VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
These indulgent vegan chocolate cupcakes have no butter, eggs or dairy milk, but you'd never guess it. This recipe is perfect for potlucks and family gatherings that include guests with food restrictions. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. , Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 194mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
This frosting keeps well at room temperature for a few hours, however if it starts to get too warm or you are not eating the cupcakes right away, place them in the refrigerator.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 12 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, espresso powder, almond milk, and vanilla. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until combined. Quickly stir in the vinegar until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups (scant 1/3 cup per cupcake). Bake until tops spring back when lightly touched, about 18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Top cupcakes with vegan frosting (about 3 tablespoons per cupcake).
VEGAN CREAM-FILLED CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Inspired by Hostess cupcakes, these vegan chocolate cupcakes are filled with an eggless meringue made with aquafaba (the cooking liquid from chickpeas) and glazed tops with a shiny chocolate ganache made with soy milk. They're so unbelievably delicious no one will believe they could be vegan. I'm excited for you to try this recipe--it is as fun to make as it is to eat.
Provided by Joanne Chang
Yield Makes 12 regular cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the chocolate cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place a rack in the center of the oven. Line a 12-cup regular muffin tin with muffin papers, or oil and flour the cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, superfine sugar, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup (240 grams) cold water, the oil, and the vanilla. Pour the oil mixture into the flour mixture and mix them together with a wooden spoon until the batter is smooth and homogeneous. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin cups, filling the cups about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18 to 24 minutes, rotating the muffin tin midway through the baking time, until the cupcakes spring back when you touch them lightly in the middle and a cake tester inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tin on a wire rack for about 30 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the tin and let them cool completely directly on the rack.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the soy ganache and vegan marshmallow.
- For the soy ganache: Chop the chocolate and place in a medium metal or heat-proof glass bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the soy milk until just before it comes to a boil, when small bubbles collect along the sides of the pan. Pour the soy milk over the chocolate and let stand for about 30 seconds. Slowly whisk the chocolate and soy milk together until the chocolate is completely melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Pour the ganache into a small bowl and let it cool to room temperature so that it is cool to the touch but still somewhat liquid. If the ganache firms up too much, rewarm it slightly in the microwave or a bain-marie (see Cook's Note); don't warm it so much that it gets runny.
- For the vegan marshmallow: Place the aquafaba in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whip on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes, until the aquafaba gets foamy and thick. Slowly add the sugar and vanilla and whip on medium-high for 8 to 10 minutes, until the marshmallow is thick and fluffy. It will take a long time to thicken but once it does, it will magically become exactly like meringue. Use immediately.
- To assemble: When the cupcakes are completely cool, use a small teaspoon or a spoon handle to scoop out a divot in the center of each cupcake, about 1 1/2 inches deep and 1 inch wide. Set aside the pieces of cake you take out. Fill each hole with a spoonful of the marshmallow and top with a piece of the saved cake. Use an offset spatula or knife to spread the cupcake tops with the ganache, covering them fully.
- Make a cornet out of parchment paper. A cornet is a small parchment paper cone that you fill with melted chocolate, caramel, or piping icing that you use to write on cakes and cookies. To make a cornet, fold a piece of parchment paper on the diagonal and cut through the fold with a small paring knife so you have two triangles. Position one of the triangles so the longest edge is facing away from you on an angle from lower left to upper right, the shortest edge is on the right, and the middle-length edge is facing down (toward you). Now eyeball the mid-length edge to find the halfway point. Place your left hand at this point and hold it down with your forefinger and thumb. Bend down the top corner, then twist it under so that the point is approximately at the midpoint of the shortest edge and poking out about an inch. You will see the beginning of a cone forming. Slowly roll the parchment down with your right hand while anchoring the opposite tip with your left hand. After you've rolled the whole triangle into a cone, tuck the extended point of the open top inward to hold everything in place.
- Fill the cornet halfway with the melted chocolate (don't overfill or you will end up with a mess) and roll the top of the cornet closed like a tube of toothpaste, making sure to roll the cornet with the seam on the bottom. Snip the point with scissors or cut it off with a small paring knife to make a tiny opening for the filling to come out.
- Draw a decorative swirl across each of the cupcakes. Serve immediately or within a few hours of filling.
- These cupcakes should be eaten the same day they are made.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH VANILLA FROSTING
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 15 individual muffin cups or line cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Pour in water, oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar. Mix well into a smooth batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool in the muffin cups for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool, about 20 minutes.
- Cream margarine in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 of the confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, while electric mixture is running on low speed. Beat in vanilla soy milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat in remaining confectioners' sugar until frosting has desired consistency.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe over cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.6 calories, Carbohydrate 55.8 g, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 156.7 mg, Sugar 42.2 g
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Vegans have made amazing discoveries in the field of eggless baking. This is a boon not just for folks who abstain from animal products, but also for those who have dairy allergies. This recipe, adapted from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World," by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero, makes cupcakes that are moist and sweet and dark with cocoa.
Provided by Pete Wells
Categories easy, weekday, dessert
Yield Makes 12 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a dozen muffin cups - either outfit a muffin pan with paper or foil liners, or use a baking sheet and set out 12 paper liners nested inside foil liners, or else use silicone muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the soy or rice milk, vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, pausing two or three times to stir, and keep stirring until all the large lumps are gone.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners until they are about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, whisk the chocolate glaze ingredients until smooth and spread the glaze on the cupcakes. If you choose, top with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 203, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 153 milligrams, Sugar 24 grams, TransFat 0 grams
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.2, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 186.8, Carbohydrate 34.4, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 20.1, Protein 2.2
More about "vegan chocolate cupcakes recipes"
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - THE SECRET RECIPE WITH …
Ratings 78Calories 134 per servingCategory Dessert
CLASSIC VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - LOVING IT VEGAN
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE (AKA WACKY WW II …
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
THE BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES EVER! - THE VEGAN 8
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - VEGAN HUGGS
Ratings 2Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - SPICES N FLAVORS
UNBELIEVABLY VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - THE BANANA DIARIES
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH PUDDING BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - FINISHED WITH SALT
EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - MSN.COM
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - WOW, IT'S VEGGIE?!
EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - VEGGIE DESSERTS
SUPER MOIST VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - NAMELY MARLY
ULTIMATE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES – CRAZY VEGAN KITCHEN
BEST EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES (GLUTEN FREE)
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE | MY GOODNESS KITCHEN
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - FOOD WITH FEELING
SPECIALTY DARK VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
CHOCOLATE VEGAN CUPCAKES | HEALTHY AND OIL-FREE - KEEPING THE …
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES WORTH CELEBRATING | ALLRECIPES
BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES [RECIPE] | TASTE OF HOME
THE BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | MY DARLING VEGAN
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES – YUMMLY RECIPES
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - EAT WITH CLARITY
VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - DELIGHTFUL ADVENTURES
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - PLANT.WELL
BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - VEGGIES DON'T BITE
VEGAN CUPCAKES | HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CUPCAKES - BAKING MAD
VEGAN DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - MY VEGAN MINIMALIST
20 VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
VEGAN FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES — EVERYDAY GOURMET
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - THE SCRAN LINE
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - THE BAKING CHOCOLATESS
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - SIMPLE GREEN RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #healthy #cupcakes #desserts #oven #easy #beginner-cook #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #cakes #chocolate #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #comfort-food #low-in-something #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make vegan cupcakes?To make the vegan cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake pan with liners. In a large bowl, whisk first 5 ingredients. Do not forget the vinegar. Let sit at least 10 minutes, and sift all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl while you wait.
How do you make the Best Cupcakes with vinegar?In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, espresso powder, almond milk, and vanilla. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until combined. Quickly stir in the vinegar until incorporated.
How do you make the perfect cupcakes?In a large mixing bowl, stir together the soy or rice milk, vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, pausing two or three times to stir, and keep stirring until all the large lumps are gone.
How many carbs are in a chocolate vegan cupcake?These chocolate vegan cupcakes are easy to make and even easier to eat. For the recipe you will need 2 x 12-hole cupcake tins, lined with cupcake cases. Each serving provides 318kcal, 4g protein, 54g carbohydrate (of which 41g sugars), 9g fat (of which 3g saturates), 2g fibre and 0.4g salt.