EASY TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
Rich, homemade taste that's easy on the budget makes this chunky soup a family favorite. We enjoy it with hot bread in winter and with salad in summer. -Elaine Bickford, Las Vegas, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, carrots, onion and celery to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the noodles. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender., Stir in turkey and peas. Combine gravy mixes and cold water until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 89mg cholesterol, Sodium 1106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
With Thanksgiving close at hand (early October in Canada and late November in the United States) this simple recipe helps utilize the inevitable turkey leftovers. Enjoy!
Provided by Frank Butcher
Yield 5 quarts, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In an eight quart kettle or Dutch oven place turkey bones, water -- down through to and including the bay leaf.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the bones to a platter and let c ool.
- Add the parsley through to green beans.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scrape meat from carcass and return meat to soup pot. Add liquid if required.
- Heat to boiling; add noodles and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan; stir in flour.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the flour browns.
- Stir into boiling soup.
- When the soup returns to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot in large bowls - as if there were any other kind! - Enjoy.
- Notes: I serve this with fresh French Bread and butter.
- I have used yellow beans and a mixture of both.
- Once I wound up using frozen mixed vegetables - and it was still good.
- On two makings, chicken was substituted for the turkey - and it turned out well.
- Hints on Herbs and Spices: To substitute dried herbs for fresh, use 1/3 tsp powdered or 1/2 tsp crushed for every Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs.
- To test for dryness before packing (in case of drying f resh herbs for winter use) put a few sprigs or leaves in a tightly covered jar and watch for condensation.
- Store herbs in tightly covered jars, away from heat. Add mint, oregano, basil and any other dried herbs to recipes at the end or near end of cooking time for a more pronounced flavour.
- If you are enlarging recipes, spice to taste rather than to measure. When preparing cooked foods for freezing, it is advisable to under-season them with herbs or spices, then add more seasoning to taste when you reheat them and you will have the ultimate in flavour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.5, Fat 5.9, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 25.3, Sodium 1488.2, Carbohydrate 19.9, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 3.3, Protein 4.5
OLD MAN'S TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
- Combine the turkey drumsticks and water in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Stir in onions, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, black pepper, sage, thyme, rosemary, and celery salt; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the turkey meat is very tender, about 2 hours. Remove the turkey drumsticks and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, strip the meat from the bones and tendons, chop the meat, and return to the soup.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook the egg noodles a boil until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain. Scoop noodles into soup bowls and fill the bowls with turkey soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 74.8 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 29.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 1092.6 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
OLD-FASHIONED TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
Make the most of leftover turkey with this down-home soup. Creating a broth by roasting the turkey, garlic and vegetables adds richness and depth to the flavor without the need for additional fats. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Place the turkey carcass, bones from wings and drumsticks, neck bone, onion, carrots and garlic in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 hour, turning once., Transfer the carcass, bones and vegetables to an 8-qt. stockpot. Add 4 qts. cold water; set aside. Pour remaining cold water into baking pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Add to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 hours. , Cool slightly. Strain broth; discard bones and vegetables. Set stockpot in an ice-water bath until broth cools, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , Skim fat from broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring 3 qts. water to a boil. Add noodles and carrots; cook for 4 minutes. Add celery; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until noodles and vegetables are tender. Drain; add to simmering broth. Add cubed turkey; heat through. Stir in the parsley, salt, thyme and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 670mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEST EVER CREAMY TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
This is terrific, creamy soup and a really easy, delicious way to get rid of some of that leftover turkey.
Provided by BogeysMom
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Melt butter in a large soup pot.
- Add flour and quickly stir for about 1-2 mins until the flour is somewhat "cooked".
- Add the milk, salt and broth and whir with a hand blender til smooth.
- Add to the pot the herbes de provence, bay leaves, celery seed, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and black pepper.
- Simmer until beginning to thicken and add in the cream cheese, cut into cubes. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the water and egg noodles, and cook for about 8 - 10 mins, until the noodles are tender.
- Stir in the parmesan and turkey.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414, Fat 22, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 106, Sodium 1024.2, Carbohydrate 29.2, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 1.2, Protein 24.4
NO-FUSS TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
Make good use of your leftover dark meat without the fuss of boiling the carcass. Simply pick through the carcass before you toss the bird and save the meat for a quick next-day soup. Serve with warm bread for a great hot meal on a cold winter day. I substitute fresh herbs wherever possible, but for a quick meal after the intense preparation of a whole turkey, dried herbs do nicely. If you don't have chipotle chili powder, regular chili powder can be substituted. The chipotle provides a very light smoky flavor in the background. White meat can be used, but your broth will be less flavorful. Leftovers freeze well. Use whatever type pasta you prefer.
Provided by Tonya Dean
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine chicken stock, summer savory, basil, thyme, chipotle powder, salt, black pepper. parsley, and sherry in a stock pot; bring to a boil. Add carrots, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until carrots are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Cook and stir celery, onion, and garlic in hot butter until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes; stir into stock mixture. Add turkey, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until turkey is hot and has flavored the soup, about 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes; drain and add to soup. Season with salt and black pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 94.5 mg, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 28.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 1003 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
SENSATIONAL TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
Here is a great idea for that leftover turkey! Combine it with a few simple ingredients to make a sensational soup that's incredibly good. It's a breeze to prepare, but one taste guarantees that this will become a soup time favorite recipe.
Provided by Campbell's Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat the broth, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, carrot and celery in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Stir the noodles and turkey in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 884 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP FOR TWO
Doris Nehoda writes from Coos Bay, Oregon, "My husband must eat a very low-fat diet, so I'm always experimenting to find thins that will agree with his stomach, too. This easy economical recipe makes two generous servings. Sometimes I substitute chicken, or a different pasta or vegetable."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until celery is tender. , Add the potato, peas and noodles; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in browning sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 659mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CREAMY TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
I was honored when my fireman son-in-law asked to add this recipe to their firehouse cookbook. You can prepare parts of this turkey soup ahead of time and then assemble when ready. Serve with crispy whole-grain crackers. -Carol Perkins, Washington, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute carrot and celery until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth, cream and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes., Stir in noodles. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until noodles are al dente, 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until turkey is heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285 calories, Fat 18g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 823mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
- Bring the stock to the boil and throw in the carrots. Boil for 4 mins, then add the noodles and simmer for 3 mins. Stir in the turkey, peas and the white part of the spring onions, heat for 1 min or until everything is hot through. Ladle into bowls, scatter with the green part of the onions to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 0.42 milligram of sodium
TURKEY & HOMEMADE NOODLE SOUP
- Using a large piece of cheesecloth, bundle up the carcass and add 1/2 white onion and a handfull of celery tops.
- Tie the bundle securely.
- Boil turkey bundle for about 5 to 6 hours. In the meantime, mix salt and 5 eggs and whip with fork until lemon yellow. Add 6 tablespoon water.
- Pour over the 5 cups of flour in a large bowl. mix well, scraping sides. Turn out onto counter, mine is wood so it does not stick, even without extra flour. You may need to flour yours first. Get your husband or teenage son.or rent one for the occasion, lol. Have them knead the dough till it gets smooth and almost glossy.
- I use my Pasta Queen hand crank pasta maker at this point. Go to Recipe #78459 to find out how to hand roll them.
- After making them, toss with flour to prevent sticking to each other and lay them out till needed.
- When ready to add to the soup, shake off excess flour.
- After the carcass is done boiling take the bundle out and put it in a bowl to drain - do NOT open bundle yet!
- Strain soup through a fine mesh strainer and return to pot. Pour drained liquid from bundle and after straining add this to pot also.
- Bring broth to a boil and add carrots Boil for 8 minutes then add celery, turkey and noodles. Make sure noodles do not clump when added by stirring while adding.
- Cook soup for 9 minutes more.
- Soup's on!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191.4, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 74.2, Sodium 529.3, Carbohydrate 26.6, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 1.5, Protein 13.3
TURKEY & NOODLE TOMATO SOUP
Turn V8 juice, veggies and ramen noodles into a wonderful soup that takes just a few minutes to make. I like to serve it with biscuits. -Jennifer Bridges, Los Angeles, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup mix, 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning from the noodles, sugar, pepper and salt. Add V8 juice and vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes., Break noodles into small pieces; add to soup (discard remaining seasoning or save for another use). Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat soup through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add a little reduced-sodium broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 1247mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "turkey noodle soup mix recipes"
LEFTOVER TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - JO COOKS
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HOMEMADE TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - I WASH YOU DRY
TURKEY SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP MIX IN A JAR - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
BEST TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - DELISH
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP MIX | SOUP MIX RECIPES - BUDGET101.COM™
MY FAVORITE TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - THE COUNTRY BASKET
CREAMY TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE WITH LEFTOVER TURKEY
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
34 MASON JAR DRY SOUP MIXES RECIPES -EASY GIFT IN A JAR IDEAS
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CLASSIC HOMEMADE TURKEY NOODLE SOUP | CANADIAN TURKEY
CHEF NICK LIU’S TURKEY WONTON NOODLE SOUP RECIPE FOR LUNAR NEW …
QUICK AND EASY HOMEMADE TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - THE SEASONED …
EASY TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
HOMEMADE TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP AND 8 EASY RECIPES USING LEFTOVER TURKEY
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEFTOVER TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - SKINNYTASTE
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
HOMEMADE RECIPE FOR TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - GARLIC SALT & LIME
LEFTOVER TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - CULINARY HILL
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
LEFTOVER TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
SIMPLE 8-INGREDIENT MULTI-COOKER TURKEY NOODLE SOUP
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP USING THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS | WISHFUL CHEF
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
EASY CLASSIC TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - THE TASTE PLACE
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP MIX IN A JAR - BIGOVEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP MIX IN A JAR
HOLIDAY TURKEY NOODLE SOUP MIX - DSM
SIMPLE CROCK POT TURKEY NOODLE SOUP - MERRY ABOUT TOWN
TURKEY NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
EASY 30-MINUTE TURKEY SOUP (WITH NOODLES!) - AVERIE COOKS
You'll also love