SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine the peppercorns, garlic, and cloves and puree. While the motor is running, drizzle in the oil until a paste is formed. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the garlic paste into a small bowl.
- Place the pork butt on a work surface and season all over generously with salt. Rub all over with the garlic paste. Place in an oven-safe roasting bag and close with a twist tie. Place in a large roasting pan, and cook until tender, about 5 hours.
- Remove roast from the oven. Slip the oven-roasting bag off the meat and discard. Transfer the cooking liquid to a medium saucepan. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid with a ladle or de-greaser. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer to thicken the juices slightly.
- Raise the oven to 400 degrees F. Return the pork, in the roasting pan, to the oven. Continue roasting, basting frequently with the simmering cooking liquid, until well-browned, about 30 minutes. If there is any cooking liquid left, pour it over the pork.
- Remove pork from the oven and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. With the pork drippings you may make a vinegar sauce using this formula: for every 1/2 cup of drippings, whisk with 3 tablespoons vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Either carve the pork into thin slices, or, using 2 forks, pull into small pieces. Serve with the vinegar sauce on the side.
SIX-HOUR PORK ROAST
"At the restaurant Mimosa, the food, service, and ambiance transform a night in Los Angeles into an evening in Paris," says Michele Winkler of Sherman Oaks, California. "There, we had a delectable roast pork that was succulent on the inside, with a marvelous crust. We would love to prepare it at home."
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Blend together sage, rosemary, garlic, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper in a food processor until a thick paste forms. With motor running, add wine and oil and blend until combined well.
- If necessary, trim fat from top of pork, to leave a 1/8-inch-thick layer of fat. Make 3 small incisions, each about 1 inch long and 1 inch deep, in each side of pork with a small sharp knife, and fill each with about 1 teaspoon herb paste. Spread remaining herb paste over pork, concentrating on boned side, and tie roast with kitchen string at 2-inch intervals.
- Put pork, fat side up, in a roasting pan and roast in middle of oven 6 hours. Transfer roast to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes.
- Discard string and cut pork roast (with an electric knife if you have one) into thick slices.
SIX-HOUR PORK ROAST
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Blend together sage, rosemary, garlic, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper in a food processor until a thick paste forms. With motor running, add wine and oil and blend until combined well. If necessary, trim fat from top of pork, to leave a 1/8-inch thick layer of fat. Make 3 small incisions, each about 1-inch long and 1-inch deep, in each side of pork with a small sharp knife, and fill each with about 1 teaspoon herb paste. Spread remaining herb paste over pork, concentrating on boned side, and tie roast with kitchen string at 2-inch intervals.
- Put pork, fat side up, in a roasting pan and roast in middle of oven 6 hours. Transfer roast to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes. Discard string and cut pork roast (with an electric knife if you have one) into thick slices.
SLOW-ROAST PORK SHOULDER
This smoky, melt-in-the-mouth main course is slow-cooked for several hours, making it ideal for a Bonfire Night feast after the fireworks
Provided by James Martin
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, mix the treacle, cider vinegar, paprika, cumin, mustard powder and chilli powder until smooth. Using a sharp knife, make deep slashes in the skin of the pork shoulder to cut through the skin and fat layer, but not the meat. Place the joint, skin-side down, in a large dish and rub the spice paste into the meat (not the fat). Turn skin-side, cover tightly with cling film and put in the fridge overnight, or for 24 hrs to give the pork maximum flavour.
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Transfer the pork, skin-side up, to a deep roasting tin, rub 1 tbsp sea salt onto the skin and pour 500ml water into the bottom of the roasting tin. Cover tightly with foil and roast in the oven for 5 hrs.
- Remove the foil, turn up the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and cook for a further 1 hr 30 mins or until the pork is very tender and the skin has turned to crispy crackling.
- Once the pork is ready, take it out of the roasting tin, cover with foil and leave to rest. Pour the juices from the roasting tin into a jug and leave to separate. Pour off the fat layer and transfer the remaining juices to a large sauté pan. Simmer over a high heat, stirring, until reduced to a rich gravy.
- Once rested, cut the pork into pieces - it should pull apart with very little effort - and break the crackling into shards. Serve the pork and crackling with the gravy poured over and mustard mash, honey-roasted carrots and quick pickled red cabbage on the side (see goes well with below).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 732 calories, Fat 46 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Protein 77 grams protein, Sodium 3.1 milligram of sodium
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER
Slow-roasted pork shoulder yields both a beautifully crispy exterior and a meltingly tender interior - it's literally magic in the oven. The garlicky, peppery crust permeates throughout the whole roast, especially since it integrates itself with the rest of the meat after it's shredded. Stir into some marinara sauce for a quick ragout, toss with some barbecue sauce for a pulled pork sandwich, throw in a tortilla with some avocado, cotija, and cilantro, serve over mashed potatoes and parsnips with sauteed kale, the list goes on!
Provided by Allrecipes
Categories Pork Shoulder
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) with a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and a rack.
- Stir together garlic, olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub pork thoroughly with garlic mixture. Place fat-side up on rack on the prepared baking sheet. Let pork stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers between 195 to 205 degrees F (90 to 96 degrees C), about 4 1/2 hours.
- Let stand 20 minutes before shredding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Cholesterol 109.1 mg, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 808.1 mg
More about "6 hour slow roasted pork shoulder recipes"
SLOW ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (BEST PORK SHOULDER RECIPE)
4.4/5 (85)Calories 274 per servingCategory Pork
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF and cover a baking sheet with tin foil. Then, set a wire rack on top of the tin foil.
- Prepare the dry rub by adding the garlic powder, brown sugar, kosher salt, ground pepper, and paprika into a bowl and mix.
- Next, sprinkle the dry rub over the pork shoulder and massage the dry rub into the meat. Be sure the whole pork shoulder is covered in dry rub.
- Heat a large pan or cast-iron skillet over medium/high heat. Add butter. When the butter has melted and is sizzling add the pork shoulder to the pan and cook on each side of the pork shoulder for 2-3 minutes or until brown.
ULTRA-CRISPY SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE - SERIOUS …
EASY FALL-APART ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE — THE …
EXTRA-CRISPY SLOW ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE | KITCHN
SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER - SAVOR THE BEST
PORK ROAST WITH CRISPY CRACKLING | RECIPETIN EATS
FOOLPROOF SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE - THE …
SLOW COOKED PORK ROAST RECIPE — THE MOM 100
EASY SLOW ROASTED PORK SHOULDER (IN THE OVEN) - SAVORING …
SLOW ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE | GEOFFREY ZAKARIAN - FOOD …
Author Geoffrey ZakarianSteps 8Difficulty Easy
THE BEST SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK YOU’LL EVER MAKE
6-HOUR SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPES - MAIN COURSE
STRETCH THE WEEKEND WITH SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER
HOW TO COOK A PORK SHOULDER ROAST - ALLRECIPES
SLOW COOKER MEXICAN PULLED PORK TACOS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
HOW TO COOK PORK PICNIC ROAST IN SLOW COOKER, INSTANT POT OR OVEN
6 HOUR SLOW-ROASTED PORK SHOULDER : OOH LA LOIRE
SLOW COOKER PORK WITH GRAVY - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
LOW AND SLOW ROASTED PORK SHOULDER RECIPE - THE NOURISHED CHILD
SLOW ROAST PORK SHOULDER | ASK NIGELLA.COM | NIGELLA LAWSON
THE 30 BEST PORK SHOULDER RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
You'll also love