TURKEY BARLEY SOUP
I always make this soup after the holidays when I have a nice, meaty turkey carcass for making stock. You can get a lot of servings out of it simply by increasing the amount of water used. This recipe was developed in the tests kitchens of Homemakers Magazine.
Provided by Irmgard
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Break up the turkey carcass to fit a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Add onion, carrots and celery.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Skim any scum that rises to the top; discard.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours.
- Strain soup into another large saucepan, reserving the carcass but discarding the vegetables.
- Return the stock to simmer; stir in barley and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add diced carrots, onion and turnip and simmer for a further 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add turkey.
- Season well with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
TURKEY RICE AND BARLEY SOUP
Myrna Sisel of Green Bay, Wisconsin makes the most of her turkey by simmering the carcass to create this soup that's warm and comforting on a cold winter's day The golden broth is full of rice, barley and colorful veggies.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place carcass, water, bouillon and bay leaves in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Remove carcass; cool. , Remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set meat aside. Discard bones. Strain broth and skim fat; discard bay leaves. Add rice and barley to broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. , Stir in the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender. Add cubed turkey, parsley and reserved turkey; heat through.
Nutrition Facts :
TURKEY BARLEY SOUP
I originally created this turkey barley soup as a way to use Thanksgiving leftovers. I think you'll agree it's too good to serve only once a year! It makes a hearty meal with homemade bread. -Jodi Jeude, Carbondale, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion in oil for 20 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until barley is tender. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 1094mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
HEARTY BARLEY TURKEY SOUP
- Bring water and turkey carcass to a boil in a large pot; add 1 1/2 cup chopped onion, 3 stalks celery, 1/2 cup chopped carrot, peppercorns, 1 pinch thyme, and 1 bay leaf. Simmer, skimming excess fat and foam from top of stock as needed, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Add more water to stock as it evaporates. Remove carcass from stock and cool. Pull meat from bones and shred; refrigerate until needed. Strain stock and return liquid to pot.
- Mix 1 1/2 pounds carrots, 2 onions, 6 stalks celery, barley, mushrooms, 2 bay leaves, salt, marjoram, black pepper, and 1 pinch thyme into turkey stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer soup, stirring occasionally, until barley is fully cooked, 1 hour and 20 minutes. Add turkey meat to the soup and simmer for 10 more minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 2.4 mg, Fat 1.5 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 471.5 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
CLASSIC TURKEY AND RICE SOUP
- Combine turkey carcass, halved onion, roughly chopped carrot, roughly chopped celery, halved garlic head, 1 teaspoon rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper in a stockpot; pour in enough water to cover. Bring mixture to a boil, cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors have blended, about 1 hour.
- Remove turkey carcass and pull remaining meat from bones; reserve meat and discard carcass. Remove vegetables and bay leaves from stock using a slotted spoon and discard.
- Stir diced onions, diced carrots, diced celery, minced garlic, poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and onion powder into stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Add cooked rice and turkey meat to soup; season with salt and pepper. Cook until rice and turkey meat are warmed, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 3.7 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 56 mg, Sugar 4 g
QUICK TURKEY AND RICE SOUP
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek, celery root, parsnip, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until leek is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in turkey and rice, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
TURKEY SOUP WITH RICE
- In a large pot, combine carcass, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaf and water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours over medium low heat. Strain and discard vegetables and bones. Reserve turkey stock. In a large pot, melt butter and cook onions until tender.
- Stir in celery and thyme.
- Stir in carrots and rice and toss to coat. Stir in turkey stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables and rice are tender. Stir in turkey, corn and parsley.
- Return to simmer and season to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 132.9, Carbohydrate 48.8, Fiber 5, Sugar 5.5, Protein 5.3
More about "turkey rice and barley soup recipes"
TURKEY SOUP WITH BARLEY RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
TURKEY AND BARLEY SOUP RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
TURKEY BARLEY SOUP - BARLEY SOUP RECIPES
TURKEY RICE SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL CLASSIC CHICKEN, TURKEY & BROWN RICE …
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVER RECIPE: TURKEY BARLEY SOUP
TURKEY BARLEY SOUP (SLOW COOKER) - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
TURKEY RICE AND BARLEY SOUP
TURKEY RICE SOUP RECIPE MADE JUST LIKE OMA
TURKEY SOUP WITH RICE IN THE SLOW COOKER - PIP AND EBBY
TURKEY BARLEY SOUP | FOODLAND ONTARIO
SIMPLE NOURISHED LIVING
ROASTED TURKEY BARLEY SOUP - TASTE WITH THE EYES
CROCK POT TURKEY BARLEY SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TURKEY RICE AND BARLEY SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
TURKEY BARLEY SOUP RECIPE - EVERYDAYMAVEN™
BARLEY STEW WITH TURKEY AND ROOT VEGETABLES | RICARDO
TURKEY BARLEY SOUP - DELICIOUS DISH
CREAM OF TURKEY SOUP WITH RICE MILK - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE TURKEY AND RICE SOUP - CANADIAN TURKEY
LEFTOVER TURKEY BARLEY SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEFTOVER TURKEY BARLEY SOUP - EASY BUDGET RECIPES
BARLEY AND RICE SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
LEFTOVER TURKEY AND RICE SOUP (30 MINUTE MEAL)
TURKEY AND BARLEY SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
TURKEY BARLEY SOUP | LUCY WAVERMAN'S KITCHEN
TURKEY WILD RICE SOUP – AMY ROLOFF
TURKEY SOUP WITH BARLEY RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TURKEY RICE AND BARLEY SOUP | RECIPE | HOMEMADE TURKEY SOUP, …
TURKEY-BARLEY SOUP RECIPE
TURKEY RICE SOUP - GARLIC & ZEST
14 BEST TURKEY SOUP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
TURKEY AND RICE SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
TURKEY-BARLEY VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
TURKEY AND BROWN RICE SOUP RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
TURKEY SOUP RECIPES WITH RICE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
QUICK AND HEARTY TURKEY BARLEY SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE | TURKEY SOUP ...
TURKEY & BARLEY SOUP - DIABETES FOOD HUB
You'll also love