and place the tomatoes upside down on paper towels to drain for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the capers, pine nuts, parsley, oregano, olive oil, and lemon juice. Add the flaked tuna and mix together gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH WHITE BEAN SALAD - 2 SISTERS …
BROILED TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE | STARKIST
TUNA MELT STUFFED TOMATOES THE ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD …
STUFFED TOMATOES WITH TUNA | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA AND CAPERS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 4Total Time 40 mins
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA AND CAPERS RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
STUFFED TOMATOES: TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES
TUNA SALAD STUFFED TOMATOES | WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES - SWEET AND SALTY
TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S LOW CARB!
HERBED TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH ROAST PEPPERS, TUNA, CAPERS, AND OLIVES
TUNA SALAD STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES - DAILY DISH RECIPES
TUNA-STUFFED TOMATOES | RICARDO
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA / POMODORI RIPIENI CON TONNO
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND HERBS RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
STUFFED TOMATO RECIPE WITH TUNA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
RECIPE TIP: TOMATOES WITH TUNA FILLING - FALSTAFF
TOMATO STUFFED WITH TUNA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA, CAPERS, AND HERBS RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
BARLEY AND TUNA STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE BY PAOLA WESTBEEK
TUNA-STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE | HEALTH.COM
STUFFED TOMATOES WITH RICE AND TUNA RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
STUFFED TOMATO ROLLS- STUFFED TUNA, ARTICHOKE CREAM & CAPERS
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA AND DILL — MY SKI KITCHEN
QUICK TUNA STEAKS WITH A TOMATO AND CAPER DRESSING - DELICIOUS.
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA SALAD - RECIPE
LINGUINE WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - THE TOMATO
SIMPLE PLEASURES: TUNA-STUFFED TOMATOES - OUR ITALIAN TABLE
RECIPE: TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA, CAPERS, AND HERBS
RECIPE FOR TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA | DELICIOUS HEALTHY RECIPES ...
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND HERBS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
RECIPE: JACQUES PEPIN'S TUNA-STUFFED TOMATO (WITH ANCHOVIES, …
RACHEL RODDY’S RECIPE FOR TOMATOES STUFFED WITH RICE, TUNA AND …
HERB STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE - ALARMKUCANGGIH.BLOGSPOT.COM
You'll also love