SOUR CHERRY SYRUP
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the cherries, sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the fruit solids. Store the syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
SOUR CHERRY SYRUP
Pour in about a half inch of syrup into a tall glass, and add lots of ice cubes and seltzer or club soda. You might even prefer water instead. Iranis add a sprig of fresh mint and a sour cherry to the glass as well.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Yield 3 Quarts
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Puree the cherries in a blender or food processor in small batches. Run juice through a fine sieve, pressing hard to extract all the juice.
- In a large saucepan, mix cherry juice with sugar, water and lime juice and bring to a boil, stirring consistently, until sugar dissolves.
- Cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes, skimming off the foam that rises to the top with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring and skimming, until syrupy, about 1 hour.
- Strain the syrup into jars and let cool completely before storing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3345, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 51.1, Carbohydrate 858.1, Fiber 16, Sugar 816.4, Protein 10.1
My mom and grandma have been making this fruity syrup to serve with fluffy waffles and pancakes ever since I was a little girl. Now I make it for my sons, who love it as much as me!-Sandra Harrington, Nipomo, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring cherries and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes., Add sugar and butter; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and cinnamon., Cool leftovers; transfer to airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 1g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 7mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
SOUR CHERRY OLD-FASHIONED
- Place cherries in a heatproof bowl. Stir water and sugar in small saucepan to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil, and pour over cherries. Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain cherries, reserving syrup. Thread 4 cherries onto each of 6 skewers. Make 3 drinks at a time: Pour 6 tablespoons whiskey, 3 tablespoons kirsch, and 4 1/2 teaspoons reserved syrup in a cocktail shaker 3/4 filled with ice. Shake and pour into chilled glasses. Garnish each with a skewer and 2 to 3 strips lemon zest. Repeat for the second batch.
PERFECT SOUR CHERRY PIE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press the bottom pie crusts into 2 pie pans.
- Combine cherries, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Let sit until sugar begins to draw out the cherries' juices, about 10 minutes. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat; simmer until the juices thicken and become translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and almond extract until well mixed. Pour into the bottom half of the pie shells. Cover with top crusts, crimp the edges to seal, and cut vents into the top with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.2 calories, Carbohydrate 44.8 g, Cholesterol 1.9 mg, Fat 17.1 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 18.9 g
More about "sour cherry syrup recipes"
SOUR CHERRY SYRUP FOR COCKTAILS AND MORE - UMAMI GIRL
4.7/5 (15)Total Time 20 minsCategory Virgin DrinksCalories 20 per serving
- Reduce heat to maintain a brisk simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10 minutes, until liquid is bright red.
30 SOUR CHERRY RECIPES SURE TO MAKE YOUR SUMMER SWEETER
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
SOUR CHERRY JUICE: A 2014 TART CHERRY MUST
EASY SOUR CHERRY SAUCE - ART AND THE KITCHEN
SWEET AND SOUR WILD CHERRY, BERRY OR GRAPE SYRUP
CANADIAN CHERRY PRODUCERS | RECIPIES FOR SOUR …
10 BEST SOUR CHERRY DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHERRY SYRUP RECIPE - SAVORING THE GOOD®
SOUR CHERRY SYRUP RECIPE - MADHUR JAFFREY | FOOD & WINE
Servings 3Published 2013-12-07
SOUR CHERRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
WHAT IS SOUR CHERRY SYRUP AND HOW DO I USE IT? - COOK'S …
SOUR CHERRY SPOON SWEET - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST SOUR CHERRY SYRUP RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, CHERRY SYRUP, FOOD
HOMEMADE CHERRY SYRUP RECIPE | CREATED BY DIANE
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY SYRUP (NO PITTING) - WHERE IS MY SPOON
HOW TO MAKE SOUR CHERRY SHRUB & USE IT IN COCKTAILS
SOUR CHERRY JAM - PRACTICAL SELF RELIANCE
SOUR CHERRIES IN SYRUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE SOUR CHERRY SYRUP SAGA - ITALIAN CONNECTION
35 CHERRY SYRUP RECIPES | RECIPELAND
SOUR CHERRY RECIPES: A SWEET ROUNDUP - GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
CHERRY PIT SYRUP RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOW TO MAKE SOUR CHERRY SYRUP - COCKTAILS & BARS
EASY CHERRY SYRUP RECIPE | BABAGANOSH
SOUR CHERRY SHRUB RECIPE - GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
CHERRIES IN SYRUP RECIPE (SWEET OR SOUR CHERRIES) - WHERE IS MY …
TART CHERRY SYRUP | CHOOSE CHERRIES
HOMEMADE SOUR CHERRY LIQUEUR – EASY OLD FAMILY RECIPE REVEALED!
CANNING CHERRIES: GREAT FOR QUICK COBBLERS, PIES, OR OVER ICE CREAM!
SOUR CHERRY TART WITH ALMOND FRANGIPANE RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
SOUR CHERRY MUFFINS - SWEETPHI
27 OH-SO-GOOD TART CHERRY RECIPES TO CHERISH AND RELISH
CHERRY SOUR - EASY WHISKEY COCKTAIL - HOME COCKTAIL CRAFT
CHERRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SOUR CHERRY CRISP (EASY, MAKE-AHEAD DESSERT) - UMAMI GIRL
CHERRY WHISKEY SOUR - COOKING UP MEMORIES
BEST SOUR CHERRY PIE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
11 SUBLIME SOUR CHERRY RECIPES | EPICURIOUS.COM
SWEET CHERRY SIMPLE SYRUP • KEEPING IT SIMPLE BLOG
10 BEST SOUR CHERRY COCKTAILS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SUMMERY SOUR RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY SOUR CHERRIES IN LIGHT SYRUP WITH 3 INGREDIENTS - ALL WE EAT
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #beverages #asian #middle-eastern #iranian-persian #easy #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #healthy-2 #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make simple syrup with cherries?Our cherry simple syrup recipe is the perfect way to add a ton of cherry flavoring to any drink. Try adding it to your favorite cocktails and sodas. Place the cherries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low-medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
How do you make sour cherry sauce?Easy Sour Cherry Sauce. Ingredients. Instructions. Add pitted cherries to large saucepan. Stir in sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and pinch of salt. Bring to boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes until cherries release all their juices. Taste and add more sugar if you like sauce a bit sweeter.
How do you make sour cherries with frozen cherries?1 L frozen sour cherries 1 ½ cups cherry juice (add water as needed) 1 ¼ cups sugar 2-3 Tbsp modified cornstarch (clear jel or Col Flo 67) Thaw and drain cherries, retaining juice. Whisk cherry juice, sugar and cornstarch together until well mixed. Place mixture in saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil.
How much sugar do you put in sour cherries?Sugar: If you make this recipe with sour cherries use 350 g/ 12.4 oz/ 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar, they will need slightly more. Star anise: I am adding star anise to almost every cherry preserve I make this summer.