MORGAN'S VEGGIE PATTIES
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1-ounce olive oil and all raw vegetables except beans. Saute until translucent. Remove and cool.
- Add veggies to beans and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients along with the egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In saute pan add 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Push to one side of the skillet; add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then mix the mushrooms and onions together and cook until the onions are golden, about 10 more minutes. Add the vinegar and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix the turkey, beef and the remaining 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Shape into 4 equal-size oval patties.
- Wipe out the skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Season the patties with salt and pepper and cook until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook through, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Divide the onions and mushrooms among 4 bread slices; top with a slice of cheese, a patty, another slice of cheese and another bread slice. Wipe out the skillet; add 1 tablespoon olive oil and place over medium heat. Cook the sandwiches in two batches until the bread is toasted and the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes per side, adding the remaining 2 teaspoons oil as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534, Fat 26 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 83 milligrams, Sodium 848 milligrams, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 37 grams
My husband often orders patty melts at restaurants, so I started fixing them at home. I added horseradish to give them more zip, and now he loves them my way. -Leah Zimmerman, Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm., Shape beef into two oval patties; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear; drain. Remove and keep warm., Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place in skillet, buttered side down, and toast until lightly browned. , Combine salad dressing and horseradish. On each of two slices of toast, layer a slice of cheese, a beef patty, and half of the onion and the dressing mixture. Top with remaining toast. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516 calories, Fat 24g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 1278mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
TURKEY AND VEGGIE MELTS
A knife and fork will be needed to eat these hearty open-face sandwiches, made delicious with frozen antioxidant vegetable blend.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat broiler. Cook vegetables as directed on box; pour into medium bowl. Stir in mustard.
- Place toasted bread slices on ungreased cookie sheet. Layer turkey evenly on bread. Spoon vegetable mixture over turkey. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 4 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 820 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 0 g
PORTOBELLO PATTY MELTS
This is a traditional patty melt in all ways save the fact that the beef has been swapped out for roasted portobello-mushroom caps. It otherwise hews closely to the recipe served at Tiny Naylor's drive-in restaurant in Los Angeles in the 1950s, and to the ones used in coffee shops and diners across the country. But those mushrooms! Roasted in the oven in a marinade of oil, balsamic vinegar, soy and garlic, they take on immense flavor and density, and provide a terrific foil to the caramelized onions, Swiss cheese and butter-griddled rye bread.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Caramelize onions. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet set over high heat. When it foams, add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Do not stir immediately. Wait 1 minute, then begin to stir frequently over high heat for 5 minutes or so, or until the onions have released some liquid and started to become translucent.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, for what will seem like a very long time, until the onions are fully melted and dark golden brown, approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Remove onions, and set them and the skillet aside. (You can caramelize the onions a day ahead of time and reheat slowly when you're ready to cook.)
- Take a small baking dish, and put into it olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and minced clove of garlic. Add portobello caps, then cover with foil, and roast in a 400-degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes, turning once.
- Set the skillet to medium heat, and put four pieces of rye bread into the butter that remains from cooking the onions. Top each piece with a slice of cheese, then two portobello caps, then some of the caramelized onions, and finally another slice of cheese and another slice of rye. Use the spatula to press down on the packages, and after about a minute or so, carefully turn over each patty to begin to brown the other side. (You may need to add the additional butter.) Cook until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden brown and crisp on both sides. Slice in half before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 450, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 29 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 807 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams, TransFat 0 grams
VEGGIE PATTY MELTS
I am not a vegan, but I love the different variety of meatless soy burgers. This is a patty melt made with whatever flavor burger you want. Add mustard, ketchup, and a pickle for extra flavor.
Provided by Asha1126
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, saute 12 minutes or until very tender, adding water, 1 tablespoon at the time, to prevent scorching. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove onion from pan, keep warm.
- Cook meatless burgers in pan according to package directions.
- Divide cooked onion evenly over 4 slices of bread and top each with 1 burger patty and 1 cheese slice. Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Place pan over medium heat until hot. Coat one side of each bread slices with cooking spray and place 2 sandwiches, coated side down, in pan, and cook about 3 minutes or until brown.
- Coat top sides of sandwiches with cooking spray, turn sandwiches over, and cook for about 3 minutes or until brown.
- Repeat procedure with remaining sandwiches.
- If you own a indoor grill (such as George Forman) you can also make them, once assembled, on the grill and you dont' have to turn them over. Enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.3, Fat 12.5, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 21.7, Sodium 1092.5, Carbohydrate 36, Fiber 9.5, Sugar 5.9, Protein 21.2
This recipe comes from the Pampered Chefs 'Spring/Summer 1999 Season's Best Recipe Collection' at the request of a Zaar member.
Provided by Caryn
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Using kitchen spritzer, lightly spray Valtrompia Bread Tube and caps with vegetable oil.
- Cap bottom of bread tube; fill with dough.
- Place cap on top.
- Bake upright 50 to 60 minutes; cool 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from tube; cool completely.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices; place on 15" round Baking Stone.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degree F.
- Slice tomatoes; set aside.
- Thinly slice cheese; set aside.
- Snip basil.
- In a 1 quart bowl, combine mayonnaise and basil.
- Press garlic into bowl; stir until well mixed.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture over each bread slice.
- Top each bread slice with zucchini, tomato, and cheese slices.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
GOURMET PATTY MELTS
- Mix sirloin, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper together by hand in a medium bowl. Form into 4 hamburger patties and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator until flavors have melded, 4 hours to overnight.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add onions and saute until they begin to caramelize, about 15 minutes, reducing heat to medium-low if they seem to be sizzling too much.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place hamburger patties in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side, topping each patty with a slice of Cheddar cheese after flipping.
- Place patties on toasted rye bread. Top with warm onions, Dijon mustard, and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 621.3 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 101.6 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 15.8 g, Sodium 1100.6 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
More about "veggie patty melts recipes"
VEGETARIAN PATTY MELT RECIPE - DELISH.COM
Cuisine ThaiTotal Time 20 minsServings 2Calories 550 per serving
- Add onion. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat about 10 minutes or until onion is tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms to onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
VEGGIE BURGER PATTY MELTS - THIS MESS IS OURS
Reviews 2Category Lunch or DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Pulse the oats in your food processor 3-5 times to roughly chop then add in one can of drained and rinsed black beans. Pulse and additional 5-6 times creating a chunky paste. Add in the egg, cumin, coriander and season with salt. Process until most of the large pieces are gone. You will be left with a thick paste that will act like the “glue” to your veggie burger.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the remaining can of drained and rinsed black beans with the cilantro, cheese, scallions and the mixture from the food processor then season with salt to taste. Wipe a little olive oil on a large plate and then with wet hands, form the bean mixture into 5 large patties (or 8-10 small) and place on the plate. Don’t worry if the mixture seems a little gooey, it is supposed to.
- Let the patties rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes while you gather the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a cast iron, or heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat until VERY hot. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and swirl the pan to coat. Cook the burgers until a nice crispy crust has formed on the outside, about 2-3 minutes, then flip to cook the other side another 3-6 minutes. You will know that the burgers are done when the center of the patty is firm to the touch. Remove from the pan to a plate to cool.
VEGETARIAN PATTY MELTS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
VEAL PATTY MELTS | CANADIAN LIVING
VEGAN PATTY MELT BURGER - MONKEY AND ME KITCHEN …
HOMEMADE PATTY MELT RECIPES THAT BEAT THE DINER'S
MUSHROOM-CANNELLINI BEAN PATTY MELTS BY OH MY …
VEGGIE PATTIES - FOOD HERO
VEGETARIAN PATTY MELTS WITH CHILE RELLENO VEGGIE BURGERS | RECIPE ...
VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE | THE ORIGINAL VEGGIE PATTY - BIG MOUNTAIN …
VEGETARIAN PATTY MELTS WITH CHILE RELLENO VEGGIE BURGERS
MUSHROOM PATTY MELTS - THE WASHINGTON POST
VEGGIE PATTY MELTS - CHAMPSDIET.COM
LIGHTER CLASSIC PATTY MELT | RENEE'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
PATTY MELTS WITH EGGS - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
VEGAN STEAKHOUSE MELTS - VEGAN PATTIES FOLDED AND STUFFED
GRILLED VEGGIE BURGER PATTY MELTS RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
PATTY MELT RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET COOKING SHOW
VEGETARIAN PATTY MELT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED VEGETARIAN PATTY MELTS RECIPE BY ANTARA NAVIN AT
CLASSIC PATTY MELT RECIPE WITH BEYOND BURGER | TASTING TABLE
GRILLED PATTY MELTS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
VEGAN PATTY MELT IN MINUTES! | JANE UNCHAINED NEWS
PORK PATTY MELTS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BEST PATTY MELTS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PATTY MELTS
VEGETARIAN PATTY MELTS WITH CHILE RELLENO VEGGIE BURGERS - MY …
CLASSIC DINER-STYLE PATTY MELTS | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE AMAZING PATTY MELTS ON THE BLACKSTONE …
VEGAN PATTY MELT | READY SET EAT
CREAMY PATTY MELT RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
VEGGIE PATTY MELT SLIDERS - HAPPINESS IS HOMEMADE
VEGGIE MELTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TURKEY BURGER PATTY MELT RECIPE | THE LEAF
BRIOCHE PATTY MELTS | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
VEGGIE PATTY MELT SLIDERS - HAPPINESS IS HOMEMADE | PATTY MELT, …
ELIZABETH'S VEGETARIAN KITCHEN: VEGETABLE "PATTY MELTS"
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #lunch #main-dish #easy #beginner-cook #stove-top #one-dish-meal #sandwiches #equipment
You'll also love