TANGY CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST
This tastes even better the next day! You can follow the directions here OR put everything in a crock pot after browning the beef & cook on low for 8 to 9 hours. Your choice of your favourite BBQ sauce will determine just how much tang is in the dish!
Provided by CountryLady
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
- In a heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil until hot; add roast & cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pot & keep warm.
- Pour off any excess fat.
- Add next 7 ingredients& mix well.
- Return beef to pot, cover & cook in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Spoon off any excess fat.
- Add vegetables, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 1 hour or until beef is fork-tender & veggies cooked to your liking.
PERFECT POT ROAST
Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Fresh rosemary and thyme add rich, herbal resonance to this hearty roast.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender.
QUICK + EASY INSTANT POT POT ROAST
Make pot roast fit for an elegant dinner party for a weeknight meal. This healthy dish is ready in about an hour.
Provided by DanaAngeloWhite
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode, add beef and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Top beef with potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and lock the lid in place. Place the vent to the sealing position and set to manual on high pressure for 40 minutes. When the cook time is done, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure and remove the lid. Using a slotted spoon, transfer carrots and potatoes to a serving dish. Transfer pot roast to same dish and garnish with parsley.
- If a gravy is desired, set the pot to saute mode and bring cooking liquid to a simmer. Mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Add the cornstarch mixture back to the simmering liquid; cook and stir until thickened. Spoon some of the gravy over the pot roast before serving.
- Serves: 6; Calories: 342; Total Fat: 8 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Total Carbohydrate: 19 grams; Sugars: 4 grams; Protein: 45 grams; Sodium: 538 milligrams; Cholesterol: 123 milligrams; Fiber: 4 gram.
More about "wagon train pot roast recipes"
WAGON TRAIN POT ROAST | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (12)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Beef
CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 6-8
- Sprinkle roast with pepper; dredge in 1/4 cup flour. Brown roast on all sides in hot bacon drippings in a large Dutch oven. Place onion rings over roast; add beef broth and coffee. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and simmer an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove roast and vegetables to a serving dish, reserving cooking liquid in Dutch oven.
- Combine 2 cups water, 1/4 cup flour, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; blend until smooth. Stir flour mixture into reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring constantly using a wire whisk, until smooth and thickened. Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.
TANGY CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST - MASTERCOOK
WAGON TRAIN POT ROAST - MASTERCOOK
TANGY CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BEST SITES ABOUT AUTHENTIC CHUCK WAGON RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
WAGON TRAIN PASTA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
WAGON-WHEEL ROAST PORK - MIDWEST LIVING
WILD WEST WAGON TRAIN SUPPER RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
RECIPE: TASTY CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST
CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
THE CHUCKWAGON – WESTERN RECIPES – LEGENDS OF AMERICA
WAGON TRAIN POT ROAST | RECIPE | COOKING RECIPES, POT …
WAGON TRAIN POT ROAST | SKS | COPY ME THAT
WAGON TRAIN POT ROAST | RECIPE | POT ROAST, ROAST BEEF …
TANGY CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
POT ROAST RECIPE FOR THE INSTANT POT - WAGON PILOT ADVENTURES
WAGON TRAIN BEANS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST RECIPE BY LIBENA - COOKPAD
SUNDAY OVEN POT ROAST - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHUCK WAGON POT ROAST RECIPE BY LIBENA - COOKPAD
TRAEGER POT ROAST - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
WAGON TRAIN BISCUITS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
INSTANT POT PIONEER PASTA - EASY SLOW COOKER AND INSTANT POT …
POT ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
POT-ROAST RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MR. FOOD | WAGON TRAIN POT ROAST | ABC30 FRESNO | ABC30.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a good beef stew?Cut the meat into small pieces. Put into a stew-pan a piece of butter the size of an egg, and set over the fire. Cut two large onions in thin slices. Put them in the butter and fry a light brown, then add the meat. Season with whole peppers. Salt to taste. Add three cloves, and pour over one cupful of water.
How do you cook a pork loin roast?Cut two large onions in thin slices. Put them in the butter and fry a light brown, then add the meat. Season with whole peppers. Salt to taste. Add three cloves, and pour over one cupful of water. Let it boil fifteen or twenty minutes, stirring it occasionally. Then add two quarts of water, and simmer very gently for two hours.
How do you make a cowboy Burger?Mix starter, cornmeal, milk, eggs and stir thoroughly in large bowl. Stir in melted butter, salt and soda. and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Back to top... As with everything the cowboy did, when it came to eating, the cowboy developed his own vocabulary. Sometimes it was a perversion of a commonly used word.
How do you make beef gravy?This gravy may be made in larger quantities, then kept in a stone jar and used as wanted. Take 2 pounds of beef, and two small slices of lean bacon. Cut the meat into small pieces. Put into a stew-pan a piece of butter the size of an egg, and set over the fire.