THE BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. And that's it! With these little tweaks, the result is a cookie that's textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Absolutely perfect!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 12 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 23 grams
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack, or after-school treat. This cookie-which is made in the soft and chewy style-gives you both the nostalgia of childhood bake sales and the satisfying, grown-up flavors of dark chocolate. After just three steps and a quick bake in the oven, the only thing you'll need is a glass of cold milk or frothy coffee.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the upper and lower third positions. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon measure, drop heaping portions of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
BEST BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 110.7 mg, Sugar 27.7 g
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Bookmark this recipe as your new go-to option for delicious, soft, and chewy chocolate chip cookies made from scratch. This simple recipe produces an extra-large batch of cookies, perfect for bringing to any-size gathering, gifting to a friend or setting out on the counter at home for the whole family to enjoy. The best chocolate chip cookies don't have to come from the bakery down the street-they can be created and perfected right from your own kitchen and with ingredients you likely already have on hand in your pantry. Don't forget to slow down when baking this delicious and classic recipe, and just enjoy the process of making these amazing homemade cookies.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
I modified Beatrice's Excellent Oatmeal cookies very slightly. I came up with something that my boyfriend went CRAZY over! I've never seen him enjoy cookies to that extent! He said I blew his mother's recipe away.
Provided by PANTHERA
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 107.2 mg, Sugar 9.8 g
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Enjoy these chewy chocolate chip cookies with a cup of tea. If you have time, leave the dough overnight for the best flavour and texture
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix the butter and sugar together using an electric whisk or hand whisk until very light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Fold in the flour, baking powder, chocolate and ¼ tsp salt as quickly as you can. Don't overwork the dough as this will toughen the cookies.
- For the best flavour, leave the mixture overnight: either cover the bowl and chill, or roll the mixture into balls and chill.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking sheets with parchment. Divide the mixture into balls, the craggier the balls, the rougher the cookies will look. If you want to give the dough more texture, tear the balls in half and squidge them lightly back together. Space out evenly on the baking sheets, leaving enough space between each to allow for spreading.
- Bake the fresh cookies for 8-10 mins and the chilled ones for 10-12 mins, or until browned and a little crisp at the edges but still very soft in the middle - they will harden a little as they cool. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before eating warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Will keep for three days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
More about "chewy chocolate chip cookies recipes"
30 MINUTE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
Reviews 84Servings 38
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, remembering to scrape the sides.
- If you are using an electric mixer, let your butter soften on the counter for at least a few minutes. (Or live dangerously and put it in the microwave for one minute on power level ONE.
- I do this all the time. Who remembers to soften butter?? Not this girl.)Once your butter is creamy, add the brown sugar and white sugar.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE: THICK N’ CHEWY | THE KITCHEN ...
Ratings 303Calories 220 per servingCategory Dessert
- Cream together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. .
- When that is done, fold in the two cups of chocolate chips by hand, and prepare to put them on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - I HEART EATING
4.9/5 (122)Calories 160 per servingCategory Dessert
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. The butter should be just melted. If you want to brown the butter, please see the note below.
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
4.9/5 (120)Category Dessert
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, cream the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract one at a time until fully combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and continue mixing until just combined, then mix in the chocolate chips on low-speed until fully incorporated into the cookie dough.
ANNA OLSON'S CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3.6/5 (340)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 36Calories 126 per serving See details »
THE ULTIMATE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - HUFFPOST
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (609)Total Time 23 minsCategory DessertsCalories 250 per serving See details »
SUPER CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
4.9/5 (10)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 12 hrs 30 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix just until everything is evenly incorporated and it's smooth.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (EASY SOFT CHEWY ) - CAFE DELITES
4.9/5 (99)Category CookiesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 32 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds to just barely melt it (half soft and half melted).
- Beat the butter with the brown and white sugar/s until creamy and pale in colour and sugar has dissolved. Pour in the syrup, vanilla and the egg, and lightly beat until just mixed through.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until combined. If needed, add in one tablespoon of the 'extra' flour at a time until the dough is still soft but easy to handle and firm enough to form one large ball (the dough should not be dry. I only needed 3 tablespoons of the extra flour).
THE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
4.6/5 (371)Category SweetsServings 24Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Heat oven to 375°F and place the racks in the top third and bottom third of the oven. Line 4 half-sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour the butter into the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the sugars and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 (373)Category Dessert
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally, whisk in the vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft, yet thick. Fold in the chocolate chunks. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to combine them. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or up to 3-4 days. Chilling is mandatory. I highly recommend chilling the cookie dough overnight for less spreading. (Some readers have asked if it’s possible to roll into balls and then chill, but I don’t recommend it. The cookie dough is quite sticky and loose to section into balls before chilling.)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 37 minsServings 36Calories 139 per serving
- In a medium bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer), beat the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup until fluffy.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - HEALTHNUT NUTRITION
Category Dessert, SnackTotal Time 20 mins
- In a medium bowl, with a hand-held electric mixer, beat the coconut sugar with the coconut oil for 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the sides, add the vanilla and egg, and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until well combined and no flour is visible. Fold in the chocolate chips.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
5/5 (4)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl; microwave to soften butter to a melting point, but do not melt it. You just need the butter to be soft enough to mix around with the other ingredients.
- Remove from microwave; whisk in brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla; whisk until smooth.
SOFT CHEWY CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - GIMME ...
5/5 (18)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 90 per serving
- In a mixing bowl with metal paddle attachment, add the butter, golden yellow sugar and granulated sugar and and mix on medium speed until creamy textured is achieved.
GIANT CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
5/5 (16)Calories 438 per servingCategory Dessert See details »
SOFT AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BECEL CANADA
Servings 26Energy (kJ) 0 kJEnergy (kcal) 0 kcal
- In large bowl, beat together Becel® Original, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Let cool for 2 minutes in pan on rack; transfer cookies directly to rack and let cool completely.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | A SECRET INGREDIENT COOKIE ...
4.3/5 (8)Total Time 20 minsCategory CookiesCalories 136 per serving
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in the corn syrup, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and continue mixing for 1 minute until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
IRRESISTIBLE CHEWY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
See details »
CHOCOLATE COOKIES | BEST CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ...
See details »
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE BY TRAVEL DINER - COOKPAD
See details »
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | DONNA HAY
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #drop-cookies #desserts #lunch #oven #easy #beginner-cook #finger-food #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #vegetarian #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #grains #dietary #comfort-food #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation
You'll also love