WEDGE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
A wedge salad gets the creamy treatment when topped with blue cheese dressing. Keep the dressing as a topper, or make it a dip for Buffalo wings. -Jenn Smith, East Providence, Rhode Island
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients. Cut lettuce into 6 wedges. To serve, top wedges with dressing, tomatoes and bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Fat 28g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 473mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
This a great salad to have for a simple lunch or to serve with a nice dinner. Fresh ingredients make this salad very elegant and the wedge presentation makes it a great starter for a special occasion dinner. It is best to chill the dressing for 24 hours prior to serving.
Provided by cabanagrl
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine 1/2 pound blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, sugar, garlic, and pepper in a bowl; blend using a hand mixer; chill until serving.
- Build the salad by placing 1 lettuce wedge on each of 8 plates. Drizzle equal amounts of dressing over each wedge. Scatter tomatoes, onion, and 1/2 pound blue cheese over each salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.5 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 51.4 mg, Fat 30.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 13.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 892.3 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
More about "wedge salad with elegant blue cheese dressing recipes"
WEDGE SALAD RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 252 per serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, parsley, chives and dill. Add buttermilk until the dressing reaches desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
WEDGE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE | BON …
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
- Mix blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, lemon juice, poppy seeds, garlic powder, hot sauce, onion powder, pepper, and celery seeds in a medium bowl. Season with salt, and more lemon juice if needed.
- Toast minced garlic, minced onion, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds in a medium skillet over medium heat, tossing constantly, until golden brown, 3–5 minutes (watch carefully; you don’t want to let mixture toast too much or garlic will be bitter). Immediately spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Cook bacon in same skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until brown and crisp, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
EASY WEDGE SALAD WITH HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE …
Estimated Reading Time 1 minTotal Time 20 mins
- 1. To make the blue cheese dressing, combine the avocado mayonnaise, blue cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, and garlic salt in a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl. Stir enough half & half into the blue cheese mixture to reach the desired consistency. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. When ready to serve, place each wedge of iceberg lettuce onto individual chilled serving plates. Drizzle each wedge with some homemade blue cheese dressing, and then top each with an equal amount of avocado, crumbled bacon, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and chopped celery. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
CLASSIC WEDGE SALAD WITH HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 20 minsCategory Appetizer, SaladCalories 584 per serving
WEDGE SALAD MADE LIKE A FANCY RESTAURANT - COPYKAT …
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory SaladCalories 137 per serving
ALLRECIPES - WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE …
GRILLED BLT WEDGE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
Reviews 9Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, milk, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce until combined.
WEDGE SALAD WITH HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE ...
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
EASY WEDGE SALAD WITH LIGHT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING | JOYFUL ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 12 minsCategory Gluten FreeCalories 179 per serving
- To a food processor add greek yogurt, blue cheese, milk, lemon juice, garlic clove, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. If you want it chunky, don’t blend as long. Set aside.
- To a medium skillet add diced bacon pieces. Saute for until bacon is browned. About 5-7 minutes. Pour bacon onto a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the grease.
- Top each iceberg wedge with cherry tomatoes, piquillo peppers, bacon, red onion, green onions, and finish with light blue cheese dressing.
WORKIN’ ON A WEDGE (THE BLUE CHEESE KIND, OF COURSE ...
5/5 (64)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4Calories 547 per serving
- To the bowl of your food processor, add the dressing ingredients and pulse until combined. (If it's too thick, you can thin it a bit with water, milk, or extra buttermilk)
WEDGE SALAD RECIPE WITH BACON AND BLUE CHEESE
Reviews 9Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
WEDGE SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS & HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE ...
Cuisine CountryEstimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4-6
CLASSIC WEDGE SALAD WITH HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING ...
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING - FEEL IT ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING. (I AM ...
20 BEST SIDE DISHES FOR STEAK | ALLRECIPES
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE
EMERILS WEDGIE SALAD RECIPES
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING | RECIPE ...
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING ... RECIPE
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING | RECIPE ...
10 TYPES OF LETTUCE (AND OTHER LEAFY SALAD GREENS) YOU ...
TYPES OF SALAD: ALL THE SALADS YOU SHOULD KNOW | ALLRECIPES
WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING - NEWS365.CO.ZA
WALNUT AND BLUE CHEESE WEDGE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a salad with blue cheese and sour cream?Directions 1 Step 1#N#Combine 1/2 pound blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, sugar, garlic, and pepper... 2 Step 2#N#Build the salad by placing 1 lettuce wedge on each of 8 plates. Drizzle equal amounts of dressing over each wedge. More ...
What is in a deconstructed wedge salad?This Deconstructed Wedge Salad has all the same refreshing, classic taste but no knife necessary! Iceberg lettuce is roughly chopped then topped with crunchy bacon, scallions, fresh tomatoes, and homemade blue cheese dressing (plus extra crumbles, because blue cheese is awesome).
What to do with blue cheese dressing from Buffalo wings?Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing. A wedge salad gets the creamy treatment when topped with blue cheese dressing. Keep the dressing as a topper, or make it a dip for Buffalo wings.
What is the best way to make a salad wedge?Wedge salads are very easy to make. Remove core of lettuce, cut lettuce in 4 or 8 large slices. Drizzle salad dressing 1 or 2 tablespoons of salad dressing over each wedge, and add chopped crispy bacon, and tomatoes.