WHOLE GRAIN BANANA COCONUT BREAD
While this site already has numerous recipes for banana bread with a coconut theme, this one is unique in its emphasis on a whole grain flour base. The coconut flavor is subtle-- if you like a strong coconut flavor, up the amount of coconut extract, and include the optional fresh coconut. As with many of my recipes, this one calls for ingredients that are "nonstandard" (i.e., weird!...the province of health nut fanatics!), but go out on a limb and try it--your taste buds won't be disappointed.
Provided by Heather U.
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 8x4 loaf pans or 1 9x5 loaf pan; I use cooking spray with no sticking problems; I used 2 8x4 loaf pans, and the resulting loaves were on the short side.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, oat bran, soy powder, flax seeds, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the pecans (and optional coconut) to the dry mixture and stir to incorporate; set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor fitted with the steel blade, place the Splenda, brown sugar, honey or barley malt syrup, butter, both kinds of lecithin, and xanthan gum; Puree together for about 2 minutes (this will help the lecithin and xanthan bind it all together).
- Add the banana, coconut milk, egg whites, and vanilla and coconut extracts to the food processor bowl, and puree again until well-blended; shake the can of coconut milk prior to opening it up so that the contents wont be separated when you measure.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and use a rubber spatula to fold it all together; be careful not to overmix the batter or the finished product will be tough as a result of activating the gluten.
- Pour even amounts of batter into the loaf pan (s), and place in the preheated moderate oven.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 185 degrees Fahrenheit; this took 36 minutes for 2 8x4 loaves in my oven today but will take longer in a 9x5" pan; look for a firm, lightly brown top and look for the sides to pull away from the pan (s).
- Chef notes: If you want to use your whole 14-oz can of coconut milk, triple this recipe (that's a lot o' banana bread--yay!); Also, if you want to eliminate the 1/4 cup of butter, just add an extra 1/4 cup of banana; the coconut milk, soy powder, lecithin, and flax seeds all have significant amounts of healthy fats in them so you should still end up with a moist tender bread; I havent tried that yet, so if you do, please inform us of the outcome in your review!
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA WALNUT BREAD WITH COCONUT OIL
I altered the Starbucks banana bread recipe to include my favorite substitutions and made it extra "banana-y". The whole wheat flour makes it healthier, the agave lowers the glycemic index, and the coconut oil and extra banana helps this "healthy" version taste better.
Provided by woltra
Yield 1 loaf, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash up the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add and mix the wet ingredients together with the bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and stir together.
- Add 1/2 cup walnuts into the mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Top with remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
WHOLE GRAIN HEALTHY BANANA BREAD
Don't let the healthy name fool you, this banana bread is moist and full of flavor. Whole grains, high fiber and low fat and sugar are just the added benefits. My family devours it! This can also be made in 4 mini loaf pans, just bake for 25 to 30 minutes at the same temperature.
Provided by EILEENMA
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar blend, flax meal, bananas, milk, sour cream and egg whites until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the banana mixture until moistened. Spoon into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.5 calories, Carbohydrate 48.3 g, Cholesterol 2.5 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 6.8 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 253.2 mg, Sugar 22.2 g
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA NUT BREAD
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Blend in chopped nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.4 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 215.3 mg, Sugar 14.2 g
More about "whole grain banana coconut bread recipes"
WHOLE WHEAT COCONUT & BANANA BREAD - THE BELLY …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA-COCONUT BREAD RECIPE
3.7/5 (41)Total Time 2 hrsServings 8Calories 200 per serving
WHOLE WHEAT COCONUT OIL BANANA BREAD RECIPE | THIS RECIPE ...
WHOLE WHEAT COCONUT BANANA BREAD - FOODIE IN NEW YORK
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA NUT CARROT CAKE BREAD - THE BAKERMAMA
COCONUT BANANA BREAD - WHOLE WHEAT AND HEALTHY! - …
WHOLE-GRAIN BANANA BREAD - MAYO CLINIC
WHOLE-GRAIN BANANA BREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
WHOLE BANANA BREAD RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
WHOLE WHEAT COCONUT BANANA BREAD - DINNERS, DISHES, AND ...
GET NUTTY WHOLE GRAIN BANANA BREAD - AMERICAN INSTITUTE ...
COCONUT-RUM BANANA BREAD RECIPE - EATINGWELL
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD WITH COCONUT OIL - FIT FOODIE FINDS
RECIPE WHOLE GRAIN BANANA COCONUT BREAD - YOUTUBE
HEARTY WHOLE GRAIN BREAD RECIPE - NANJOUFUJIMASA.COM
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD RECIPE (ONE BOWL!) - WITH VIDEO ...
HEALTHY WHOLE GRAIN BREAD RECIPE - TYRANOBUILDER.COM
THE ULTIMATE MOIST BANANA BREAD WITH WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
HONEY WHOLE GRAIN EINKORN BANANA BREAD - FREE COCONUT RECIPES
WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD WITH COCONUT CINNAMON …
WHOLE GRAIN BANANA COCONUT BREAD - CHAMPSDIET.COM
BANANA COCONUT RAISIN BREAD - THEDOCKPROS.COM
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD RECIPE TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
100% WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
HEARTY WHOLE GRAIN BREAD RECIPE - INFINITECARPORTS.COM
BANANA CARROT BREAD WITH COCONUT - HEALTHY NIBBLES
WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR BANANA BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #breads #fruit #oven #nuts #quick-breads #coconut #tropical-fruit #bananas #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make banana bread with coconut oil?Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted coconut oil and stir until combined.
How to make banana bread with mashed banana?In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Weigh your flours; or measure them by gently spooning into a cup, then sweeping off any excess. Mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts into the banana mixture.
What are the ingredients in banana bread?This Healthy Banana Bread recipe is made with whole wheat flour, bananas, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. It is a family favorite!
Can you make banana bread without flour?While made without butter, oil, or white flour, this 100% whole wheat banana bread tastes just as flavorful and moist as my regular banana bread. In this healthier banana bread recipe, swap butter with unsweetened applesauce, all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, and replace some of the refined sugar with honey.