TURKEY QUINOA SALAD WITH BEANS AND CORN
Nutrition abounds in this side-dish salad made from fiber-rich beans, protein-rich turkey, lutein-packed corn, bell peppers rich in vitamin C and also quinoa, an easy-to-prepare whole grain.
Provided by cannedfood
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 8 salads, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preparation Time: Approximately 10 minutes.
- Cook Time: Approximately 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, corn, turkey, bell pepper and green onion. Add quinoa, dressing, cilantro, and if desired, green chilies. Toss gently to combine.
- Servings: 8.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 210; Total fat 6g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 410mg; Carbohydrate 30g; Fiber 6g; Protein 11g; Vitamin A 10%DV**; Vitamin C 50%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 20%DV; Folate 11%DV; Potassium 11%DV *Can be substituted with cooked brown rice or whole-wheat couscous
- **Daily Value.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.1, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 14.8, Sodium 114.9, Carbohydrate 21.4, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 2.1, Protein 9.6
CHARGRILLED TURKEY WITH QUINOA TABBOULEH & TAHINI DRESSING
- Tip the quinoa into a saucepan and pour over 600ml water. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer until the water has evaporated (just as you'd cook rice) - about 20 mins. Take off the lid and leave to cool while you prepare the turkey and salad.
- Tip the cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions and herbs into a large mixing bowl. Pour over 1 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice, season well and mix everything together.
- Heat a griddle pan and, when smoking hot, rub the turkey steaks with 1 tsp olive oil. Cook for about 5 mins on each side, depending on thickness. Stir together all the dressing ingredients along with 3 tbsp water. Toss the quinoa together with the salad and arrange on plates. Cut the turkey into thick slices, pile up on the quinoa and drizzle over the dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 46 grams protein, Sodium 0.24 milligram of sodium
AVOCADO TURKEY SALAD
Grape tomatoes and avocado chunks add pretty color and fresh flavor to this main-dish salad. In a pinch, substitute half-and half or milk for the whipping cream, adding a teaspoon at a time until you get the desired consistency. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients until smooth. Add the greens, turkey, avocado and tomatoes; toss to coat. Top with coarse ground pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 17g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 141mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
TURKEY AND QUINOA MEATBALLS
I developed this recipe with turkey and quinoa, but have since used it successfully with just about every type of ground meat and variety of grain. The addition of grains not only adds nutritional value and keeps the texture light, but also helps those on a budget stretch a small amount of quality meat into a bigger meal. It's simple, clean, nutritious eating but will please even the pickiest of meatloaf lovers. Make extra grains and serve those alongside a green salad, steamed asparagus, or roasted vegetables. Enjoy!
Provided by mfbama
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- Combine turkey, quinoa, eggs, parsley, sage, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Add celery mixture and 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture; mix until well-combined.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture on the bottom of two 9-inch square baking dishes. Form turkey mixture into meatballs with damp hands. Pour remaining 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture over the meatballs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and ketchup mixture is thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.4 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Cholesterol 175 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 34.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 1657.3 mg, Sugar 18.7 g
TURKEY AND QUINOA MEATLOAF
I always found turkey meatloaf to be quite disappointing. The flavor is usually lacking as well as the texture. Well, I have developed this version that has a great texture and a surprisingly good flavor (my brother couldn't even tell that it wasn't beef)! The secret is the quinoa, which adds wonderful texture and is much nuttier than breadcrumbs. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Provided by Andrew Benoit
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
- Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 120.8 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 25.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 967.6 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
More about "turkey and quinoa salad recipes"
LEFTOVER TURKEY QUINOA SALAD - | BAKERSBEANS (WANDA …
Ratings 5Category Dinner, Lunch, Salad, SideServings 4Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Pour 1 tsp of olive oil into a saucepan. Over medium heat add in chopped turkey and a sprinkle of your favourite spices. Saute until turkey & spices have become happy and warmed through (a few minutes).
- Add turkey, brussels sprouts, squash, green onion, dried cranberries, parsley, salt & pepper, a drizzle of olive oil. Gentley stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and if required add another pinch salt & pepper.
- To serve sprinkle with toasted pecans, another drizzle of olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
TURKEY-QUINOA SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (7)Total Time 37 minsServings 4Calories 364 per serving
- In a small saucepan combine broth and quinoa. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain any excess broth. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl; fluff with a fork.
- Add kale, apple, turkey, celery, onion, cheese, apricots, and walnuts; toss to combine. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve; toss before serving.
MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA AND TURKEY SALAD - PILLERS
TURKEY QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - NUTRITIONAL WEIGHT & WELLNESS
Servings 4Category Turkey
MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD - SKINNYTASTE
ASIAN GROUND TURKEY AND QUINOA BOWL - CHEF NAT
MEDITERRANEAN-QUINOA-SALAD-WITH-GROUND-TURKEY - SANDI GRIFFIN
CABBAGE QUINOA SALAD WITH TURKEY KABANOS AND TAHINI DRESSING
END-OF-SUMMER QUINOA SALAD - THE PIONEER WOMAN
QUINOA TUNA SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST GROUND TURKEY QUINOA RECIPES | YUMMLY
TURKEY AND QUINOA SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SERIOUSLY GOOD QUINOA SALAD - INSPIRED TASTE
15 QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CRANBERRY TURKEY QUINOA SALAD - LISA'S DINNERTIME DISH
LEFTOVER TURKEY QUINOA SALAD WITH CRANBERRY VINAIGRETTE
CURRIED TURKEY AND QUINOA SALAD - CLOSET COOKING
ZESTY QUINOA SALAD - FOOD RECIPES
TURKEY SALAD (GREAT FOR LEFTOVER TURKEY) - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
WEEKNIGHT THAI TURKEY QUINOA SALAD WITH FRESH CUCUMBER & MINT
FAVORITE QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
QUINOA WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE | QUINOA SALAD RECIPE | NOW FOODS
TURKEY CURRY QUINOA SALAD - | BAKERSBEANS (WANDA BAKER)
TURKEY AND QUINOA SALAD | RECIPE | QUINOA RECIPES HEALTHY, FOOD …
QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - TURKEY SALAD - WOMAN'S DAY
TURKEY AND QUINOA SALAD | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, QUINOA …
QUINOA SALAD WITH TURKEY AND FETTA - REAL RECIPES FROM MUMS
QUINOA, BLACK BEAN, AND SMOKED TURKEY SALAD RECIPE - HANNAFORD
MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD WITH GROUND TURKEY – SANDI GRIFFIN
TURKEY AND QUINOA SALAD - MASTERCOOK
TURKEY AND QUINOA SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
TURKISH STYLE QUINOA SALAD RECIPE
10 BEST QUINOA YOGURT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROUND TURKEY QUINOA CASSEROLE - IFOODREAL.COM
EASY TURKEY SAUSAGE QUINOA - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
LEFTOVER TURKEY HARVEST COBB SALAD - QUINOA RECIPE
MEXICAN QUINOA TURKEY SAUSAGE SALAD - MOVE DAILY
CREAMY TURKEY SOUP WITH QUINOA - RACHEL COOKS®
TURKEY QUINOA PROTEIN BOWL - TODAY'S PARENT
TURKEY QUINOA MEATLOAF RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
QUINOA TURKEY TACO SALAD - MY SEQUINED LIFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I make with quinoa?—Mary Shenk, DeKalb, Illinois Find more amazing quinoa recipes for grain bowls, burgers and side dishes. With Brussels sprouts for the green and cranberries for the red, I make a cheery Christmastime salad. Refreshing and versatile, it works with any kind of nut or dried fruit. —Cameron Stell, Los Angeles, California
How do you make light and fluffy quinoa salad?Here’s the secret to making light and fluffy quinoa. The aspect that makes this veggie-loaded quinoa salad from JoyFoodSunshine stand apart is its dressing, made with a mouth-watering combination of hoisin sauce, coconut milk and peanut butter. As the family cook, I appreciate how easy this is to throw together on a busy weeknight.
What makes joyfoodsunshine quinoa salad so good?The aspect that makes this veggie-loaded quinoa salad from JoyFoodSunshine stand apart is its dressing, made with a mouth-watering combination of hoisin sauce, coconut milk and peanut butter. As the family cook, I appreciate how easy this is to throw together on a busy weeknight. Plus, this salad never gets boring.
What is in the quinoa salad at the hungry waitress?This vibrant salad from The Hungry Waitress is the kind that improves with time, as the black beans, kale, tomatoes and dried cranberries all meld together with the quinoa and lemony dressing. Mexican street corn is the inspiration for this unique quinoa salad from Chef De Home.