UGLY SWEATER CAKE
Ugly Christmas sweaters are best appreciated at parties, so why not try this one on for size? We think it's the perfect fit for your dessert table. Not only will it feed a crowd, it's also a whole lot of fun. From its loud design-follow the directions below to recreate this one or let your imagination be your guide!-to the surprise swirl pattern on the inside, this sweater will take the cake in any contest!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. In small bowl, place 1 1/4 cups of the batter; stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the green food color. In another small bowl, place 1 1/4 cups of the batter; stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the red food color. Pour remaining cake batter in bottom of pan. Drop tablespoonfuls of each colored batter in random pattern over top; pull table knife through batter to make swirls.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place cooling rack upside down over cake. Turn upside down carefully so cake is on rack, and remove pan. Turn upside down onto another rack, and flip cake right side up. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, place 1 1/2 cups of the frosting; tint with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons green food color. In small bowl, place 1/3 cup of the frosting; tint with remaining 1/2 teaspoon red food color. Spoon into small resealable freezer plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag; set aside. Spoon 2/3 cup untinted frosting into another small resealable freezer plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag; set aside.
- Place cake, top side up, on serving platter. Spread green frosting on top and sides of cake. Using untinted frosting, pipe an upside-down triangle for the V-neck of the sweater in center of cake. Pipe 2 thick lines of untinted frosting lengthwise in center of cake. Pipe 2 red lines horizontally on either side of center line.
- Using photo as a guide, decorate as directed below: Buttons: Place 4 peppermint candies on center line for buttons. String of Lights: Pipe a line using cookie icing, place 2 of each color (blue, red, orange and yellow) chocolate candies on line. Candy Canes: Place 2 miniature candy canes crossed in center into frosting. Gumdrop Flowers: For each flower, place 6 halved pieces in a circle with 1 yellow chocolate candy placed in center. Santa Claus: Pipe a circle of untinted frosting for face, beard and brim of hat. Using red frosting, pipe a triangle for hat, and top with a small dab of untinted frosting for pom pom. Place 2 candy eyes in center of circle. Add a red cinnamon candy for a nose. Christmas Tree: Place 14 green chocolate candies to make a triangle, place 1 yellow chocolate candy on top of triangle for star, place 2 brown chocolate candies for trunk. Reindeer: Place Peanut Butter Cup top side down into frosting. Squeeze small amount of untinted frosting to attach 2 candy eyes and milk chocolate for nose, place halved pretzel for antlers.
- Cut cake in 4 rows by 3 rows. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 76 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 410 mg, Sugar 52 g, TransFat 0 g
UGLY SWEATER CAKE
- Remove the cake from the pan and place bottom-side up on a platter.
- Put 1 container of plain frosting in a piping bag with an X-shaped nozzle or in a resealable bag with the bottom corner snipped. Add green coloring to each of the other 2 containers of frosting and mix until they are a consistent green.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the green frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cake. Pipe the plain frosting in a Y shape to make it look like a sweater V-neck and front fastening. Decorate with cake decorations and holiday candies--use any design you like and make it your own.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir together and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla and eggs. Mix with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the cocoa. Whisk together to combine. Meanwhile, bring 1 cup water to a boil. When the butter is melted, pour the boiling water in the pan. Allow to bubble for a moment, then turn off the heat.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture. Stir together for a moment to cool the chocolate, then pour in the egg mixture. Stir together until smooth, then pour into a rimmed half sheet pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut the finished cake in half so it is the size of a quarter sheet pan.
This is a very yummy cake that people always ask me to make for parties. It's also very easy but so good!
Provided by Pennypoo
Yield 12 squares, 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix the ingredients for the first layer and press into a 9 x 12 greased pan.
- Beat the ingredients for the second layer with a mixer and pour over first layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
UGLY SWEATER COOKIE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar, molasses and spices until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the soda-it will froth up.
- Stir in the butter till melted and then stir in the egg and flour.
- Knead the mixture with your hands until it comes together to form a soft ball. Divide into 2 and wrap one in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Roll out the other on a lightly floured board to about 1/4 "thick. Place onto the baking sheet and then cut out the jumper shape using the paring knife. Save the off cuts.
- Roll out the other ball and repeat.
- Finally take the offcuts from both and roll together and repeat. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- For the buttercream; beat the butter until light and fluffy, scrape the bowl down. Add 1/3 of the sugar and beat again on a lower speed, scrape the bowl down. Add the next 1/3 of the sugar and beat again. Scrape the bowl down. Repeat with the rest of the sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Beat in the food color.
- Add the cream cheese and beat in on a slow speed, so that it doesn't turn runny. Place into the piping bag.
- Place one of the biscuit layers onto a serving tray. Pipe the icing all over in small peaks. Place the other biscuit on top and repeat for all 3 layers.
- Decorate the final layer with the candy balls as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1106.5, Fat 49, SaturatedFat 30, Cholesterol 153.9, Sodium 759.8, Carbohydrate 161.8, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 113.3, Protein 8.2
More about "ugly sweater cake recipes"
UGLY SWEATER CAKE - MOM LOVES BAKING
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 323 per serving
- Prepare cake according to package instructions. Let cool completely. If possible, refrigerate covered for a few hours to make it easy to work with when frosting, but you can skip this step if you're in a hurry. Place cake on a large platter or cake board.
- Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin or more cream if mixture is too thick. Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of frosting to keep white, then color the rest red. (Note: I used 2 heaping teaspoons of the "no taste" red food coloring paste. It looks like it isn't red enough at first, but gets darker after it sits for awhile.)
BEST UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE UGLY …
RECIPE: UGLY SWEATER CAKE | DUNCAN HINES CANADA®
HOW TO MAKE AN UGLY SWEATER CAKE: A FUN + FREE TUTORIAL!
BEST UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A UGLY …
FUN AND SIMPLE UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE - SOFABFOOD
UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Category CakesTotal Time 2 hrs 5 mins
EGGNOG UGLY SWEATER CAKE - CAROLINA COUNTRY
UGLY SWEATER COOKIE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WILTON UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE PAN - BAKING BITES
THIS UGLY SWEATER CHRISTMAS CAKE IS DELIGHTFULLY TACKY AND TASTY
FESTIVE UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
HOW TO MAKE UGLY SWEATER CAKE | DELISH | BEST RECIPES DOWNLOAD
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE – MILDLY MEANDERING
HOW TO MAKE UGLY SWEATER CAKE | DELISH - YOUTUBE
UGLY SWEATER CAKE
UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
UGLY SWEATER CHRISTMAS PARTY CAKE - SHUGARY SWEETS
THE ULTIMATE UGLY SWEATER CHOCOLATE CAKE
UGLY SWEATER ICE CREAM CAKE | CUTEFETTI
UGLY SWEATER CAKES - PINTEREST
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE - 100 DAYS OF HOMEMADE HOLIDAY …
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE - SPRINKLE BAKES
UGLY SWEATER CAKE - PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE - STUDIO DIY
FUNFETTI® UGLY SWEATER CAKE - PILLSBURY BAKING
REE DRUMMOND’S UGLY SWEATER CAKE - FOODIE BADGE
RECIPES: UGLY SWEATER CAKE
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE - HUNGRY HAPPENINGS
13 BEST UGLY SWEATER RECIPES: UGLY SWEATER CAKES, COOKIES, PIZZA …
EGGNOG UGLY SWEATER HOLIDAY CAKE | WILTON
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE - DIXIE CHIK COOKS
AN UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE | NAIJABAKES
UGLY SWEATER CAKE - HOLIDAYCOOKS.COM
BEST UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE UGLY SWEATER CAKE
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE || CROSS- STITCH CAKE || HOLIDAY …
FUNFETTI® UGLY SWEATER CAKE | RECIPE - MEIJER
WHAT TO MAKE FOR AN UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER PARTY - MYRECIPES
UGLY SWEATER CAKES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER CAKE
UGLY SWEATER CAKE RECIPE - MOMSTART
PIN ON FAMILY MEALS AND WEEKNIGHT RECIPES - PINTEREST
UGLY SWEATER CAKE HOW TO RECIPE VIDEO - DELISH
You'll also love