TRUFFLE LOBSTER MAC N' CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the lobster butter: In small bowl, add the lobster roe and macerate with a whisk. Add 2 tablespoons butter and emulsify the roe with the butter.
- Make the breadcrumbs: Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until melted and foamy, about 1 minute. Stir in the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Make a bechamel: In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and heavy cream.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the rosemary and saute until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it forms a light golden paste (make sure it doesn't brown), 5 to 6 minutes. Add the warm milk and cream and whisk until incorporated. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes. Add the cheeses and whisk while the bechamel cooks, but do not let it boil. Cook until the cheeses are melted, then remove from the heat and season to taste with salt.
- Add the lobster butter and truffle butter to the bechamel and stir to fully incorporate. Add the cooked pasta and lobster meat and stir gently to combine. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Bake until heated through and bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes.
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH LOBSTER AND SUMMER TRUFFLES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- SAUCE: In a heavy bottom saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots and lightly sweat. Add the flour, stirring in with a wooden spoon, lightly browning for 5 minutes. Add the scalded milk and stir constantly with a wire whisk. Add the mascarpone cheese and fava beans. Season with kosher salt and white pepper to taste. Remove from heat and reserve.
- CRUST: Mix the panko, Parmesan cheese and parsley in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Moisten with truffle oil. Season lightly with kosher salt and white pepper.
- In each of the cassoulet dishes, slice 1/2 of a lobster, arranging it in a circular pattern in the center of each dish. Reserve claws. Layer slices of summer truffles on top of the lobster. Add the macaroni to the sauce base, adjust the seasoning with salt and white pepper. Cover the lobster with the macaroni and sauce, dividing it evenly between the 4 dishes, filling up to the top. Place lobster claw in the center of each dish. Cover with the breadcrumb topping. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until the top is golden brown and the cassoulet is hot all the way through (about 15 minutes). Serve with Louis Roderer L'Ermitage cuvee and enjoy!
MAINE LOBSTER MACARONI CHEESE WITH TRUFFLE OIL
- Bring a pot of water to boiling for the pasta. Saute lobster meat in oil until it is no longer translucent, and set aside. Cook the pasta until al dente and drain well so that you don't have excess cooking water which will dilute the flavor. While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, and add the onion and garlic, cooking until translucent, being careful not to burn it. Add the flour a little at a time to make a roux. Do this gradually because some batches of flour absorb more than others and you may not need as much. Add the bay leaves, and then incorporate the vegetable or fish stock a little at a time to form a smooth sauce. Simmer for a least 10 minutes to allow the flour to "cook out," then remove the bay leaves. Add the heavy cream and Cheddar, then season with salt and white pepper. Stir the lobster meat into the cheese mixture, then fold in as much pasta as you need to acquire the right consistency for macaroni and cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle sparingly with truffle oil and garnish with chopped chives.
TRUFFLED MAC AND CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large (12-inch) sauté pan, add the mushrooms, and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Add the sherry and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sherry is absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add a tablespoon of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta, cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Scald the milk in a medium saucepan. Melt the truffle butter in a large (4-quart) saucepan and whisk in the flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Slowly add the scalded milk and cook for 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thick and creamy. Off the heat, add the Gruyère, Cheddar, 2 tablespoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper, and the nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, the cream sauce, and two thirds of the mushrooms and pour into a 10 × 13 × 2-inch ovenproof baking dish. Place the bread, garlic, and parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process to make fine crumbs. Sprinkle the herbed crumbs evenly on the pasta and arrange the remaining mushrooms down the middle.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the crumbs are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve hot.
LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Reserve about 2 cups of the hot pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink, and rinse with cold water to cool. Set aside.
- Return the pasta water to the large pot, and place the lobster halves in the pot, cut-side up. Return the water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and steam the lobster just until the meat firms and turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove the lobster and allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the meat and cut into bite sized pieces. Reserve the shells.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes; scrape the onions into a small bowl and set aside. Place the reserved lobster shells, garlic, shallots, peppercorns, and milk into the saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 5 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour, and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Strain the milk through a mesh sieve. Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture is thick and smooth, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the Gruyere, Cheddar, and Romano cheeses into the thickened milk mixture until melted and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the reserved lobster, onions, and macaroni. Pour the macaroni into a 4 quart casserole and smooth the top. Sprinkle evenly with the panko crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbly, and the top is golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 912.7 calories, Carbohydrate 55.4 g, Cholesterol 217.7 mg, Fat 49.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 60.9 g, SaturatedFat 29.7 g, Sodium 1112.7 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: lobster tail, homemade breadcrumb, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, unsalted butter, all-purpose flour, cognac, whole milk, sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded comte cheese, grated parmesan cheese, mascarpone cheese, pasta, fresh chives
Provided by Dylan Keith
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Boil the lobster tails in salted water until just cooked through, about 12 minutes. -- Cook 1 minute per ounce (28g).
- When cool, remove the meat and dice. Set aside.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk, cook about a minute.
- Add the Cognac and whisk. The mixture will thicken immediately.
- Slowly add the milk, while whisking.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir occasionally until it starts to bubble.
- The sauce will thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- When it reaches this stage, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sharp cheddar, Comte and parmesan cheeses, one handful at a time, whisking to incorporate. When one handful is melted, add the next.
- When all the shredded cheese has been added, add the mascarpone and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and ½ of the lobster, reserving about ½ for the top.
- Pour into a bake dish, and top with reserved lobster and buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 718 calories, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 40 grams, Sugar 7 grams
CHEF JOHN'S LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE
You can actually prep these ahead and bake before that romantic, possibly Valentine's, dinner. You probably want to take them out and let them warm up for 30 minutes before baking. By the way, only bake these until the tops are browned and the inside is just hot.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter 2 gratin dishes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook lobster tails in skillet until slightly golden and about halfway cooked-through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer tails to a plate to rest. When cool enough to handle, remove lobster meat from shells and chop meat. Reserve shells.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook and stir until a paste forms and flour taste cooks off, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cold milk to flour mixture; whisk until completely incorporated. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low, and stir in paprika, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Season sauce with salt.
- Stir Cheddar cheese and Gruyere cheese into milk mixture until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir Worcestershire sauce into cheese sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water with reserved lobster tails and a pinch of salt to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Remove and discard lobster shells, drain pasta.
- Stir macaroni into cheese sauce with thyme leaves. Divide macaroni mixture between the 2 prepared gratin dishes. Top macaroni with chopped lobster meat, poking meat down into macaroni mixture with a fork.
- Stir bread crumbs and melted butter together in a bowl. Add Parmesan cheese and stir. Top each gratin dish with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 974.8 calories, Carbohydrate 61.8 g, Cholesterol 282.6 mg, Fat 53 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 63.3 g, SaturatedFat 30.1 g, Sodium 1767.3 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
More about "truffled lobster mac and cheese recipes"
TRUFFLE LOBSTER MACARONI N' CHEESE - NO SPOON NECESSARY
5/5 (12)Total Time 50 minsCategory Entree, Side DishCalories 1028 per serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions in heavily salted water, making sure to cook the noodles until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 ½ cups pasta water. Set aside
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cool until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, an additional 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and whisk to coat. Add in the cayenne, mustard powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook, whisking constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add in the milk, heavy cream and bay leaf. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a gentle simmer, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to maintain simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf and discard.
TRUFFLED LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE - RECIPE
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 1210 per serving
TRUFFLED LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE | BETTER HOMES
Calories 693 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add mushrooms and leeks to the reserved drippings; cook about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir crumbled bacon, mushroom mixture, lobster meat, Gruyere cheese, half-and-half, blue cheese, truffle oil, and cayenne pepper into cooked pasta. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir gently. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over pasta mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes more or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH TRUFFLE OIL
MAINE LOBSTER TRUFFLE MAC & CHEESE RECIPE BY TAMMYPETERS
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | TRUFFLED MAC & CHEESE
2 LOBSTER TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE | BAKED BY RACHEL
LOBSTER & TRUFFLE MAC & CHEESE - COOKING WITH COCKTAIL RINGS
LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE RED LOBSTER COPYCAT BEST RECIPES
LOBSTER TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE | COMFORT FOOD
BLACK TRUFFLE LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE - CHEF SHAMY
WHITE TRUFFLE LOBSTER MAC N’ CHEESE – THE NAUGHTY FORK
TRUFFLE LOBSTER MAC N' CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
LOBSTER TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE - FOUR SEASONS OF AUTUMN
LOBSTER TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE
TRUFFLED MAC AND CHEESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TRUFFLED LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TRUFFLED LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE
LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE | COOKDRANKEAT
LOBSTER TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - RECIPESFANTASTIC.COM
TRUFFLE LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE - HAPPILY
RUTH’S CHRIS LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE, THE FUSION OF ITALIAN …
LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH TRUFFLE OIL - BIGOVEN
TRUFFLED LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE CROQUETTES WITH TRUFFLE AIOLI
TRUFFLED LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE – RECIPES NETWORK
555 LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE RECIPE - MAINE WOMEN MAGAZINE
THE CAPITAL GRILLE LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - SECRET …
LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
TRUFFLE LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE — ANDREW J. VAGNER
BEST TRUFFLE LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
TRUFFLE LOBSTER MACARONI N' CHEESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
MUSHROOM MACARONI CHEESE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TRUFFLED LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
THE CHOPHOUSE LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT …
LOBSTER TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lobster macaroni and Mac and cheese?Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for a minute or two more, until thickened and smooth. Off the heat, add the Gruyere, Cheddar, 1 tablespoon salt, the pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well.
What is truffle lobster Mac n' Cheese?This Truffle Lobster Mac n' Cheese is filled with succulent chunks of lobster meat, packed with three decadent cheeses and drizzled with smooth, pungent truffle oil. This is the perfect dish for when you want to indulge and eat like a king or queen!
What is the best way to cook lobster cheese sauce?For the lobster cheese sauce: Heat a stockpot with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the lobster shell-side down and saute for 6 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and peppercorns and sweat the vegetables, then add the brandy and cook for about 4 minutes. Remove the lobster and set aside.
How to cook lobster pasta?Place the pasta pieces on a lightly-floured baking sheet or plate. For the lobster cheese sauce: Heat a stockpot with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the lobster shell-side down and saute for 6 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and peppercorns and sweat the vegetables, then add the brandy and cook for about 4 minutes.