SPICED TURKEY WITH SWISS CHARD
I love turkey in any way, shape or form. I feel the same about Swiss chard or any leafy greens, so I decided to combine the two in this delicious, healthy meal. To complete the dinner, I make extra spice rub and toss it with oil and new potatoes, then roast them in the oven along with the turkey. -Susan Bickta, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first six ingredients; rub over tenderloins. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes., In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, brown tenderloins on all sides. Transfer skillet to oven; roast turkey until a thermometer reads 165°, 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing., In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute chard 5 minutes. Stir in broth and pepper. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with turkey. If desired, sprinkle turkey with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 633mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 37g protein.
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY AND SWISS CHARD
- Rinse barley. Chop onion. Stem chard by cutting away leafy green prtion from either side of stalk. Set leaves aside. Chop 1 cup chard stalks and mince garlic. Heat two tablespoons oil in large saucepan over medium high heat until shimmering. Add onion and chard stalks and cook until softened, about five minutes. Stir in barley and garlic and cook until barley is lightly toasted, about three minutes.
- Stir broth into saucepan with barley and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until barley is tender and broth is absorbed, 20 to 40 minutes.
- While barley cooks, cut chard leaves into 1 inch pieces. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest, then cut lemon in half and remove seeds. Grate parmesan (1/2 cup).
- Fold chard leaves and lemon zest into barley, increase heat to medium high and cook uncovered , stirring gently, until chard is wilted about two minutes. Off heat, stir in parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving platter and tent with aluminum ofil.
- Trim cutlets, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat two tablespoonsoil in 12 inch non stick skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add lemon halves cut side down andcook until browned, about two minutes, transfer to platter with barley.
- Heat two teaspoons oil in now empty skillet and heat until shimmering. Add 3 cutlets to skillet and cook until well browned and tender about 2 minutes per side. Add to platter. Repeat with oil and the 3 additional cutlets. Squeeze lemon halves over cutlets. sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.1, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 6.2, Sodium 766, Carbohydrate 65.8, Fiber 13.8, Sugar 3.2, Protein 15.2
More about "turkey cutlets with barley and swiss chard recipes"
PARMESAN CRUSTED TURKEY CUTLETS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ...
4.3/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 398 per serving
- In a second breading pan, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley.
17 TURKEY BREAST CUTLET RECIPES FOR SIMPLE SUPPERS
Author Caroline Stanko
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY AND SWISS CHARD | COOK'S COUNTRY
Servings 4Category Main Courses, Weeknight
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY AND SWISS CHARD RECIPE | RECIPE ...
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY SALAD AND CARROT CHIPS ...
PANKO PARMESAN TURKEY CUTLETS - FEAST AND FARM
Reviews 2Category Main CourseServings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large bowl or plate, mix the flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Set aside. In a second bowl, beat the egg and water. Set aside. In a third large bowl or plate, mix the Panko and parmesan cheese.
- Bread turkey in this order: egg, flour, egg, Panko. Pressing the flour and bread crumbs on really well. Set turkey aside while you heat the skillet.
- In a large cast iron or heavy skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat until the butter is totally melted and bubbling. Add the breaded turkey (about two cutlets at a time and cook 3-4 minutes per side until just golden.
PARMESAN TURKEY WITH GREENS - PREVENTION
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 minsServings 4
TURKEY WITH BACON AND GREENS - TURKEY CUTLETS RECIPES ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main DishServings 4
BARLEY AND SWISS CHARD SKILLET CASSEROLE
Last modified by ReneeTitle Barley and Swiss Chard Skillet Casserole
RECIPE - TURKEY CUTLETS WITH MADEIRA SAUCE
GIVEAWAY: THE CHICKEN BIBLE COOKBOOK - TABBYS PANTRY
RECIPE: TURKISH-STYLE SWISS CHARD SOUP WITH CHICKPEAS AND ...
SWEET PEPPERS AND SWISS CHARD TURKEY STIR-FRY RECIPE ...
THE CHICKEN BIBLE | SHOP AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY AND SWISS CHARD RECIPES
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY | RECIPE | TURKEY CUTLETS ...
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY-SWISS CHARD WRAPS WITH APPLES | HEALTHY ...
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY AND SWISS CHARD RECIPE | EAT ...
TURKEY-CUTLETS-WITH-BARLEY-AND-SWISS-CHARD-RECIPE | RECIPE ...
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY RECIPE
ONE DISH DINNERS | JOVINA COOKS
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH BARLEY AND SWISS CHARD | COOK'S ...
SWISS CHARD - MENU - BANCHERO'S ITALIAN DINNERS - HAYWARD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make turkey cutlets?Sharing is caring! These Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets are easily prepared in the same fashion as chicken cutlets, dipped into an egg wash, then into a Parmesan cheese mixture, and lightly fried until golden brown. These turkey cutlets are so good, they burst with flavor!
What to put on top of chicken cutlets?We cooked the barley with onion and garlic and then added in the Swiss chard. To give the cutlets a bright, citrusy flavor that wasn’t too overpowering, we caramelized lemon and squeezed the mixture over the top of the cooked chicken.
How long do you cook turkey cutlets in a frying pan?In a large nonstick frying pan, heat about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch of oil, over medium heat. Add a few cutlets at a time, and cook until turkey is fully cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to the plate lined with paper towels, to drain. Transfer turkey cutlets to a serving platter, and serve.