AKOORI (INDIAN SCRAMBLED EGGS)
Reader Jango Gazdar shares a spicy, flavour-packed breakfast or brunch - perfect with toasted chapatis
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a large frying pan over a low-medium heat and add the butter. Gently fry the onion, chilli and garlic until the onion is soft - about 5 mins. Add the spices and cook for 1-2 mins more, stirring around the pan until aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes, cook for 1 min, then pour in the eggs and lower the heat. Stir slowly to scramble the eggs as they cook, and remove from the heat while they are still a little runny. Continue stirring off the heat for 1 min more until the eggs are just set.
- Stir through the coriander and serve with chapatis for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
AKOORI - SCRAMBLED EGGS (PARSI)
- Beat eggs until well mixed.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat ghee or butter in a large, heavy frying pan and cook the onions, chilies and ginger until soft.
- Add turmeric, coriander leaves and tomato, if used, and fry for a minute or two longer, then stir in the egg mixture and the ground cumin.
- Cook over low heat, stirring and lifting the eggs as they begin to set on the base of the pan.
- Mix and cook until the eggs are of a creamy consistency-they should not be cooked until dry.
- Turn on to a serving plate and garnish with tomato and coriander.
- Serve with chapatis, parathas or toasted bread.
- I Squeeze some lime too and scramble it some more until it resembles crumbs for a filling for a chappati or to be had with a loaf of fresh soft/hard bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Fat 14.7, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 335.8, Sodium 120.8, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3.1, Protein 11.2
AKOORI - PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS
- Beat eggs and milk together adding salt and pepper.
- Heat the ghee in fry pan and add the spring onions chillies and ginger and saute until soft.
- Add the turmeric, coriander and tomato and fry a further 2 minutes
- Turn heat low and add the eggs and cumin and cook as for scrambled eggs but do not cook to dry, the eggs should just be cooked.
- Serve with chapatis and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
More about "akoori scrambled eggs parsi recipes"
AKOORI: INDIAN SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE | GET CRACKING
Cuisine International RecipesTotal Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 195 per serving
AKURI RECIPE (PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS) - WHISKAFFAIR
AKOORI (INDIAN SCRAMBLED EGGS) - FOOD REPUBLIC
AKOORI WITH GREEN PEAS RECIPE (PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED …
AKURI - PARSI STYLE EGG RECIPE FOR BREAKFAST - MY TASTY …
AKOORI | PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE | YUMMEFY | VIDEO
AKURI RECIPE (PARSI STYLE SEASONED SCRAMBLED EGGS)
COMMUNITY RECIPE: AKOORI EGGS (PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS) …
AKURI MASALA ~ PARSI-STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
AKOORI, PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS — VINTAGE DISH & TELL
AKOORI (PARSI SPICY SCRAMBLED EGGS) RECIPE
AKOORI - PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE BY AMRITA IYER AT …
K-HXL0VES: 】 AKOORI - SCRAMBLED EGGS (PARSI)
AKOORI SCRAMBLED EGGS PARSI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RECIPE HANDBOOK: AKOORI - SCRAMBLED EGGS (PARSI)
AKOORI – PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOAST - BLOG
AKOORI(PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS) - THE FOOD SAMARITAN
PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS (AKOORI) VEGETARIAN RECIPE
HOT AKOORI RECIPE, PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS | VAHREHVAH
TRY THESE DELICIOUS AKOORI RECIPES BY CHEF KAVIRAJ - HERZINDAGI …
AKURI RECIPE | PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS | ZOROASTRIANS.NET
PARSI AKURI RECIPE ( PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS )
AKOORI RECIPE / INDIAN SCRAMBLED EGGS / PARSI STYLE EGG …
AKOORI RECIPE RECIPE ON - BOL NEWS
AKOORI RECIPE | SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH MUSHROOMS & MASALA
AKOORI - SCRAMBLED EGGS (PARSI) - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
AKOORI (PARSI SPICY SCRAMBLED EGGS) - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
AKOORI - SCRAMBLED EGGS (PARSI) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
AKOORI- PARSI RECIPE - BREAKFAST EGGS - YOUTUBE
AKOORI – PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOAST - MY DIVERSE KITCHEN
AKOORI PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
AKOORI ( PERFECTLY SPICED SCRAMBLED EGGS IN PARSI STYLE )
AKOORI (PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS) RECIPE BY PRAVEEN - COOKEATSHARE
YUMMY AKOORI RECIPE, PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS | VAHREHVAH
RECIPE: AKOORI (PARSI SPICY SCRAMBLED EGGS) - MEALSTEPS.COM
INDIAN SCRAMBLED EGGS (AKOORI) | ROBERT ROSE
AKOORI (PARSI SPICY SCRAMBLED EGGS) RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
AKURI/AKOORI - PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS - PRIYA'S VERSATILE RECIPES
AKOORI - PARSI SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE
AKURI RECIPE FOR PARSI STYLE SCRAMBLED EGGS
AKOORI (PARSI RECIPE OF SCRAMBLED EGG) - YOUTUBE | VEGETARIAN …
AKOORI (PARSI SPICY SCRAMBLED EGGS) - BIGOVEN.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is akuri egg?Akuri is one of the signature eggs recipes of Parsi cuisine. It is basically eggs scrambled with onions and spices but unlike the regular egg bhurji, akuri is slightly runny, creamy, and soft. You will find Akuri on the menu of most Parsi restaurants and it is served with a side of pav or toasted bread.
What is the recipe to make akuri?The recipe to make akuri slightly differs from home to home. Some people add tomatoes to their recipe and some don’t. For some ginger garlic paste is a must while others add chopped ginger and garlic. These minor changes are totally fine but one thing that remains constant is that akuri must never be overcooked unless you want to offend a Parsi.
What is Akoori?Akoori (Parsi Scrambled Eggs) Sunday morning Akoori is a staple in many Parsi Households. The onion, light masalas and freshly roasted seeds put a delicious, exotic spin on your standard scrambled eggs.
Can you make scrambled eggs with onion and masala?The onion, light masalas and freshly roasted seeds put a delicious, exotic spin on your standard scrambled eggs. The onion mixture can even be made the night before, and you can simply heat and add eggs when required. My kids love this too (minus the fresh chillies)!