TUSCAN PORK SMASH BURGER
Giada's Tuscan Pork Smash Burgers are inspired by an Italian bed and breakfast in Tuscany called Tenuta Astrone in Sarteano.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the garlic mayo: To a bowl, add the mayonnaise, fresh rosemary leaves, and clove of minced or microplaned garlic. Add ½ teaspoon salt, to taste. Cover and set aside to let the flavors marry.
- For the burgers: In a medium-large bowl, mix the fresh herbs into the ground pork. Form the beef into 4 even ball-shaped portions, about 4 ounces each. Sprinkle them evenly on all sides with the salt.
- Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high until hot, about 2 minutes. Add the olive oil to the pan. Working in batches if necessary to not over-crowd the pan, place the portions on the griddle. With a spatula, immediately smash the burgers down flat. Cook undisturbed for about 3-4 minutes, or until the outer edges of the patties look a deep golden brown. Flip the patties, and top each with a slice of taleggio cheese (or your cheese of choice). Continue to cook for 3 minutes longer, until the cheese is beginning to melt and the other side of the patties are golden brown.
- Transfer the burgers to a plate to allow them to rest, and lower the heat on the stove to medium. Take the burger buns, and place them in the pan cut-side down. Grill for about 30 seconds or until golden and crispy around the bottom edges, being careful not to burn the bread.
- To assemble the burgers: Spread a dollop of the mayonnaise mixture on the tops and bottoms of the toasted buns. To the bottom buns, add a handful of arugula. Place the patties on top. Serve with ketchup if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 4, Calories 725
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Place a large heatproof skillet on the grill (alternatively, you can use a stovetop over medium heat). Place 4 cazuelas on the grill for a few minutes.
- For the mushrooms: Heat the olive oil in the large heatproof skillet until it begins to shimmer. Add the mushrooms and some salt and pepper and cook, stirring just a few times, until they release their liquid and turn golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the burgers: Combine the ground beef and pork together in a large bowl, being careful not to overmix. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each). Shape each portion with your hands into a round patty, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Use your thumb to make a divot in the center of each burger. Sprinkle both sides of each burger with salt and pepper.
- Add enough olive oil to each cazuela to thinly coat the bottom and sides. Carefully place each patty, divot-side up, inside each cazuela. Combine the fennel, paprika and some salt and pepper in a small bowl, then sprinkle over top of each burger. Grill, covered, until charred and completely cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- While the burgers cook, toast the buns on the grill until lightly charred, 10 to 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the cheese to the tops of the burgers. Cover the burgers with the grill lid, large domed lid or large metal bowl and count to 10 until the cheese is melted.
- Top each burger with a large spoonful of the mushrooms. Place the burgers on the bottom buns. Top with the ketchup, oregano and top buns and serve immediately.
TUSCAN BURGERS WITH PESTO MAYO
Everyone needs to bring their appetite when you serve these man-size burgers. They have a bit of Italy in them with the use of pancetta, pesto and mozzarella cheese. Try them and you'll love them! -Rita Combs, Valdosta, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons pesto; cover and chill until serving. In a large bowl, combine the pancetta, pepper, salt and remaining pesto. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties., Brush onion and tomato slices with oil. Grill onion over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Grill tomato for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned., Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear., Top burgers with mozzarella cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Spread cut sides of rolls with pesto mayonnaise; top with burgers, onion, tomato and arugula.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 833 calories, Fat 58g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 142mg cholesterol, Sodium 1015mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 42g protein.
This recipe was one of 8 favourite recipes by Valli Little on recipe cards which came with the current issue of the Australian cooking magazine 'delicious'.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Yield 4 Tuscan Burgers, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the beef, pancetta and 2 tablespoons of pesto in a processor; season with salt and pepper; pulse until just combined (do not over-process); form the mixture into 4 patties and chill while you cook the vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3; heat a chargrill pan or cr barbecue over a medium heat; toss the onion in a little oil and grill for 1 minute on each side or until just cooked; place the onion in the oven to keep it warm; brush the tomatoes with a little oil and season them with salt and pepper , to taste; then grill the tomatoes for one minute on each side; place the tomatoes in the oven to keep them warm; mix the remaining pesto with the mayonnaise.
- Brush both sides of the patties with oil; cook the patties on the chargrill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through; top the patties with bocconcini and place them in the oven for 1 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Spread the bread-roll bases with some of the mayonnaise mixture; top with rocket, patties, onion and tomato; drizzle with the remaining mayonnaise mixture and top with the remaining bread-roll halves.
TUSCAN STYLE ROASTED CHICKEN
- Set up a grill for cooking with direct and indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only. Place a large cast-iron pan on the direct-heat side of the grill to preheat.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Add a film of olive oil to the pan, followed by the chicken pieces, skin-side down. Allow the chicken to deeply brown, 4 to 5 minutes, then flip and add the garlic. Briefly sauté until fragrant, then deglaze with the vermouth. Scatter in the tomatoes, olives and oregano bundle. Add the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Move the pan to the indirect-heat side of the grill and close the lid. Allow to cook until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter. Discard the oregano bundle. Top with the basil and serve.
These burgers make a super supper that takes only minutes to prepare but still leaves the impression that I've spent time cooking.-Ronda Lawson, Dublin, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties. , In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 626mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "tuscan style burgers recipes"
BEST TUSCAN BUTTER BURGER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
4/5 (2)Total Time 30 mins
- Make the chicken burgers: In a medium bowl, combine chicken, panko, green onions, and 1 teaspoon McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Blend.
- Using slightly dampened hands, form chicken mixture into 4 patties, placing patties in the hot skillet as they are formed.
- Cook, flipping once, until golden and a thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°, 8 to 10 minutes.
TUSCAN BURGER – SCHWEID & SONS – THE VERY BEST BURGER
GIADA'S ITALIAN-STYLE BURGER RECIPES - GIADZY
TUSCAN GARLIC BURGERS WITH PESTO MAYO | THE RECIPE CRITIC
TUSCAN-STYLE BURGERS – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
TUSCAN-STYLE STEAK BURGERS WITH GARLICKY AIOLI - RACHAEL …
AMY'S KITCHEN - THE TUSCAN VEGGIE BURGER
TUSCAN-STYLE BURGERS | PUNCHFORK
CURTIS STONE | ITALIAN-STYLE GOURMET BURGER
BURGER RECIPES: TUSCAN BURGER /W CABERNET SAUVIGNON
TUSCAN BURGERS | RECIPE CART
RECIPE: TUSCAN BURGERS | THE SEATTLE TIMES
ITALIAN-STYLE BURGERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TUSCAN SAUSAGE BURGERS WITH PROVOLONE & WILTED SPINACH
ITALIAN-STYLE BURGER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TUSCAN-STYLE BURGERS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, FOOD, COOKING
TUSCAN STYLE BURGER & CHEESY POLENTA WITH FRESH ... - SUNSHINE …
ITALIAN BURGERS WITH PROSCIUTTO RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
TUSCAN BURGER RECIPE BY S.A.L.T. SISTERS - THE DAILY MEAL
EPICURE TUSCAN CHICKEN BURGER SEASONING - 5 DELICIOUS RECIPES
BURGER TOSCANA: TUSCANY BURGER (RECIPE) - LUCA'S ITALY
ITALIAN STYLE HAMBURGER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TUSCAN VEGGIE BURGERS WITH MOZZARELLA - MEAL KIT DELIVERY
BURGER RECIPES: TRUFFLED TUSCAN-STYLE BURGERS /W CABERNET …
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS SHARES TUSCAN PORK SMASH BURGERS RECIPE …
ITALIAN-STYLE BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ITALIAN BURGERS ON GARLIC BUTTER BUNS - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
RECIPE: TUSCAN GOURMET GORGONZOLA BURGERS - CBS MINNESOTA
TUSCAN CAPRESE BURGER - BLENDABELLA
TUSCAN CHICKEN BURGER - DAD WHATS 4 DINNER
ULTIMATE TUSCAN CHEESEBURGER RECIPE – FLAVORS OF ITALY
ITALIAN-STYLE BURGER - EASY RECIPES, TV SHOWS
TUSCAN BURGER – WELLS FARMS
TUSCAN WHITE BEAN BURGER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
TUSCAN CHICKEN BURGER | EPICURE.COM
ITALIAN STALLION BURGER RECIPE | OMAHA STEAKS
TUSCAN TURKEY BURGERS RECIPE - REDBOOK
TUSCAN WHITE BEAN BURGER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
TUSCAN-STYLE BURGERS WITH PROSCIUTTO RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
ITALIAN BURGERS | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTO
TUSCAN BURGER - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love