CHILI CON CARNE II
- In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onion, chile pepper and garlic until soft. Add ground beef: cook and stir until meat is browned.
- Pour in tomatoes with liquid, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans, and cook another 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Carbohydrate 32.5 g, Cholesterol 61.5 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 23.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 916.8 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE
This chili recipe is many years in the making and I have won several awards with it. I think you'll be pleased with it. You can alter it to your own spice levels to achieve your perfect chili. Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese, and use corn chips for dipping.
Provided by CHEFJIMMY
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper, and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Crumble over bouillon cubes, and stir in wine; continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic, and tomato paste. Season with paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, and parsley. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans, and hot pepper sauce. You can add the reserved tomato juice if more liquid is needed. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, and water until smooth. Stir into chili, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until chili has thickened up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 85.8 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 1211.6 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE
This great chilli recipe has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. An easy sharing favourite that uses up storecupboard ingredients.
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Prepare your vegetables. Chop 1 large onion into small dice, about 5mm square. The easiest way to do this is to cut the onion in half from root to tip, peel it and slice each half into thick matchsticks lengthways, not quite cutting all the way to the root end so they are still held together. Slice across the matchsticks into neat dice.
- Cut 1 red pepper in half lengthways, remove stalk and wash the seeds away, then chop. Peel and finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Start cooking. Put your pan on the hob over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and leave it for 1-2 minutes until hot (a little longer for an electric hob).
- Add the onion and cook, stirring fairly frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft, squidgy and slightly translucent.
- Tip in the garlic, red pepper, 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder or 1 level tbsp mild chilli powder, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin.
- Give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brown 500g lean minced beef. Turn the heat up a bit, add the meat to the pan and break it up with your spoon or spatula. The mix should sizzle a bit when you add the mince.
- Keep stirring and prodding for at least 5 minutes, until all the mince is in uniform, mince-sized lumps and there are no more pink bits. Make sure you keep the heat hot enough for the meat to fry and become brown, rather than just stew.
- Make the sauce. Crumble 1 beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan with the mince mixture.
- Add a 400g can of chopped tomatoes. Tip in ½ tsp dried marjoram, 1 tsp sugar and add a good shake of salt and pepper. Squirt in about 2 tbsp tomato purée and stir the sauce well.
- Simmer it gently. Bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Check on the pan occasionally to stir it and make sure the sauce doesn't catch on the bottom of the pan or isn't drying out. If it is, add a couple of tablespoons of water and make sure that the heat really is low enough. After simmering gently, the saucy mince mixture should look thick, moist and juicy.
- Drain and rinse a 410g can of red kidney beans in a sieve and stir them into the chilli pot. Bring to the boil again, and gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes, adding a little more water if it looks too dry.
- Taste a bit of the chilli and season. It will probably take a lot more seasoning than you think.
- Now replace the lid, turn off the heat and leave your chilli to stand for 10 minutes before serving. This is really important as it allows the flavours to mingle.
- Serve with soured cream and plain boiled long grain rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 2.32 milligram of sodium
CHILI CON CARNE
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 9 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 770 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1 g
ZUCCHINI CON CARNE
Living in the land of green chilies and hot peppers, my family has grown to love the flavors of the Southwest. We now have a tradition of buying 50 pounds of chilies every year and roasting them on the grill. It keeps us stocked for the year.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Toss beef with flour until coated. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef in oil. , Add water, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add zucchini, corn, onion and chilies; bring to a boil. , Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with tortillas if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 319mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
CHILI CON CARNE
At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. -Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings ( 2 1/2 qt.)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef. Drain and set aside. , In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, bouillon, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined. , Add tomatoes and browned beef. Stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and heat through. If desired top with sour cream and jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 892mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
CALABACITA CON CARNE DE PUERCO
Found this one a number of years ago in Texas Highways. I wanted to save safely. This originally was adapted from The Melting Pot: Ethnic Cuisine in Texas. Zucchini can be substituted for the mexican squash.
Provided by TXOLDHAM
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brown pork in hot oil in a large skillet; drain.
- Stir in tomato, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cumin. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn, squash and salt. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
ZUCCHINE AL FORNO CON PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO E PROSCIUTTO
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spread butter in an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water cook zucchini until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain zucchini and cool until they can be handled.
- Trim ends of zucchini and quarter lengthwise to form spears.
- Wrap each zucchini spear in a slice of prosciutto and arrange side by side in pan. (Zucchini will be touching).
- Sprinkle zucchini with parmesan cheese and pepper and bake until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve zucchini warm.
More about "zucchini con carne recipes"
CHILLI CON CARNE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (140)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 367 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, then add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add Chili Spice Mix. Cook until beef is browned all over. (This step helps release extra flavour from the spices)
- Add remaining ingredients, with 1/2 cup of water for Quick Cook or 1 1/2 cups for Slow Cook. Bring to simmer, then adjust heat per step below:
CHILLI CON CARNE | HEALTHY RECIPE | WW AUSTRALIA
Cuisine MexicanCategory DinnerServings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over high heat. Cook the mince, breaking up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Lightly spray the saucepan with oil and reduce to medium–high heat. Cook the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini and garlic, stirring, for 8 minutes or until softened. Return the mince to the pan with the cumin, chilli powder and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, beans and chickpeas.
- Whisk 1¾ cups (435 ml) water, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar in a jug until combined. Add to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until thickened.
CALABASITA CON CARNE (ZUCCHINI WITH MEAT) RECIPE ...
1/5 Calories 335 per servingServings 10
SIMPLE CHILLI CON CARNE | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Cheap & CheerfulCalories 353 per serving
QUICK CHILLI CON CARNE & SECRET VEG BOWLS RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
Cuisine MexicanCategory MainsServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Simmer 2 cups water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add quinoa and cover with lid. Reduce heat to low and cook for 12 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large wide pan over high heat. Add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes or until capsicum starts to char. Add oil and mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 12 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Stir in carrot, zucchini and half the spring onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened and start to break down. Stir in spice mix and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1/4 cup water and chipotle. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in beans and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
CHILI CON CARNE AND VEGGIES - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main DishCalories 728 per serving
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium-high. Add the ground beef and break up with spoon. As it is cooking add the chuck roast. Drain any water/grease from the meat and then add the onion and continue to cook until translucent. Add the red pepper and vegetables. Stir in the spices: garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and beef broth. When the stew begins to reach a slight boil reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- If you would like to thicken the broth stir in the cornstarch mix and cook until desired consistency is reached. Serve with your favorite toppings
PIN ON RECIPES I'VE FOUND AND ENJOY - PINTEREST
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
LEFTOVER CHILI STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS - AGGIE'S KITCHEN
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CALABACITAS CON ELOTE (ZUCCHINI WITH CORN) - RECIPES
Servings 6Calories 202 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
ZUCCHINI ENCHILADA CON CARNE – PRECIOUS TIME BLOG
Cuisine MexicanCategory Main CourseServings 4Total Time 30 mins
DITCH THE POTATO CHIPS: DILL PICKLE ZUCCHINI CHIPS RECIPE ...
ZUCCHINI CON CARNE
HEALTHY BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES :: YUMMYMUMMYCLUB.CA
ZUCCHINI CON CARNE
BAKED ZUCCHINI CON CARNE - YOUTUBE
ZUCCHINI CON CARNE RECIPE
ZUCCHINI CON CARNE
ZUCCHINI CON CARNE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make chili con carne?In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onion, chile pepper and garlic until soft. Pour in tomatoes with liquid, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in kidney beans, and cook another 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.
How long do you cook zucchini in the oven?Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a glass baking dish with nonstick spray (or a little oil). Lay zucchini halves in glass dish. Season inside of zucchini halves with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon 1/4 cup chili evenly into each zucchini half. Bake, covered, for 25 minutes - 30 minutes (zucchini will be fork tender).
How long to cook chilli con carne on Hob?Start cooking. Put your pan on the hob over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and leave it for 1-2 minutes until hot (a little longer for an electric hob). Add the onion and cook, stirring fairly frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft, squidgy and slightly translucent.
How many carbs are in chili con carne?Pour in tomatoes with liquid, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in kidney beans, and cook another 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving. 397 calories; protein 23.9g; carbohydrates 32.5g; fat 19.3g; cholesterol 61.5mg; sodium 916.8mg.